삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 047-06 연환지계

操大喜回寨,請入帳中,置酒共飲,同說兵機。統高談雄辯,應答如流。操深敬服,慇懃相待。統佯醉曰:「敢問軍中有良醫否?」操問何用。統曰:「水軍多疾,須用良醫治之。」時操軍因不服水土,俱生嘔吐之疾,多有死者。操正慮此事,忽聞統言,如何不問?統曰:「丞相教練水軍之法甚妙,但可惜不全。」操再三請問。統曰:「某有一策,使大小水軍,並無疾病,安穩成功。」

操大喜,請問妙策。統曰:「大江之中,潮生潮落,風浪不息,北兵不慣乘舟,受此顛播,便生疾病。若以大船小船各皆配搭,或三十為一排,或五十為一排,首尾用鐵環連鎖,上鋪闊板,休言人可渡,馬亦可走矣。乘此而行,任他風浪潮水上下,復何懼哉?」曹操下席而謝曰:「非先生良謀,安能破東吳耶?」統曰:「愚淺之見,丞相自裁之。」操即時傳令,喚軍中鐵匠,連夜打造連環大釘,鎖住船隻。諸軍聞之,俱各喜悅。後人有詩曰:

赤壁鏖兵用火攻,運籌決策盡皆同。
若非龐統連環計,公瑾安能立大功?

龐統又謂操曰:「某觀江左豪傑,多有怨周瑜者。某憑三寸舌,為丞相說之,使皆來降,周瑜孤立無援,必為丞相所擒。瑜既破,則劉備無所用矣。」操曰:「先生果能成大功,操請奏聞天子,封為三公之列。」統曰:「某非為富貴,但欲救萬民耳。丞相渡江,慎勿殺害。」操曰:「吾替天行道,安忍殺戮人民?」統拜求榜文,以安宗族。操曰:「先生家屬,現居何處?」統曰:「只在江邊。若得此榜,可保全矣。」

操命寫榜僉押付統。統拜謝曰:「別後可速進兵,休待周郎知覺。」操然之。

統拜別,至江邊,正欲下船,忽見岸上一人,道袍竹冠,一把扯住統曰:「你好大膽!黃蓋用苦肉計,闞澤下詐降書,你又來獻連環計,只恐燒不盡絕!你們拿出這等毒手來,只好瞞曹操,也須瞞我不得!」嚇得龐統魂飛散。正是:

莫道東南能制勝,誰云西北獨無人

?畢竟此人是誰,且看下文分解。

114 Cao Cao 조조 was mightily pleased. They rode back to the chief tent and wine was brought. They discussed military matters, and Pang Tong held forth at length. Remarks and comments flowed freely between the two, and Cao Cao formed an exalted opinion of his new adherent's abilities and treated him with the greatest honor.

115 By and bye the guest seemed to have succumbed to the influence of many cups and said, "Have you any capable medical people in your army?"

116 "What are they for, Master?" said Cao Cao.

117 "There is a lot of illness among the marines, and you ought to find some remedy."

118 The fact was that at this time Cao Cao's men were suffering from the climate. Many were vomiting and not a few had died. It was a source of great anxiety to him, and when the newcomer suddenly mentioned it, of course he had to ask advice.

119 Pang Tong 방통 said, "Your marine force is excellent, but there is just one defect. It is not quite perfect."

120 Cao Cao pressed him to say where the imperfection lay.

121 "I have a plan to overcome the ailment of the soldiers so that no one shall be sick and all fit for service."

122 "What is this excellent scheme?" said Cao Cao.

123 "The river is wide, and the tides ebb and flow. The winds and waves are never at rest. Your troops from the north are unused to ships, and the motion makes them ill. If your ships, large and small, were classed and divided into thirties, or fifties, and joined up stem to stem by iron chains and boards spread across them, to say nothing of soldiers being able to pass from one to the next, even horses could move about on them. If this were done, then there would be no fear of the wind and the waves and the rising and falling tides."

124 Coming down from his seat, Cao Cao thanked his guest, saying, "I could never defeat the land of the south without this scheme of yours."

125 "That is only my idea," said Pang Tong. "It is for you to decide about it."

126 Orders were then issued to call up all the blacksmiths and set them to work, night and day, forging iron chains and great bolts to lock together the ships. And the soldiers rejoiced when they heard of the plan.

In the Red Cliffs' fight they used the flame, 
The weapon here will be the same. 
By Pang Tong's advice the ships were chained, 
Else Zhou Yu had not that battle gained.

128 Pang Tong further told Cao Cao, saying, "I know many bold people on the other side who hate Zhou Yu. If I may use my little tongue in your service, I can induce them to come over to you. If Zhou Yu be left alone, you can certainly take him captive. And Liu Bei is of no account."

129 "Certainly if you could render me so great a service, I would memorialize the Throne and obtain for you one of the highest offices," said Cao Cao.

130 "I am not doing this for the sake of wealth or honors, but from a desire to succor humankind. If you cross the river, I pray you be merciful."

131 "I am Heaven's means of doing right and could not bear to slay the people."

132 Pang Tong thanked him and begged for a document that would protect his own family.

133 Cao Cao asked, "Where do they live?"

134 "All are near the river bank."

135 And Cao Cao ordered a protection declaration to be prepared. Having sealed it, he gave it to Pang Tong.

136 Pang Tong said, "You should attack as soon as I have gone, but do not let Zhou Yu doubt anything."

137 Cao Cao promised secrecy, and the wily traitor took his leave. Just as he was about to embark, he met a man in a Daoist robe, with a bamboo comb in his hair, who stopped him.

138 The man said, "You are very bold. Huang Gai 황개 is planning to use the 'personal injury ruse', and Kan Ze 감택 has presented the letter of pretended desertion. You have proffered the fatal scheme of chaining the ships together lest the flames may not completely destroy them. This sort of mischievous work may have been enough to deceive Cao Cao, but I saw it all."

139 Pang Tong become helpless with fear---his viscera flown away, his spirit scattered.

By guileful means one may succeed, 
The victims too find friends in need.

141 The next chapter will tell who the stranger was.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,