삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 105-02 비단주머니 속의 계책

不多時,魏延又表至,告稱楊儀反了。正覽表之間,楊儀又表到,奏稱魏延背反。二人接連具表,各陳是非。忽報費褘到。後主召入,褘細奏魏延反情。後主曰:「若如此,且令董允假節釋勸,用好言撫慰。」允奉詔而去。

卻說魏延燒斷棧道,屯兵南谷,把住隘口,自以為得計;不想楊儀、姜維星夜引兵抄到南谷之後。儀恐漢中有失,令先鋒何平引三千兵先行。儀同姜維等引兵扶柩望漢中而來。

且說何平引兵逕到南谷之後,擂鼓吶喊。哨馬飛報魏延,說楊儀令先鋒何平引兵自槎山小路抄來搦戰。延大怒,急披挂上馬,提刀引兵來迎。两陣對圓,何平出馬大罵曰:「反賊魏延安在?」延亦罵曰:「汝助楊儀造反,何敢罵我!」平叱曰:「丞相新亡,骨肉未寒,汝焉敢造反!」乃揚鞭指川兵曰:「汝等軍士,皆是西川之人,川中多有父母妻子,兄弟親朋。丞相在日,不曾薄待汝等,今不可助反賊,宜各回家鄉,聽候賞賜。」眾軍聞言,大喊一聲,散去大半。延大怒,揮刀縱馬,直取何平。平挺槍來應迎。戰不數合,平詐敗而走,延隨後趕來。眾軍弓弩齊發,延撥馬而回。見眾軍紛紛潰散,延轉怒,拍馬趕上,殺了數人;卻只止遏不住;只有馬岱所領三百人不動。延謂岱曰:「公真心助我,事成之後,決不相負。」遂與馬岱追殺何平。平引兵飛走而去。魏延收聚殘軍,與馬岱商議曰:「我等投魏,若何?」岱曰:「將軍之言,不智甚也:大丈夫何不自圖霸業,乃輕屈膝於人耶?吾觀將軍智勇足備,兩川之士,誰敢抵敵?吾誓同將軍先取漢中,隨後進攻兩川。」

延大喜,遂同馬岱引兵直取南鄭。姜維在南鄭城上,見魏延、馬岱耀武揚威,蜂擁而來。維急令拽起弔橋。延、岱二人,大叫:「早降!」姜維令人請楊儀商議曰:「魏延勇猛,更兼馬岱相助,雖然軍少,何計退之?」儀曰:「丞相臨終,遺一錦囊,囑曰:『若魏延造反,臨城對敵之時,方可開拆,便有斬魏延之計。』今當取出一看。」遂出錦囊拆封看時,題曰:「待與魏延對敵,馬上方許拆開。」維大喜曰:「既丞相有戒約,長史可收執。吾先引兵出城,列為陣勢,公可便來。」姜維披挂上馬,綽槍在手;引三千軍,開了城門,一齊衝出,鼓聲大震,列成陣勢。維挺槍立馬於門旗之下,高聲大罵曰:「反賊魏延!丞相不曾虧汝,今日如何背反?」延橫刀勒馬而言曰:「伯約,不干你事。只教楊儀來!」儀在門旗影裏,拆開錦囊視之,如此如此。儀大喜,輕騎而出,立馬陣前,手指魏延而笑曰:「丞相在日,知汝久後必反,教我提備,今果應其言。汝敢在馬上連叫三聲『誰敢殺我』,便是真大丈夫;吾就獻漢中城池與汝。延大笑曰:「楊儀匹夫聽著!若孔明在日,吾尚懼他三分;他今已亡,天下誰敢敵我?休道連叫三聲,便叫三萬聲,亦有何難?」遂提刀按轡,於馬上大叫曰:「誰敢殺我?」一聲未畢,腦後一人厲聲而應曰:「吾敢殺你!」手起刀落,斬魏延於馬下。眾皆駭然。斬魏延者,乃馬岱也。原來孔明臨終之時,授馬岱以密計,只待魏延喊叫時,便出其不意斬之;當日楊儀讀罷錦囊計策,已知伏下馬岱在彼,故依計而行,果然殺了魏延。後人有詩曰:

諸葛先機識魏延,
已知日後反西川。
錦囊遺計人難料,
卻見成功在馬前。

25 In a short time another memorial arrived from Wei Yan, who accused Yang Yi of rebellion. The Latter Ruler was reading it, when a messenger from Yang Yi was announced with yet another memorial labeling Wei Yan a rebel. The court received several more memorials from both sides blaming each other, and the officials did not know what to do.

26 Just then Fei Yi arrived. He was summoned into the royal presence and told the story of Wei Yan's revolt.

27 The Latter Ruler replied, "In that case I should do well to send Dong Yun with the ensigns of authority to mediate the situation and attempt to persuade Wei Yan with kind words."

28 So Dong Yun left on this mission.

29 At this time Wei Yan was camped at Nangu Valley, which was a commanding position. He thought his plan was succeeding well. It had not occurred to him that Yang Yi and Jiang Wei could get past him by any by-way.

30 On the other hand, Yang Yi, thinking that Hanzhong was lost, sent He Ping with three thousand troops on in front while he followed with the coffin.

31 When He Ping had got to the rear of Nangu Valley, they announced their presence with rolling drums. The scouts quickly told Wei Yan, who at once armed himself, took his sword, and rode out to confront He Ping. When both sides were arrayed, He Ping rode to the front and began to revile his opponent.

32 "Where is that rebel Wei Yan?" cried He Ping.

33 "You aided that traitor Yang Yi!" cried Wei Yan, no way backward with his tongue. "How dare you abuse me?"

34 He Ping waxed more indignant.

35 "You rebelled immediately after the late chief's death, before even his body was cold. How could you?"

36 Then shaking his whip at the followers of Wei Yan, He Ping cried, "And you soldiers are Shu people. Your fathers and mothers, wives and children, and your friends are still in the land. Were you treated unkindly that you have joined a traitor and aid his wicked schemes? You ought to have returned home and waited quietly the rewards that would have been yours."

37 The soldiers were touched by his words. They cheered, and more than a half ran away.

38 Wei Yan was now raging. He whirled up his sword and galloped forward straight for He Ping, who went to meet him with his spear ready. They fought several bouts, and then He Ping rode away as if defeated. Wei Yan followed, but He Ping's troops began to shoot and Wei Yan was driven backward. As he got near his own ranks, Wei Yan saw many generals leaving their companies and going away. He rode after them and cut some of them down. But this did not stay the movement; they continued to go. The only steady portion of his own army was that commanded by Ma Dai. They stood their ground.

39 "Will you really help me?" said Wei Yan. "I will surely remember you in the day of success."

40 The two then went in pursuit of He Ping, who fled before them. However, it was soon evident that He Ping was not to be overtaken, and the pursuers halted. Wei Yan mustered his now small force.

41 "What if we go over to Wei?" said Wei Yan.

42 "I think your words unwise," said Ma Dai. "Why should we join anyone? A really strong person would try to carve out his own fortune and not be ready to crook the knee to another. You are far more able and brave than any leader in the River Lands. No one would dare to stand up to you. I pledge myself to go with you to the seizure of Hanzhong, and thence we will attack the West River Land."

43 So they marched together toward Nanzheng, where Jiang Wei stationed. From the city wall Jiang Wei saw their approach and marked their proud, martial look. He ordered the drawbridge to be raised and sent to tell his colleague, Yang Yi.

44 As they drew near, both Wei Yan and Ma Dai shouted out, "Surrender!"

45 In spite of the smallness of their following, Jiang Wei felt that Ma Dai acting with Wei Yan was a dangerous combination, and he wanted the advice of Yang Yi.

46 "Wei Yan is valorous, and he is having the help of Ma Dai. How shall we repel them?" asked Jiang Wei.

47 Yang Yi replied, "Just before his death, the Prime Minister gave me a silken bag, which he said I was to open when Wei Yan's mutiny reached a critical point. It contains a plan to rid ourselves of this traitor, and it seems that now is the moment to see what should be done."

48 So Yang Yi opened the bag and drew forth the letter it held. On the cover he read:

49 "To be opened when Wei Yan is actually arrayed opposite you."

49 Said Jiang Wei, "As this has all been arranged for, I had better go out, and when his line is formed then you can come forth."

50 Jiang Wei donned his armor, took his spear, and rode out, with three thousand troops. They marched out of the city gates with the drums beating. The array completed, Jiang Wei took his place under the great standard and opened with a volley of abuse.

51 "Rebel Wei Yan, the late Prime Minister never harmed you. Why have you turned traitor?"

52 Wei Yan reined up, lowered his sword and replied, "Friend Jiang Wei, this is no concern of yours. Tell Yang Yi to come."

53 Now Yang Yi was also beneath the standard, but hidden. He opened the letter, and the words therein seemed to please him, for he rode forward blithely.

54 Presently he reined in, pointed to Wei Yan and said, "The Prime Minister foresaw your mutiny and bade me be on my guard. Now if you are able thrice to shout, 'Who dares kill me?', then you will be a real hero, and I will yield to you the whole of Hanzhong."

55 Wei Yan laughed.

57 "Listen, you old fool! While Zhuge Liang lived I feared him somewhat. But he is dead and no one dares stand before me. I will not only shout the words thrice, but a myriad times. Why not?"

58 Wei Yan raised his sword, shook his bridle, and shouted, "Who dares kill me?"

59 He never finished. Behind him someone shouted savagely, "I dare!" and at the same moment Wei Yan fell dead, cut down by Ma Dai.

60 This was the denouement, and was the secret entrusted to Ma Dai just before Zhuge Liang's death. Wei Yan was to be made to shout these words and slain when he least expected it. Yang Yi knew what was to happen, as it was written in the letter in the silken bag. A poem says:

60 Zhuge Liang foresaw when freed from his restraint 
Wei Yan would traitor prove. The silken bag 
Contained the plan for his undoing. We see 
How it succeeded when the moment came.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,