삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 083-03 유비가 원수를 갚다

且說關興行無數里,忽聽得人喊馬嘶,一彪軍到來;為首一將,乃潘璋部將馬忠也。忠見興殺了主將潘璋,將首級擐於馬項之下;青龍刀又被興得了;勃然大怒,縱馬來取關興。興見馬忠是害父讎人,氣沖牛斗,舉青龍刀望忠便砍。忠部下三百軍併力上前,一聲喊起,將關興圍在垓心。興力孤勢危。忽見西北上一彪軍殺來,乃是張苞。馬忠見救兵到來,慌忙引軍自退。關興、張苞一同趕來。趕不數里,前面糜芳、傅士仁引兵來尋馬忠。兩軍相合,混戰一埸。苞、興二人兵少,慌忙撤退,回至猇亭,來見先主,獻上首級,具言此事。先主驚異,賞犒三軍。

卻說馬忠回見韓當、周泰,收聚敗軍,各分頭把守。軍士中傷者不計其數。馬忠帶傅士仁、糜芳於江渚屯劄。當夜三更,軍士皆哭聲不止。糜芳暗聽之,有一夥言曰:「我等皆是荊州之兵,被呂蒙詭計送了主公性命,今劉皇叔御駕親征,東吳早冕休矣。所恨者,糜芳、傅士仁也。我等何不殺此二賊,去蜀營投降?功勞不小。」又一夥軍言曰:「不要性急,等個空兒便就下手。」

糜芳聽畢,大驚,遂與傅士仁商議曰:「軍心變動,我二人性命難保。今蜀主所恨者,馬忠耳;何不殺了他,將首級去獻蜀主,告稱:『我等不得已而降吳,今知御駕前來,特地詣營請罪。』」仁曰:「不可,去必有禍。」芳曰:「蜀主寬仁厚德;目今阿斗太子是我外甥,彼但念我國戚之情,必不肯加害。」

二人計較已定,先備了馬。三更時分,入帳刺殺馬忠,將首級割了,二人帶數十騎,逕投猇亭而來。伏路軍人,先引見張南、馮習,具說其事。次日,到御營中來見先主,獻上馬忠首級,哭告於前曰:「臣等實無反心;被呂蒙詭計,稱言關公已亡,賺開城門,臣等不得已而降。今聞聖駕前來,特殺此賊,以雪陛下之恨。伏乞陛下恕臣等之罪。」先主大怒曰:「朕自離成都許多時,你兩個如何不來請罪?今見勢危,故來巧言,欲全性命!朕若饒你,至九泉之下,有何面目見關公乎!」

言訖,令關興在御營中,設關公靈位。先主親捧馬忠首級,詣前祭祀。又令關興將糜芳、傅士仁剝去衣服,跪於靈前,親自用刀剮之,以祭關公。忽張苞上帳哭拜於前曰:「二伯父讎人皆已誅戮;臣父冤讎,何日可報?」先主曰:「賢姪勿憂。朕當削平江南,殺盡吳狗,務擒二賊,與汝親自醢之,以祭汝父。」苞泣謝而退。

此時先主威聲大震,江南之人,盡皆膽裂,日夜號哭。韓當、周泰大驚,急奏吳王,具言糜芳、傅士仁殺了馬忠,去歸蜀帝,亦被蜀帝殺了。孫權心怯,遂聚文武商議。步騭奏曰:「蜀主所恨者:乃呂蒙、潘璋、馬忠、糜芳、傅士仁也。今此數人皆亡,獨有范疆、張達二人,現在東吳。何不擒此二人,并張飛首級,遣使送還,交與荊州,送歸夫人,上表求和,再會前情,共圖滅魏,則蜀兵自退矣。」權從其言,遂具沈香木匣,盛貯飛首,綁縛范疆、張達,囚於檻車之內,令程秉為使,齎國書,望猇亭而來。

47 Guan Xing had not gone very far when he heard the neighing of horses and soon met a troop led by Ma Zhong, one of Pan Zhang's generals, who was looking for his chief. Ma Zhong fell into a great rage when he saw the head of Pan Zhang swinging at the neck of Guan Xing's horse and beheld the famous sword in his hand. Ma Zhong galloped up furiously, and Guan Xing, who recognized an enemy of his late father, rushed to meet him. Just as he would strike, however, Ma Zhong's three hundred troops galloped up to support their general, and Guan Xing was surrounded. He was in dire danger, but just opportunely came up a troop of horse led by his cousin Zhang Bao. At this, Ma Zhong, thinking discretion the better part, drew off his army and rode away.

48 The two cousins pursued him. Before they had gone far, they met another force under Mi Fang and Fu Shiren, who had come out to seek Ma Zhong. The two bodies of soldiers met and fought, but the troops of Shu were too few for victory and drew off. Thence they made their way to headquarters in Xiaoting, where they told their adventures and presented the head of Pan Zhang. The First Ruler was very pleased and rewarded all armed forces.

49 Ma Zhong went back and rejoined Han Dang and Zhou Tai. Then they collected their troops, many wounded, and stationed them in various points.

50 Ma Zhong, together with Mi Fang and Fu Shiren, marched to the river bank and encamped. The night they arrived, many soldiers were groaning with the pain of their wounds.

51 Mi Fang, who was listening unknown to them, heard one of them say, "We are Jingzhou soldiers and victims of Lu Meng's vile machinations. If we had only remained under Liu Bei! Now he is Emperor and has set out to destroy Wu, and he will do it one day. But he has a special grudge against Mi Fang and Fu Shiren. Why should we not kill these two and go over to Shu? They will think we have done well."

52 Another said, "Do not be hasty. We will do it presently when there is a chance."

53 Mi Fang started as he heard this. He told Fu Shiren, saying, "The troops are mutinous, and we ourselves are in danger. Ma Zhong is an object of especial hatred to the Ruler of Shu. Suppose we kill him and surrender. We can say we were compelled to give in to Wu, but as soon as the news of the Emperor came near, we wanted to get back."

54 "It will not do," said Fu Shiren. "If we go, they will kill us!"

55 "No! The Ruler of Shu is liberal and kind. And the heir, Liu Shan, is my nephew. They will surely not do any harm to a connection."

56 In the end they decided to go. And in the third watch they made their way into their chief's tent and stabbed him to death. Then they cut off his head, and with their grisly trophy and a few dozen followers they set off for the camp of the Ruler of Shu.

57 They arrived at the outposts and were taken to see Zhang Nan and Feng Xi, to whom they told their tale. Next day they went into the main camp and were admitted to the presence of the First Ruler, to whom they offered their trophy.

58 And they threw themselves on the ground and wept, saying "We are not traitors. We were the victims of Lu Meng's wickedness. He said that Guan Yu was dead and tricked us into giving up the cities. We could not help surrendering. When we heard the Sacred Chariot had come, we slew Ma Zhong to satisfy your vengeance, and we implore forgiveness."

59 But the First Ruler was angry, and said, "I left Chengdu a long time ago. Why did you not come to confess your fault before? Now you find yourselves in danger, and so you come with this specious tale to try to save your lives. If I pardon you, how shall I look my brother in the face when we meet beneath the Nine Golden Springs?"

60 Then he bade Guan Xing set up an altar to his father in the camp, and thereon the First Ruler offered the head of Ma Zhong in sacrifice before the tablet of Guan Yu. This done, he had Guan Xing strip the two deserters and make them kneel before the altar. And presently with his own hand, Guan Xing hewed them in pieces as a sacrifice.

61 Presently Zhang Bao came in and wailed before the First Ruler, saying, "The two enemies of my uncle have been slain, but when will vengeance be taken upon those of my father?"

62 "Do not grieve, my nephew," said the First Ruler, "I am going to lay waste the South Land and slay the whole of the curs that live there. I will assuredly capture the two murderers of your father, and you shall hack them to pieces as a sacrifice."

63 Zhang Bao went away, still weeping.

64 About this time the fear of the First Ruler was very great among the people of the South Land, who stood in dread of him so that they grieved night and day. Han Dang and Zhou Tai were rather frightened too, and they sent a report to their master of the assassination of Ma Zhong and what had befallen the assassins.

65 Then Sun Quan was distressed and called together his counselors. At this meeting Bu Zhi proposed submission and self-humiliation for the sake of peace.

66 Said he, "There were five persons---Lu Meng, Pan Zhang, Ma Zhong, Mi Fang, and Fu Shiren---whom Liu Bei had a grudge against, and they are all dead. Now the objects of his hate are the murderers of Zhang Fei---Fan Jiang and Zhang Da. Why not send back Zhang Fei's head, and these two assassins, and give up Jingzhou and restore Lady Sun and ask for peace and alliance against Wei? This will make the army of Shu retire, and we shall have peace."

67 This proposal seemed good. So the head of Zhang Fei was enclosed in a sandalwood box; Fan Jiang and Zhang Da were bound and put in a cage-cart. All these were sent, with letters, by the hand of Cheng Bing to the camp at Xiaoting.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,