삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 036-03 떠나는 서서

卻說曹仁與李典回許都,見曹操,泣拜於地請罪,具言損將折兵之事。操曰:「勝負乃兵家之常。但不知誰為劉備畫策?」曹仁言是單福之計。操曰:「單福何人也?」程昱笑曰:「此非單福也。此人幼好學擊劍。中平末年,嘗為人報讎殺人,披髮塗面而走,為吏所獲。問其姓名不答,吏乃縳於車上,擊鼓行於市,令市人識之,雖有識者不敢言。而同伴竊解救之,乃更姓名而逃,折節向學,遍訪名師。嘗與司馬徽談論。此人乃潁川徐庶,字元直。單福乃其託名耳。」操曰:「徐庶之才,比君何如?」昱曰:「十倍於昱。」操曰:「惜乎賢士歸於劉備!羽翼成矣,奈何?」昱曰:「徐庶雖在彼,丞相要用,召來不難。」操曰:「安得彼來歸?」昱曰:「徐庶為人至孝。幼喪其父,止有老母在堂。現今其弟徐康已亡,老母無人侍養。丞相可使人賺其母至許昌,令作書召其子,則徐庶必至矣。」

操大喜,使人星夜前去取徐庶母。不一日取至。操厚待之,因謂之曰:「聞令嗣徐元直,乃天下奇才也。今在新野,助逆臣劉備,背叛朝廷,正猶美玉落於汙泥之中,誠為可惜。今煩老母作書,喚回許都,吾於天子之前保奏,必有重賞。」

遂命左右捧過文房四寶,令徐母作書。徐母曰:「劉備何如人也?」操曰:「沛郡小輩,妄稱皇叔,全無信義,所謂外君子而內小人者也。」徐母厲聲曰:「汝何虛誑之甚也!吾久聞玄德乃中山靖王之後,孝景皇帝閣下玄孫,屈身下士,恭己待人,仁聲素著。世之黃童、白叟、牧子、樵夫皆知其名。真當世之英雄也。吾兒輔之,得其主矣。汝雖託名漢相,實為漢賊,乃反以玄德為逆臣,欲使吾兒背明投暗,豈不自恥乎!」

言訖,取石硯便打曹操。操大怒,叱武士執徐母出,將斬之。程昱急止之。入諫操曰:「徐母觸忤丞相者,欲求死也。丞相若殺之,則招不義之名,而成徐母之德。徐母既死,徐庶必死心助劉備以報讎矣;不如留之,使徐庶身心兩處,縱使助劉備,亦不盡力也。且留得徐母在,昱自有計賺徐庶至此,以輔丞相。」

39 In the meantime Cao Cao's defeated generals had gone back. When they saw the Prime Minister, Cao Ren threw himself on the ground weeping and acknowledging his faults. He told the tale of his losses.

40 "The fortune of war," said Cao Cao. "But I should like to know who laid Liu Bei's plans."

41 "That was Shan Fu," said Cao Ren.

42 "Who is he?" asked Cao Cao.

43 Cheng Yu 정욱 said, "The man is not Shan Fu 단복. When young this man was fond of fencing and used to take up the quarrels of other people and avenge their wrongs. At the end of Emperor Ling, he killed a man to avenge his friend, and then he let down his hair, muddled his face, and was trying to escape when a lictor caught him and questioned him. He would not reply. So they carted him through the streets beating a drum and asking if anyone recognized him. Nobody dared own to knowing him, even if they did so. However, his comrades managed to release him secretly, and he ran away under some other name. Then he turned to study and wandered hither and thither wherever scholars were to be found. He was a regular disputant with Sima Hui 수경선생 사마휘. His real name is Xu Shu 서서 and he comes from Yingchuan 영천. Shan Fu is merely an assumed name."

44 "How does he compare with yourself?" asked Cao Cao.

45 "Ten times cleverer."

46 "It is a pity. If able people gather to Liu Bei, his wings will soon grow. What is to be done?"

47 "Xu Shu is there now. But if you wanted him, it would not be difficult to call him," replied Cheng Yu.

48 "How could I make him come?" said Cao Cao.

49 "He is noted for his affection for his mother. His father died young, leaving his mother a widow with one other son 서강. Now that son is dead, and his mother, Lady Xun, has no one to care for her. If you sent and got his mother here and told her to write and summon her son, he would surely come."

50 Cao Cao sent without loss of time and had the old lady brought to the capital, where he treated her exceedingly well.

51 Presently he said, "I hear you have a very talented son, who is now at Xinye helping on that rebel Liu Bei against the government. There he is like a jewel in a muck heap: It is a pity. Supposing you were to call him, I could speak of him before the Emperor, and he might get an important office."

52 Cao Cao bade his secretaries bring along paper and ink, with which Lady Xun could write to her son.

53 "What sort of a man is Liu Bei?" asked she.

54 Cao Cao replied, "A common sort of person from Zhuo 탁군, irresponsible enough to style himself Imperial Uncle, and so claiming some sort of connection with the Hans. He is neither trustworthy nor virtuous. People say he is a superior man as far as externals go, but a mean man by nature."

55 Lady Xun answered in a hard voice, "Why do you malign him so bitterly? Everyone knows he is a descendant of one of the Han princes 중산정왕 and so related to the House. He has condescended to take a lowly office and is respectful to all people. He has a reputation for benevolence. Everyone, young and old, cowherds and firewood cutters, all know him by name and know that he is the finest and noblest man in the world. If my son is in his service, then has he found a fitting master. You, under the name of a Han minister, are really nothing but a Han rebel. Contrary to all truths, you tell me Liu Bei is a rebel, whereby you try to induce me to make my son leave the light for darkness. Are you devoid of all sense of shame?"

56 As Lady Xun finished speaking, she picked up the inkstone to strike Cao Cao. This so enraged him that he forgot himself and the need for caution and bade the executioners lead off the old woman and put her to death.

57 Adviser Cheng Yu, however, stopped this act, saying, "This old lady wished to die. But if you kill her, your reputation will be damaged and hers enhanced. Beside that will add a keen desire for revenge to the motives which led Xu Shu to labor in the interest of Liu Bei. You had better keep her here so that Xu Shu's body and his thoughts may be in different places. He can not devote all his energies to helping our enemy while his mother is here. If you keep her, I think I can persuade the son to come and help you."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,