삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 078-03 간웅 조조의 죽음

卻說曹操自殺華佗之後,病勢愈重,又憂吳、蜀之事。正慮間,近臣忽奏東吳遣使上書。操取書拆視之。略曰:

臣孫權久知天命已歸王上,伏望早正大位,遣將剿滅劉備,掃平兩川,臣即率群下納土歸降矣。
  操觀畢大笑,出示群臣曰:「是兒欲使吾居爐火上耶!」侍中陳群等奏曰:「漢室久已衰微,殿下功德巍巍,生靈仰望。今孫權稱臣歸命,此天人之應,異氣齊聲。殿下宜應天順人,早正大位。」操笑曰:「吾事漢多年,雖有功德及民,然位至於王,名爵已極,何敢更有他望?苟天命在孤,孤為周文王矣。」司馬懿曰:「今孫權既稱臣歸附,王上可封官賜爵,令拒劉備。」操從之,表封孫權為驃騎將軍南昌侯,領荊州牧。即日遣使齎誥勅赴東吳去訖。

操病勢轉加。忽一夜夢三馬同槽而食,及曉,問賈詡曰:「孤向日曾夢三馬同槽,疑是馬騰父子為禍;今騰已死,昨宵復夢三馬同槽。主何吉凶?」詡曰:「祿馬吉兆也。祿馬歸於曹,王上何必疑乎?」操因此不疑。後人有詩曰:

三馬同槽事可疑,
不知已植晉根基。
曹瞞空有奸雄略,
豈識朝中司馬師?

是夜操臥寢室,至三更,覺頭目昏眩,乃起,伏几而臥。忽聞殿中聲如裂帛,操驚視之,忽見伏皇后、董貴人、二皇子并伏完、董承等二十餘人,渾身血污,立於愁雲之內,隱隱聞索命之聲。操急拔劍望空砍去,忽然一聲響亮,震塌殿宇西南一角。操驚倒於地,近侍救出,遷於別宮養病。次夜又聞殿外男女哭聲不絕。至曉,操召群臣入曰:「孤在戎馬之中,三十餘年,未嘗信怪異之事。今日為何如此?」群臣奏曰:「大王當命道士設醮修禳。」操歎曰:「聖人云:『獲罪於天,無所禱也。』孤天命已盡,安可救乎?」遂不允設醮。

次日,覺氣沖上焦,目不見物,急召夏侯惇商議。惇至殿門前,忽見伏皇后、董貴人、二皇子、伏完、董承等,立在陰雲之中。惇大驚昏倒,左右扶出,自此得病。操召曹洪、陳群、賈詡、司馬懿等,同至臥榻前,囑以後事。曹洪等頓首曰:「大王善保玉體,不日定當霍然。」操曰:「孤縱橫天下三十餘年,群雄皆滅,止有江東孫權,西蜀劉備,未曾剿除。孤今病危,不能再與卿等相敘,特以家事相託:孤長子曹昂,劉氏所生,不幸早年歿於宛城。今卞氏生四子:丕、彰、植、熊。孤平生所愛第三子植,為人虛華少誠實,嗜酒放縱,因此不立;次子曹彰,勇而無謀;四子曹熊,多病難保;惟長子曹丕,篤厚恭謹,可繼我業。卿等宜輔佐之。」

55 Meanwhile, Cao Cao became worse, the uncertainty of the intentions of his rivals aggravating his disease not a little. Then they said an envoy had come with letter from Wu, and it ran like this:

56 "Thy servant, Sun Quan, has long seen destiny indicates Your Highness as master of all, and looks forward with confidence to your early accession to the dignity of the Son of God. If you will send your armies to destroy Liu Bei and sweep rebellion from the two River Lands, thy servant at the head of his armies will submit and accept his land as a fief."

57 Cao Cao laughed as he read this, and he said to his officers, "Is this youth trying to put me on a furnace?"

58 But Minister Chen Qun and the attendants seriously replied, "O Prince, the Hans have been feeble too long, while your virtues and merits are like the mountains. All the people look to you, and when Sun Quan acknowledged himself as your minister, he is but responsive to the will of God and the desire of humans. It is wrong that you oppose when such contrary influences work to a common end, and you must soon ascend to the high place."

59 Cao Cao smiled. "I have served the Hans for many years. Even if I have acquired some merit, yet I have been rewarded with a princedom and high rank. I dare not aspire to greater things. If the finger of heaven points to me, then shall I be as King Wen of Zhou."

60 "As Sun Quan acknowledges himself your servant and promises obedience, you, my lord, can confer a title upon him and assign to him the duty of attacking Liu Bei," said Sima Yi.

61 Approving of the suggestion, Cao Cao gave Sun Quan the titles of General of the Flying Cavalry and Lord of Nanzhang, and appointed him to the Imperial Protectorship of Jingzhou. Forthwith this command was sent away to Sun Quan.

62 Cao Cao's condition grew worse daily. One night he had a dream of three horses feeding out of the same manger.

63 Next day he told it to Jia Xu, saying, "I saw three horses feeding on the same manger before the family of Ma Teng was harmed. Last night I saw the same dream again. How do you interpret it?"

64 "The horses were feeding on bounty: It is auspicious to dream of dignity," replied Jia Xu. "And naturally such an honor comes to the Caos. I do not think you need feel any misgivings."

65 Cao Cao was comforted.

66 Cao Cao dreamed three steeds together fed, 
The vision seers could not explain, 
None guessed how soon, when Cao Cao was dead, 
One dynasty would rule again. 
Ah, yes, Cao Cao had vainly wrought; 
Of none avail each wicked wile, 
For, later, in Wei court, there fought 
Against him one with equal guile.

67 That night Cao Cao became worse. As he lay on his couch he felt dizzy and could not see, so he rose and sat by a table, upon which he leaned. It seemed to him that someone shrieked, and, peering into the darkness, he perceived the forms of many of his victims---the Empress Fu, the Consort Dong, Fu Wan, Dong Cheng, and more than twenty other officials---, and all were bloodstained. They stood in the obscurity and whispered, demanding his life. He rose, lifted his sword and threw it wildly into the air. Just then there was a loud crash, and the southwest corner of the new building came down. And Cao Cao fell with it. His attendants raised him and bore him to another palace, where he might lie at peace.

68 But he found no peace. The next night was disturbed by the ceaseless wailing of men and women's voices.

69 When day dawned, Cao Cao sent for his officers, and said to them, "Thirty years have I spent in the turmoil of war and have always refused belief in the supernatural. But what does all this mean?"

70 "O Prince, you should summon the Daoists to offer sacrifices and prayers," said they.

71 Cao Cao sighed, saying, "The Wise Teacher said, 'He who offends against heaven has no one to pray to.' I feel that my fate is accomplished, my days have run, and there is no help."

72 But he would not consent to call in the priests. Next day his symptoms were worse. He was panting and could no longer see distinctly. He sent hastily for Xiahou Dun, who came at once. But as Xiahou Dun drew near the doors, he too saw the shadowy forms of the slain Empress and her children and many other victims of Cao Cao's cruelty. He was overcome with fear and fell to the ground. The servants raised him and led him away, very ill.

73 Then Cao Cao called in four of his trusty advisers---Cao Hong, Chen Qun, Jia Xu, and Sima Yi---that they might hear his last wishes.

74 Cao Hong, speaking for the four, said, "Take good care of your precious self, O Prince, that you may quickly recover."

75 But Cao Cao said, "Thirty and more years have I gone up and down, and many bold leaders have fallen before me. The only ones that remain are Sun Quan in the south and Liu Bei in the west. I have not yet slain them. Now I am very ill, and I shall never again stand before you; wherefore my family affairs must be settled. My first born---Cao Ang, son of Lady Liu---fell in battle at Wancheng, when he was young. The Lady Bian bore four sons to me, as you know. The third, Cao Zhi, was my favorite, but he was vain and unreliable, fond of wine and lax in morals. Therefore he is not my heir. My second son, Cao Zhang, is valiant, but imprudent. The fourth, Cao Xiong, is a weakly and may not live long. My eldest, Cao Pi, is steady and serious; he is fit to succeed me; and I look to you to support him."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,