삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 079-03 위왕에 오른 조비

玄德從之,遂遣使陞劉封去守綿竹。原來彭羕與孟達甚厚,聽知此事,急回家作書,遣心腹人馳報孟達。使者方出南門外,被馬超巡視軍捉獲,解見馬超。超審知此事,即往見彭羕。羕接入,置酒相待。酒至數巡,超以言挑之曰:「昔漢中王待公甚厚,今何漸薄也?」羕因酒醉,恨罵曰:「老革荒悖,吾必有以報之!」超又探曰:「某亦懷怨心久矣。」羕曰:「公起本部軍,結連孟達為外合,某領川兵為內應,大事可圖也。」超曰:「先生之言甚當。來日再議。」超辭了彭羕,即將人與書解見漢中王,細言其事。玄德大怒,即令擒彭羕下獄,拷問其情。羕在獄中,悔之無及。玄德問孔明曰:「彭羕有謀反之意,當何以治之?」孔明曰:「羕雖狂士,然留之久必生禍。」於是玄德賜彭羕死於獄。

羕既死,有人報知孟達。達大驚,舉止失錯。忽使命至,調劉封回守綿竹去訖。孟達慌請上庸、房陵都尉申耽、申儀弟兄二人商議曰:「我與法孝直同有功於漢中王;今孝直已死,而漢中王忘我前功,乃欲見害,為之奈何?」耽曰:「某有一計,使漢中王不能加害於公。」達大喜,急問何計。耽曰:「吾弟兄欲投魏久矣;公可作一表,辭了漢中王,投魏王曹丕,丕必重用。吾二人亦隨後來降也。」達猛然省悟,即寫表一通,付與來使;當晚引五十餘騎投魏去了。使命持表回成都,奏漢中王,言孟達投魏之事。先主大怒,覽其表曰:

臣達伏惟殿下將建伊、呂之業,追桓、文之功,大事草創,假勢吳、楚,是以有為之士,望風歸順。臣委質以來,愆戾山積;臣猶自知,況於君乎?今王朝英俊鱗集,臣內無輔佐之器,外無將領之才,列次功臣,誠足自愧!

臣聞范蠡識微,浮於五湖;舅犯謝罪,逡巡河上。夫際會之間,請命乞身,何哉:欲潔去就之分也。況臣卑鄙,無元功巨勳,自繫於時,竊慕前賢,早思遠恥。昔申生至孝,見疑於親;子胥至忠,見誅於君;蒙恬拓境而被大刑,樂毅破齊而遭讒佞。臣每讀其書,未嘗不感慨流涕;而親當其事,益用傷悼!

邇者,荊州覆敗,大臣失節,百無一還;惟臣尋事,自致房陵、上庸,而復乞身自放於外。伏想殿下聖恩感悟,愍臣之心,悼臣之舉。臣誠小人,不能始終。知而為之,敢謂非罪?臣每聞「交絕無惡聲,去臣無怨辭」。臣過奉教於君子,願君王勉之。臣不勝惶恐之至!

玄德看畢,大怒曰:「匹夫叛吾,安敢以文辭相戲耶!」即欲起兵擒之。孔明曰:「可就遣劉封進兵,令二虎相併;劉封或有功,或敗績,必歸成都,就而除之,可絕兩害。」玄德從之,遂遣使到綿竹,傳諭劉封。封受命,率兵來擒孟達。

48 The Prince of Hanzhong saw the prudence of this procedure and stayed his hand. He raised Liu Feng to the Governorship of Mianzhu, and so separated the two delinquents.

49 Now Peng Yang and Meng Da were old friends. Hearing what was afoot, the former hastened home and wrote warning his friend. The letter was confided to a trusty messenger to bear to Meng Da. The messenger was caught as he went out of the city and carried before Ma Chao, who thus got wind of the business. He then went to Peng Yang's house, where, nothing being suspected, he was received kindly and wine was brought in. The two drank for some time.

50 When Ma Chao thought his host sufficiently off his guard, he said, "The Prince of Hanzhong used to look on you with great favor. Why does he do so no longer?"

51 The host began to rave against his master.

52 "The obstinate old leather-belly! But I will find some way to pay him out."

53 In order to see to what lengths he would go, Ma Chao led him on, saying, "Truth to tell, I have long hated the man too."

54 "Then you join Meng Da and attack, while I will win over the people of East and West River Lands. That will make it easy enough," said Peng Yang.

55 "What you propose is very feasible, but we will talk it over again tomorrow," said Ma Chao, and took leave.

56 Taking with him the captured man and the letter he carried, Ma Chao then proceeded to see the Prince, to whom he related the whole story. Liu Bei was very angry and at once had the intended traitor arrested and put in prison, where he was examined under torture to get at full details.

57 While Peng Yang lay in prison, bitterly but vainly repentant, Liu Bei consulted his adviser.

58 "That fellow Peng Yang meant to turn traitor. What shall I do with him?"

59 "The fellow is something of a scholar, but irresponsible," replied Zhuge Liang. "He is too dangerous to be left alive."

60 Thereupon orders were given that he should be allowed to commit suicide in gaol. The news that Peng Yang had been made away frightened his sympathizer and friend, Meng Da, and put him in a quandary. Further, Liu Feng's promotion and transfer to Mianzhu arrived, and it frightened him still more. So he sought advice from two friends and commanders, the brothers Shen Dan and Shen Yi, who lived in Shangyong.

61 "My friend Peng Yang and I did much for the Prince of Hanzhong. But now Peng Yang is dead, and I am forgotten. More than that, the Prince wishes to put me to death. What can I do?" said Meng Da.

62 Shen Dan replied, "I think I can find a plan that will secure your safety."

63 "What is it?" asked Meng Da, feeling happier.

64 "Desertion. My brother Shen Yi and I have long desired to go over to Wei. You just write the Prince of Hanzhong a memorial resigning your service and betake yourself to the Prince of Wei, who will certainly employ you in some honorable way. Then we two will follow."

65 Meng Da saw that this was his best course, so he wrote a memorandum, which he gave to the messenger who had brought the recent dispatches to take back with him. That night Meng Da left his post and went to Wei.

66 The messenger returned to Chengdu, handed in Meng Da's memorial, and told the story of his desertion. The Prince was angry. He tore open the letter and read:

67 "In the humble opinion of thy servant, O Prince, you have set out to accomplish a task comparable with that of Yi Yin, and to walk in the meritorious footsteps of Lu Wang in building the fame of Dukes Wen and Huan. When the great design was rough-hewn, you had the support of the lands of the states of Wu and Chu, wherefore many people of ability incontinently joined you. Since I entered your service, I have committed many faults; and if I recognize them, how much more do you see them! Now, O Prince, you are surrounded by famous people, while I, useless as a helper at home and inept as a leader abroad, should be shamed were I to take a place among them.

68 "It is well known that when Fan Li saw certain eventualities, he went sailing on the lakes, and Zi Fan acknowledged his faults and stayed by the rivers. Inasmuch as one cannot take means of safeguarding one's self at the critical and dangerous moment, I desire---as is my duty---to go away as I came, untainted. Moreover, I am stupid and without use or merit, merely born in these days as the sport of circumstances.

69 "In the days of old, Shen Sheng, though perfectly filial, incurred the suspicions of his father and died; Wu Zixu, though perfectly loyal, was put to death. Meng Tian, though he extended the borders of Qin, suffered the extreme penalty; and Yue Yi, though he destroyed the might of Qi, was the victim of calumny. Whenever I have read of these men, I have been moved to tears, and now I am in like case and the more mortified.

70 "Lately Jingzhou was overwhelmed, and I, an officer of rank, failed in my duty, not one in a hundred behaving as I should. Only I return Fangling and Shangyong and seek service abroad. Now I desire you, O Prince, graciously to understand, to sympathize with thy servant and to condone the step he is about to take. Really I am but a mean man, incapable of great deeds. I know what I am doing, and I dare to say it is no small fault.

71 "They say that dissolution of bonds should not occasion recrimination, and the dismissed servant should take leave without heart-burning. I have taken your orders many times, and now, O Prince, you must act yourself. I write this with extreme trepidation."

72 But the reading gave rise to great anger in the breast of the Prince.

73 "The unmerited fellow!" said he. "He turns traitor and dares to insult me by sending a letter of farewell."
74 Liu Bei was just giving orders to send a force to seize the deserter, when Zhuge Liang interposed, saying, "You had better send Liu Feng to capture him and let the two tigers worry each other to weakness. Whether Liu Feng succeeds or fails, he will have to come to the capital, and you can kill him. Thus will you cut off two evils."

75 Liu Bei took his advice. Orders were sent to Mianzhu, and Liu Feng obediently led out his troops.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,