삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 096-01 읍창마속

第九十六回 孔明揮淚斬馬謖  周魴斷發賺曹休

Shedding Tears, Zhuge Liang Puts Ma Su To Death;
Cutting Hair, Zhou Fang Beguiles Cao Xiu.

卻說獻計者,乃尚書孫資也。曹叡問曰:「卿有何妙計?」資奏曰:「昔太祖武皇帝收張魯時,危而後濟;嘗對群臣曰:『南鄭之地,真為天獄。』中斜谷道為五百里石穴,非用武之地。今欲盡起天下之兵伐蜀,則東吳又將入寇。不如以現在之兵,分命大將據守險要,養精蓄銳。不過數年,中國日盛,吳﹑蜀二國,必自相殘害,那時圖之,豈非勝算?乞陛下裁之。」叡乃問司馬懿曰:「此論若何?」懿奏曰:「孫尚書所言極當。」叡從之,命司馬懿分撥諸將守把險要,留郭准﹑張郃守長安,大賞三車,駕回洛陽。

卻說孔明回到漢中,計點軍士,只少趙雲、鄧芝,心中甚憂;乃令關興、張苞,各引一軍接應。二人正欲起身,忽報趙雲、鄧芝到來,並不曾折一人一騎;輜重等器,亦無遺失。孔明大喜,親引諸將出迎。趙雲慌忙下馬伏地曰:「敗軍之將,何勞丞相遠接?孔明急扶起,執手而言曰:「是吾不識賢愚,以致如此!各處兵將敗損,惟子龍不折一人一騎,何也?」鄧芝告曰:「某引兵先行,子龍獨自斷後,斬將立功,敵人驚怕;因此軍資什物,不曾遺失。」孔明曰:「真江軍也!」遂取金五十斤以贈趙雲;又取絹一萬疋賞雲部卒。雲辭曰:「三軍無尺寸之功,某等俱各有罪,若反受賞,乃丞相賞罰不明也。且請寄庫,候今冬賜與諸軍未遲。」孔明歎曰:「先帝在日,常稱子龍之德,今果如此!」乃倍加欽敬。

忽報馬謖、王平、魏延、高翔至,孔明先喚王平入帳責之曰:「吾令汝與馬謖同守街亭,汝何不諫之,致使失事?」平曰:「某再三相勸,要在當道築土城把守。參軍大怒不從,某因此自引五千兵離山十里下寨。魏兵驟至,把山四面圍合,某引兵衝殺十餘次,皆不能入。次日土崩瓦解,降者無數。某孤軍難立,故投魏文長求救。半途又被魏兵困在山谷之中,某奮死殺出。比及歸寨,已被魏兵占了。及投列柳城時,路逢高翔,遂分兵三路去劫魏寨,指望克復街亭。因見街亭並無伏路軍,以此心疑。登高望之,只見魏延、高翔被魏兵圍住,某即殺入重圍,救出二將,就同參軍併在一處。某恐失卻陽平關,因此急來回守。非某之不諫也。丞相不信,可問各部將校。」

孔明喝退,又喚馬謖入帳,謖自縛跪於帳前。孔明變色曰:「汝自幼飽讀兵書,熟諳戰法。吾累次叮嚀告戒街亭是吾根本,汝以全家之命,領此重任。汝若早聽王平之言,豈有此禍?今敗軍折將,失地陷城,皆汝之過也!若不明正軍律,何以服眾?汝今犯法,休得怨吾。汝死之後,汝之家小,吾按月給與祿米,汝不必挂心。」叱左右推出斬之。謖泣曰:「丞相視某如子,某以丞相為父。某之死罪,實已難逃,願丞相思舜帝殛鯀用禹之義,某雖死亦無恨於九泉!」言訖大哭。孔明揮淚曰:「吾與汝義同兄弟,汝之子即吾之子也,不必多囑。」

1 The proposer of the great plan that was to conquer the empire was the Chair of the Secretariat, named Sun Zu.

2 "Noble Sir, expound your excellent scheme," said the Ruler of Wei.

3 And Sun Zu said, "When your great progenitor, Emperor Cao, first got Zhang Lu, he was at a critical stage in his career, but thenceforward all went well. He used to say the land of Nanzheng is really a natural hell. In the Xie Valley there are one hundred fifty miles of rocks and caves, so that it is an impossible country for an army. If Wei be denuded of soldiers in order to conquer Shu, then for sure we shall be invaded by Wu on the east. My advice is to divide the army among the various generals and appoint each a place of strategic value to hold, and let them train their forces. In a few years the Middle Land will be prosperous and wealthy, while the other two Shu and Wu, will have been reduced by mutual quarrels and will fall an easy prey. I hope Your Majesty will consider whether this is not a superior plan."

4 "What does the General think?" said Cao Rui to Sima Yi.

5 He replied, "Chairman Sun Zu says well."

6 So Cao Rui bade Sima Yi draw up a scheme of defense and station the soldiers, leaving Guo Huai and Zhang He to guard Changan. And having rewarded the army, the Ruler of Wei returned to Luoyang.

7 When Zhuge Liang got back to Hanzhong and missed Zhao Zilong and Deng Zhi, the only two generals who had not arrived, he was sad at heart and bade Guan Xing and Zhang Bao go back to afford them assistance. However, before the reinforcing parties could leave, the missing men arrived. Furthermore, they came with their army in excellent condition and not a man short, nor a horse nor any of their equipment.

8 As they drew near, Zhuge Liang went out of the city to welcome them.

9 Thereupon Zhao Zilong hastily dismounted and bowed to the earth, saying, "The Prime Minister should not have come forth to welcome a defeated general."

10 But Zhuge Liang lifted him up and took his hand and said, "Mine was the fault. Mine were the ignorance and unwisdom that caused all this. But how is it that amid all the defeat and loss you have come through unscathed?"

11 And Deng Zhi replied, "It was because friend Zhao Zilong sent me ahead, while he guarded the rear and warded off every attack. One leader he slew, and this frightened the others. Thus nothing was lost or left by the way."

12 "A really great general!" said Zhuge Liang.

13 He sent Zhao Zilong a gift of fifty ounces of gold, and to his army ten thousand rolls of silk.

14 But these were returned as Zhao Zilong said, "All armies have accomplished nothing, and that is also our fault. The rules for reward and punishment must be strictly kept. I pray that these things be kept in store till the winter, when they can be distributed among the army."

15 "When the First Ruler lived, he never tired of extolling Zhao Zilong's virtues. The First Ruler was perfectly right," said Zhuge Liang.

16 And his respect for the veteran was doubled.

17 Then came the turn of the four unfortunate leaders Ma Su, Wang Ping, Wei Yan, and Gao Xiang to render account. Wang Ping was called to the Commander-in-Chief's tent and rebuked.

18 "I ordered you and Ma Su to guard Jieting. Why did you not remonstrate with him and prevent this great loss?"

19 "I did remonstrate many times. I wished to build a rampart down in the road and construct a solid camp, but the Counselor would not agree and showed ill temper. So I led five thousand troops and camped some three miles off. When the army of Wei came in crowds and surrounded my colleague, I led my army to attack them a score of times. But I could not penetrate, and the catastrophe came quickly. Many of our troops surrendered, and mine were too few to stand. Wherefore I went to friend Wei Yan for help. Then we were intercepted and imprisoned in a valley and only got out by fighting most desperately. We got back to my camp to find the enemy in possession, and so we set out for Liliu. On the road I met Gao Xiang, and we three tried to raid the enemy's camp, hoping to recover Jieting. But as there was no one soldier there, I grew suspicious. From a hill I saw Wei Yan and Gao Xiang had been hemmed in by the soldiers of Wei, so I went to rescue them. Thence we hastened to Yangping Pass to try to prevent that from falling. It was not that I failed to remonstrate. And you, O Prime Minister, can get confirmation of my words from any of the officers."

20 Zhuge Liang bade him retire, and sent for Ma Su. He came, bound himself, and threw himself on the earth at the tent door.

21 Zhuge Liang got angry, saying, "You have filled yourself with the study of the books on war ever since you were a boy. You know them thoroughly. I enjoined upon you that Jieting was most important, and you pledged yourself and all your family to do your best in the enterprise. Yet you would not listen to Wang Ping, and thus you caused this misfortune. The army is defeated, generals have been slain and cities and territory lost, all through you. If I do not make you an example and vindicate the law, how shall I maintain a proper state of discipline? You have offended, and you must pay the penalty. After your death the little ones of your family shall be my care, and I will see that they get a monthly allowance. Do not let their fate cause you anxiety."

22 Zhuge Liang told the executioners to take Ma Su away.

23 Ma Su wept bitterly, saying, "Pity me, O Prime Minister! You have looked upon me as a son; I have looked up to you as a father. I know my fault is worthy of death, but I pray you remember how King Shun employed Yu, after executing Yu's father. Though I die, I will harbor no resentment down in the depths of the Nine Golden Springs."

24 Zhuge Liang brushed aside his tears and said, "We have been as brothers, and your children shall be as my own. I know what to do."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,