삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 049-06 적벽대전

且說江東,天色向晚,周瑜喚出蔡和,令軍士縛倒,和叫:「無罪!」瑜曰:「汝是何等人,敢來詐降!吾今缺少福物祭旗,願借你首級。和抵賴不過,大叫曰:「汝家闞澤,甘寧,亦曾與謀!」瑜曰:「此乃吾之所使也。」蔡和悔之無及。瑜令捉至江邊皂纛旗下,奠酒燒紙,一刀斬了蔡和,用血祭旗畢,便令開船。黃蓋在第三隻火船上,獨披掩心甲,手提利刃,旗上大書「先鋒黃蓋」。蓋乘一天順風,望赤壁進發。

是時東風大作,波浪洶湧。操在中軍遙望隔江,看看月上照耀江水,如萬道金蛇,翻波戲浪。操迎風大笑,自以為得志。忽一軍指說:「江南隱隱一簇帆幔,使風而來。」操憑高望之,報稱:「皆插青龍牙旗。內中有大旗,上書先鋒黃蓋名字。」操笑曰:「公覆來降,此天助我也!」

來船漸近。程昱觀望良久,謂操曰:「來船必詐。且休教近寨。」操曰:「何以知之?」程昱曰:「糧在船中,船必穩重。今觀來船,輕而且浮;更兼今夜東南風甚緊;倘有詐謀,何以當之?」操省悟,便問:「誰去止之?」文聘曰:「某在水上頗熟,願請一往。」言畢,跳下小船,用手一指,十數隻巡船,隨文聘船出。聘立在船頭,大叫:「丞相鈞旨,南船且休近寨,就江心拋住。」眾軍齊喝:「快下了篷!」

言未絕,弓弦響處,文聘被箭射中左臂,倒在船中。船上大亂,各自奔回。南船距操寨止隔二里水面。黃蓋用刀一招,前船一齊發火。火趁風威,風助火勢,船如箭發,煙燄障天。二十隻火船,撞入水寨。曹寨中船隻一時盡著;又被鐵環銷住,無處逃避。隔江砲響,四下火船齊到,但見三江面上,火逐風飛,一派通紅,漫天徹地。

曹操回觀岸上營寨,幾處煙火。黃蓋跳在小船上,背後數人駕舟,冒煙突火,來尋曹操,操見勢急,方欲跳上岸,忽張遼駕一小腳船,扶操下得船時,那隻大船,已自著了。張遼與十數人保護曹操,飛奔岸口。黃蓋望見穿絳紅袍者下船,料是曹操,乃催船速進,手提利刃,高聲大叫:「曹賊休走!黃蓋在此!」操叫苦連聲。張遼拈弓搭箭,覷著黃蓋較近,一箭射去。此時風聲正大,黃蓋在火光中,那裏聽得弓弦響?正中肩窩,翻身落水。正是:火厄盛遭水厄,棒瘡愈後患金瘡。未知黃蓋性命如何,且看下文分解。

127 In the South Land, when evening fell, Zhou Yu 주유 sent for Cai He 채화 and bade the soldiers bind him.

128 The unhappy man protested, saying, "I have committed no crime!"

129 But Zhou Yu said, "What sort of a fellow are you, think you, to come and pretend to desert to my side? I need a small sacrifice for my flag, and your head will serve my purpose. So I am going to use it."

130 Cai He being at the end of his tether unable to deny the charge suddenly cried, "Two of your own side, Kan Ze 감택 and Gan Ning 감녕, are also in the plot!"

131 "Under my directions!" said Zhou Yu.

132 Cai He was exceedingly repentant and sad, but Zhou Yu bade them take Cai He to the river bank where the black standard had been set up and there, after the pouring of a libation and the burning of paper, Cai He was beheaded, his blood being a sacrifice to the flag.

133 This ceremony over, the ships started, and Huang Gai 황개 took his place on the third ship. He merely wore breast armor and carried a keen blade. On his flag were written four large characters Van Leader Huang Gai. With a fair wind his fleet sailed toward the Red Cliffs.

134 The wind was strong and the waves ran high. Cao Cao in the midst of the central squadron eagerly scanned the river which rolled down under the bright moon like a silver serpent writhing in innumerable folds. Letting the wind blow full in his face, Cao Cao laughed aloud for he was now to obtain his desire.

135 Then a soldier pointing to the river said, "The whole south is one mass of sails, and they are coming up on the wind."

136 Cao Cao went to a higher point and gazed at the sails intently, and his officers told him that the flags were black and dragon shaped, and indented, and among them there flew one very large banner on which was a name Huang Gai.

137 "That is my friend, the deserter!" said he joyfully. "Heaven is on my side today."

138 As the ships drew closer, Cheng Yu 정욱 said, "Those ships are treacherous. Do not let them approach the camp."

139 "How know you that?" asked Cao Cao.

140 And Cheng Yu replied, "If they were laden with grain, they would lie deep in the water. But these are light and float easily. The southeast wind is very strong, and if they intend treachery, how can we defend ourselves?"

141 Cao Cao began to understand. Then he asked who would go out to stop the approaching fleet, and Wen Ping 문빙 volunteered, saying, "I am well used to the waters."

142 Thereupon Wen Ping sprang into a small light craft and sailed out, followed by ten cruisers which came at his signal.

143 Standing in the prow of his ship, Wen Ping called out to those advancing toward them, "You southern ships are not to approach! Such are the orders of the Prime Minister. Stop there in mid stream!"

144 The soldiers all yelled to them to lower their sails. The shout had not died away when a bowstring twanged, and Wen Ping rolled down into the ship with an arrow in the left arm. Confusion reigned on his ship, and all the others hurried back to their camp.

145 When the ships were about a mile of distant, Huang Gai waved his sword and the leading ships broke forth into fire, which, under the force of the strong wind, soon gained strength and the ships became as fiery arrows. Soon the whole twenty dashed into the naval camp.

146 All Cao Cao's ships were gathered there, and as they were firmly chained together not one could escape from the others and flee. There was a roar of bombs and fireships came on from all sides at once. The face of the three rivers was speedily covered with fire which flew before the wind from one ship to another. It seemed as if the universe was filled with flame.

147 Cao Cao hastened toward the shore. Huang Gai, with a few troops at his back, leaped into a small boat, dashed through the fire, and sought Cao Cao. Cao Cao, seeing the imminence of the danger, was making for the land. Zhang Liao 장요 got hold of a small boat into which he helped his master; none too soon, for the ship was burning. They got Cao Cao out of the thick of the fire and dashed for the bank.

148 Huang Gai, seeing a handsomely robed person get into a small boat, guessed it must be Cao Cao and pursued.

149 He drew very near and he held his keen blade ready to strike, crying out, "You rebel! Do not flee. I am Huang Gai."

150 Cao Cao howled in the bitterness of his distress. Zhang Liao fitted an arrow to his bow and aimed at the pursuer, shooting at short range. The roaring of the gale and the flames kept Huang Gai from hearing the twang of the string, and he was wounded in the shoulder. He fell and rolled over into the water.

He fell in peril of water 
When flames were high; 
Ere cudgel bruises had faded, 
An arrow struck.

152 Huang Gai's fate will be told in the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,