삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 087-05 남만 정벌

孔明謂諸將曰:「來日孟獲必然親自引兵廝殺,便可就此擒之。」乃喚趙雲、魏延至,付與計策,各引五千兵去了。又喚王平、關索同引一軍,授計而去。孔明分撥已畢,坐於帳上待之。

卻說蠻王孟獲在帳中正坐,忽哨馬報來,說三洞元帥,俱被孔明捉將去了;部下之兵,各自潰散。獲大怒,遂起蠻兵迤邐進發,正遇王平軍馬。兩陣對圓,王平出馬橫刀望之:只見門旗開處,數百南蠻騎將兩勢擺開。中間孟獲出馬:頭頂嵌寶紫金冠,身披纓絡紅錦袍,腰系碾玉獅子帶,腳穿鷹嘴抹綠靴,騎一匹卷毛赤兔馬,懸兩口鬆紋鑲寶劍,昂然觀望,回顧左右蠻將曰:「人每說諸葛亮善能用兵;今觀此陣,旌旗雜亂,隊伍交錯;刀槍器械,無一可能勝吾者:始知前日之言謬也。早知如此,吾反多時矣。誰敢去擒蜀將:以振軍威?」

言未盡,一將 應聲而出,名喚忙牙長;使一口截頭大刀,騎一匹黃驃馬,來取王平。二將交鋒,戰不數合,王平便走。孟獲驅兵大進,迤邐追趕。關索略戰又走,約退二十餘里。

孟獲正追 殺之間,忽然喊聲大起,左有張嶷,右有張翼,兩路兵殺出,截斷歸路。王平、關索復兵殺回。前後夾攻,蠻兵大敗。孟獲引部將死戰得脫,望錦帶山而逃。背後三路兵追殺將來。獲正奔走之間,前面喊聲大起,一彪軍攔住:為首大將乃常山趙子龍也。獲見了大驚,慌忙奔錦帶山小路而走。子龍沖殺一陣,蠻兵大敗,生擒者無數。

孟獲止與數十騎奔入山谷之中,背後追兵至近,前面路狹,馬不能行,乃棄了馬匹,爬山越嶺而逃。忽然山谷中一聲鼓響,乃是魏延受了孔明計策,引五百步軍,伏於此處,孟獲抵敵不住,被魏延生擒活捉了。從騎皆降。魏延解孟獲到大寨來見孔明。孔明早已殺牛宰羊,設宴在寨;卻教帳中排開七重圍子手,刀槍劍戟,燦若霜雪;又執御賜黃金鉞斧,曲柄傘蓋,前後羽葆鼓吹,左右排開御林軍,布列得十分嚴整。孔明端坐於帳上,只見蠻兵紛紛穰穰,解到無數。孔明喚到帳中,盡去其縛,撫諭曰:「汝等皆是好百姓,不幸被孟獲所拘,今受驚。吾想汝等父母、兄弟、妻子必倚門而望;若聽知陣敗,定然割肚牽腸, 眼中流血。吾今盡放汝等回去,以安各人父母、兄弟、妻子之心。」言訖,各賜酒食米糧而遣之。蠻兵深感其恩,泣拜而去。

孔明教喚武士押過孟獲來。不移時,前推後擁,縛至帳前。獲跪與帳下。孔明曰:「先帝待汝不薄,汝何敢背反?」獲曰:「兩川之地,皆是他人所佔土地,汝主倚強奪之,自稱為帝。吾世居此處,汝等無禮,侵我土地:何為反耶?」孔明曰:「吾今擒汝,汝心服否?」獲曰:「山僻路狹,誤遭汝手,如何肯服!」孔明曰:「汝既不服,吾放汝去,若何?」獲曰:「汝放我回去,再整軍馬,共決雌雄;若能再擒吾,吾方服也。」孔明即令去其縛。與衣服穿了,賜以酒食,給與鞍馬,差人送出路,徑望本寨而去。正是:

寇入掌中還放去,
人居化外未能降。

未知再來交戰若何?且看下文分解。

115 Then he summoned Zhao Zilong and Wei Yan and gave them orders. They left, each with five thousand troops. Next he sent Wang Ping and Guan Suo away with instructions. And then he and other officers sat in his tent to wait for the result.

116 The King of the Mangs was sitting in his tent when the scouts told him that his three chiefs had been captured and their armies scattered. It made him very angry, and he quickly got his army ready to march. Soon he met Wang Ping and Guan Suo, and, when the armies were arrayed, Wang Ping rode out to the front, saber in his hand. The flaunting banners of the array formation of his foes then opened out, and he saw their ranks. Many generals were on horseback on both sides. In the middle was the King, who advanced to the front. He wore a golden, inlaid headdress; his belt bore a lion's face as clasp; his boots had pointed toes and were green; he rode a frizzy-haired horse the color of a red hare; he carried at his waist a pair of swords chased with the pine amber.

117 He looked haughtily at his foes, and then, turning to his generals, said, "It has always been said that Zhuge Liang is a wonderful strategist, but I see that is false. Look at this array with its banners all in confusion and the ranks in disorder. There is not a weapon among all the swords and spears better than ours. If I had only realized this before, I would have fought them long ago. Who dares go out and capture a Shu general to show them what sort of warriors we are?"

118 At once a general rode toward the leader Wang Ping. His name was Mangya Chang. His weapon was a huge headsman's sword, and he rode a dun pony. Riding up to Wang Ping, the two engaged.

119 Wang Ping only fought a short time, and then fled. Meng Huo at once ordered his troops on in quick pursuit, and the troops of Shu retreated seven miles or so before the Mangs were near enough to fight. Just as the Mangs thought their enemies were in their power, a great shouting arose and two cohorts appeared, Zhang Ni from the left and Zhang Yi from the right, and attacked. The Mangs could not retreat, and as the force under Wang Ping and Guan Suo also turned upon them, the Mangs were surrounded and lost the day. Meng Huo and some of his generals fought their way out and made for the Brocade Mountains. The troops of Shu followed and forced them forward, and presently there appeared, in front, Zhao Zilong.

120 Meng Huo hastily changed his route to go deeper into the mountains, but Zhao Zilong's soldiers spread around, and the Mangs could not make a stand. Here many were captured. Meng Huo and a few horsemen got away into a valley, which, however, soon became too narrow for the horses to advance. Meng Huo then left his horse and crawled up the mountains, but very soon he fell upon Wei Yan, who had been sent with five hundred troops to lie in wait in that very valley. Meng Huo tried to struggle but soon was captured.

121 The King and his followers were taken to the main camp, where Zhuge Liang was waiting with wine and meat ready for the captives. But his tent was now guarded by soldiers all well armed with snow-glittering weapons, beside the lictors bearing the golden axes, a present from the Emperor, and other insignia of rank. The feather-hatted drummers and clarion players were in front and behind, and the Imperial Guards were extended on both sides. The whole was very imposing and awe-inspiring.

122 Zhuge Liang was seated at the top of it all and watched the captives as they came forward in crowds. When they were all assembled, he ordered their bonds to be loosed, and then he addressed them.

123 "You are all simple and well-disposed people who have been led into trouble by Meng Huo. I know your fathers and mothers, your brothers and wives, and your children are anxiously watching from the doorways for your return, and they are cut to dear suffering that the news of defeat and capture has reached their ears. They are weeping bitter tears for you. And so I will set you all free to go home and comfort them."

124 After they had been given food and wine and a present of grain, he sent them all away. They went off grateful for the kindness shown them, and they wept as they thanked Zhuge Liang.

125 Then the guards were told to bring the King before the tent. He came, bound, being hustled forward. He knelt in front of the Commander-in-Chief.

126 Zhuge Liang said, "Why did you rebel after the generous treatment you have received from our Emperor?"

127 "The two River Lands belonged to others, and your lord took it from them by force, and gave himself the title of Emperor. My people have lived here for ages, and you and your cohorts invaded my country without the least excuse. How can you talk of rebellion to me?"

128 "You are my prisoner. Will you submit or are you still contumacious?"

129 "Why should I submit? You happened to find me in a narrow place. That is all."

130 "If I release you, what then?"

131 "If you release me I shall return, and when I have set my army in order, I shall come to fight you again. However, if you catch me once more, I will submit."

132 The King's bonds were loosed. He was clothed and refreshed, given a horse and caparisons, and sent with a guide to his own camp.

133 Once more the captured chieftain is let go, 
To yield tribesmen are ever slow.

134 Further results of this war will be related in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,