삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 066-03 조조가 황후를 시해하다

雲長曰:「烏林之役,左將軍親冒矢石,戮力破敵,豈得徒勞而無尺土相資?今足下復來索地耶?」肅曰:「不然。君侯始與皇叔同敗於長坂,計窮力竭,將欲遠竄,吾主矜愍皇叔身無處所,不愛土地。使有所託,足以圖後功;而皇叔愆德隳好,已得西川,又占荊州,貪而背義,恐為天下所恥笑。惟君侯察之。」雲長曰:「此皆吾兄之事,非某所宜與也。」肅曰:「某聞君侯與皇叔桃園結義,誓同生死。皇叔即君侯也,何得推托乎?」

雲長未及回答,周倉在階下厲聲言曰:「天下土地,惟有德者居之。豈獨是汝東吳當有耶?」雲長變色而起,奪周倉所執大刀,立於庭中,目視周倉而叱曰:「此國家之事,汝何敢多言!可速去!」倉會意,先到岸口,把紅旗一招。關平船如箭發,奔過江東來。雲長右手提刀,左手挽住魯肅手,佯推醉曰:「公今請吾赴宴,莫提起荊州之事。吾今已醉,恐傷故舊之情。他日令人請公到荊州赴會,另作商議。」

魯肅魂不附體,被雲長扯至江邊。呂蒙,甘寧,各引本部軍欲出;見雲長手提大刀,親握魯肅,恐肅被傷,遂不敢動。雲長到船邊,卻纔放手,早立於船首,與魯肅作別。肅如癡似呆,看關公船已乘風而去。後人有詩讚關公曰:

藐視吳臣若小兒,
單刀赴會敢平欺?
當年一段英雄氣,
尤勝相如在澠池。

雲長自回荊州。魯肅與呂蒙共議:「此計又不成,如之奈何?」蒙曰:「可申報主公,起兵與雲長決戰。」肅即使人申報孫權。權聞之大怒,商議起傾國之兵,來取荊州。忽報曹操又起三十萬大軍來也。權大驚,且教魯肅休惹荊州之兵,移兵向合淝,濡須,以拒曹操。

卻說操將欲起程南征,參軍傅幹,字彥材,上書諫操。書略曰:「幹聞用武則先威,用文則先德;威德相濟,而後王業成。往者天下大亂,明公用武攘之,十平其九;今未承王命者,吳與蜀耳。吳有長江之險,蜀有崇山之阻,難以威戰。愚以為且宜增修文德,按甲寢兵,息軍養士,待時而動。今若舉數十萬之眾,屯長江之濱,倘賊憑險深藏,使我士馬不得逞其能,奇變無所用其權,則天威屈矣。惟明公詳察焉。」

曹操覽畢,遂罷南征,興設學校,延禮文士。於是侍中王粲,杜襲,衛凱,和洽四人,議欲尊曹操為魏王。中書令荀攸曰:「不可。丞相官至魏公,榮加九鍚,位已極矣;今又進陞王位,於理不可。」曹操聞之,怒曰:「此人欲效荀彧耶!」荀攸知之,憂憤成疾,臥病十數日而卒,亡年五十八歲。操厚葬之,遂罷魏王事。

一日,曹操帶劍入宮,獻帝正與伏后共坐。伏后見操來,慌忙起身。帝見曹操,戰慄不已。操曰:「孫權,劉備,各霸一方,不尊朝庭,當如之何?」帝曰:「盡在魏公裁處。」操怒曰:「陛下出此言,外人聞之,只道吾欺君也。」帝曰:「君若肯相輔則幸甚;不爾,願垂恩相捨。」

67 Guan Yu replied, "After the Red Cliffs, my brother braved the arrows and the stones in the battle at Wuling and with all his strength drove back the enemy. Did he get a single foot of land for all his efforts? Now you come to force this place out of him."

68 "No, I do not," said Lu Su. "But at the time that you and your brother suffered defeat at Dangyang, when you were helpless and in the greatest straits, fugitives you knew not whither, then my master was moved with pity and did not grudge the land. So he gave your brother a foothold whence he might be able to accomplish other ends. But your brother has presumed upon long-suffering. He has attained his end---the country of his desire---and still he occupies Jingzhou. Such greed and such treachery will make the whole world laugh him to shame, as you know quite well."

69 "All that is no affair of mine; it is my brother's. I cannot yield the land."

70 "I know that by the oath in the Peach Garden you three were to live or die together. But your brother has consented to yield: How are you going to get out of that?"

71 Before Guan Yu could reply, however, Zhou Cang burst into the conversation, roaring out, "Only the virtuous get hold of territory: Does that mean only you people of East Wu?"

72 Guan Yu's anger now showed itself. His face changed; he rose in his place, took his sword from his sword-bearer, and said fiercely, "How dare you talk like this at a discussion of state matters? Go! And go quickly!"

73 Zhou Cang understood. He left the hall, made his way to the river and waved the red call-flag. The ships of Guan Ping darted across like arrows and were ready for action.

74 The mighty sword in his right hand, Guan Yu laid hold of Lu Su with his left and, simulating intoxication, said, "You have kindly invited me today, Sir, but do not say anything about Jingzhou, for I am so drunk that I may forget our old friendship. Some other day I hope to invite you to Jingzhou, and then we will talk about that matter."

75 Poor Lu Su's soul almost left his body with fright as he was led down to the river bank in the grip of his guest. Lu Meng and Gan Ning, who Lu Su had placed in ambush, dared not act and so made no move lest they should bring about the doom of Lu Su. When they got to the bank, Guan Yu released his host, got on board, and then said farewell. Lu Su stood dumbfounded, staring at the ship, while a fair breeze bore it quickly out of sight.

76 This episode has been commemorated in verse:

77 He showed his contempt for the soldiers of Wu 
By going alone to their traitor feast; 
As Lin Xiangru of old he was much bolder; 
As the Shengchi Lake game was played again.

78 Guan Yu took his homeward way, while Lu Su and his two confederates talked over what had occurred.

79 "What can be done now?" said Lu Su.

80 "The only thing is to tell our master and let him send an army," replied Lu Meng.

81 Lu Su sent a messenger to Sun Quan, who, in his wrath, was for sending every available soldier at once against Jingzhou.

82 But at this crisis there came news that Cao Cao was raising a huge army with the intention of attacking the South Land. So hasty orders were sent to Lu Su to make no move, but to send all the troops he could toward Hefei and Ruxu in the north to repel Cao Cao.

83 However, Cao Cao did not march south. One of his military advisers, Fu Gan, sent in a memorial against the scheme:

84 "I, Fu Gan, understand that inspiring fear is the chief consideration in war, as inculcating virtue is in government. These two combined in one person fit him to be a prince. Formerly, in the days of disturbance, you, Illustrious Sir, attacked the rebels and restored tranquillity almost everywhere, the only regions unsubdued and not under your control being Wu and Shu. The former of these is protected by the Great River, the latter secured by its mountains, and both difficult to conquer by force of arms.

85 밠y humble opinion is that it is more fitting to increase the authority of civil government, to lay aside arms and rest weapons, to cease from war and train your soldiers until the times shall be favorable. If your mighty legions be now sent to camp on the river bank and the rebels should take refuge behind their natural defenses, your soldiers will be unable to prove their prowess; and should extraordinary strategies be planned, the rebels will not be available. In such a case your high prestige would be impaired. I trust, Illustrious Sir, you will deign to examine this."

86 After reading this, Cao Cao ceased to think of an expedition against the south. Instead, he established schools and set himself to attract people of ability.

87 About the same time four of his officers---Wang Can, Du Xi, Wei Kai, and He He---conceived the idea of getting for Cao Cao the honor of "Prince of Wei".

88 But Xun You opposed this course, saying, "The Prime Minister's rank is already that of "Duke", and he has received the additional honor of the Nine Dignities, so that his position is extremely high. If he advances to the rank of kingship, it will be inconsistent with reasonableness."

89 But Cao Cao was annoyed at this opposition and said, "Does the man wish to emulate Xun Yu?"

90 When Xun You heard of Cao Cao's anger, he was grieved and fell ill, so that in a few days he died. He was fifty-eight years of age. Cao Cao had his remains interred honorably, and he stayed his ambition for princely rank.

91 But there came a day when Cao Cao entered the Palace wearing his sword and made his way to the apartment where the Emperor and the Empress were seated. The Empress rose in a fright, and the Emperor gazed at his minister in terror.

92 "Sun Quan and Liu Bei have each seized a portion of the empire and no longer respect the court. What is to be done?"

93 To this abrupt speech the Emperor replied, "The matter lies within your province."

94 Cao Cao answered, angrily, "If such a remark be known outside, they will say I treat my prince without respect!"

95 "If you will help me, I shall be most happy," said His Majesty. "If not, then I trust to your kindness to let me alone."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,