삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 046-03 고육지계

當夜五更時候,船已近曹操水寨。孔明教把船隻頭西尾東,一帶擺開,就船上擂鼓吶喊。魯肅驚曰:「倘曹兵齊出,如之奈何?」孔明笑曰:「吾料曹操於重霧中必不敢出。吾等只顧酌酒取樂,待霧散便回。」

卻說曹操寨中,聽得擂鼓吶喊,毛玠,于禁,二人慌忙飛報曹操。操傳令曰:「重霧迷江,彼軍忽至,必有埋伏,切不可輕動。可撥水軍弓弩手亂射之。」又差人往旱寨內喚張遼,徐晃,各帶弓弩軍三千,火速到江邊助射。比及號令到來,毛玠,于禁,怕南軍搶入水寨,已差弓弩手在寨前放箭。

少頃,旱寨內弓弩手亦到,約一萬餘人,盡皆向江中放箭:箭如雨發。孔明教把船掉轉,頭東尾西,逼近水寨受箭,一面擂鼓吶喊。待至日高霧散,孔明令收船急回。二十隻船兩邊束草上,排滿箭枝。孔明令各船上軍士齊聲叫曰:「謝丞相箭!」比及曹軍寨內報知曹操時,這裏船輕水急,已放回二十餘里,追之不及,曹操懊悔不已。

卻說孔明回船謂魯肅曰:「每船上箭約五六千矣。不費江東半分之力,已得十萬餘箭。明日即將來射曹軍,卻不甚便?」肅曰:「先生真神人也!何以知今日如此大霧?」孔明曰:「為將而不通天文,不識地利,不知奇門,不曉陰陽,不看陣圖,不明兵勢,是庸才也。亮於三日前已算定今日有大霧,因此敢任三日之限。公瑾教我十日完辦,工匠料物,都不應手,將這一件風流罪過,明白要殺我;我命繫於天,公瑾焉能害我哉!」

魯肅拜服。船到岸時,周瑜已差五百軍在江邊等候搬箭。孔明教於船上取之,可得十餘萬枝。都搬入中軍帳交納。魯肅入見周瑜,備說孔明取箭之事。瑜大驚,慨然歎曰:「孔明神機妙算,吾不如也!」後人有詩讚曰:

一天濃霧滿長江,遠近難分水渺茫。
驟雨飛蝗來戰艦,孔明今日服周郎。

少頃,孔明入寨見周瑜。瑜下帳迎之,稱羨曰:「先生神算,使人敬服。」孔明曰:「詭譎小計,何足為奇?」瑜邀孔明入帳共飲。瑜曰:「昨吾主遣使來催督進軍,瑜未有奇計,願先生教我。」孔明曰:「亮乃碌碌庸才,安有妙計?」瑜曰:「某昨觀曹操水寨,極其嚴整有法,非等閒可攻。思得一計,不知可否,先生幸為我一決之。」孔明曰:「都督且休言。各自寫於手內,看同也不同。」

瑜大喜,教取筆硯來,先自暗寫了,卻送與孔明。孔明亦暗寫了,兩個移近坐榻,各出掌中之字,互相觀看,皆大笑。原來周瑜掌中字,乃一『火』字,孔明掌中,亦一『火』字。瑜曰:「既我兩人所見相同,更無疑矣。幸勿漏泄。」孔明曰:「兩家公事,豈有漏泄之理?吾料曹操雖兩番經我這條計,然必不為備。今都督儘行之可也。」飲罷分散,諸將皆不知其事。

49 The little fleet reached Cao Cao's naval camp about the fifth watch, and Zhuge Liang gave orders to form line lying prows west, and then to beat the drums and shout.

50 "But what shall we do if they attack us?" exclaimed Lu Su.

51 Zhuge Liang replied with a smile, "I think their fleet will not venture out in this fog. Go on with your wine, and let us be happy. We will go back when the fog lifts."

52 As soon as the shouting from the river was heard by those in the camp, the two admirals, Mao Jie 모개 and Yu Jin 우금, ran off to report to Cao Cao, who said, "Coming up in a fog like this means that they have prepared an ambush for us. Do not go out, but get all the force together and shoot at them."

53 He also sent orders to the ground camps to dispatch six thousand of archers and crossbowmen to aid the marines.

54 The naval forces were then lined up shooting on the bank to prevent a landing. Presently the soldiers arrived, and ten thousand and more soldiers were shooting down into the river, where the arrows fell like rain. By and bye Zhuge Liang ordered the boats to turn round so that their prows pointed east and to go closer in so that many arrows might hit them.

55 Zhuge Liang ordered the drums to be kept beating till the sun was high and the fog began to disperse, when the boats got under way and sailed down stream. The whole twenty boats were bristling with arrows on both sides.

56 As they left, Zhuge Liang asked all the crews to shout derisively, "We thank you, Sir Prime Minister, for the arrows!"

57 They told Cao Cao, but by the time he came, the light boats helped by the swift current were seven miles long down the river and pursuit was impossible. Cao Cao saw that he had been duped and was very sorry, but there was no help for it.

58 On the way down Zhuge Liang said to his companion, "Every boat must have five or six thousand arrows and so, without the expenditure of an ounce of energy, we must have more than ten myriad arrows, which tomorrow can be shot back again at Cao Cao's army to his great inconvenience."

59 "You are really superhuman," said Lu Su. "But how did you know there would be a thick fog today?"

60 "One cannot be a leader without knowing the workings of heaven and the ways of earth. One must understand the secret gates and the interdependence of the elements, the mysteries of tactics and the value of forces. It is but an ordinary talent. I calculated three days ago that there would be a fog today, and so I set the limit at three days. Zhou Yu would give me ten days, but neither artificers nor materials, so that he might find occasion to put me to death as I knew. But my fate lies with the Supreme, and how could Zhou Yu harm me?"

61 Lu Su could not but agree. When the boats arrived, five hundred soldiers were in readiness on the bank to carry away the arrows. Zhuge Liang bade them go on board the boats, collect them and bear them to the tent of the Commander-in-Chief. Lu Su went to report that the arrows had been obtained and told Zhou Yu by what means.

62 Zhou Yu was amazed and sighed sadly, saying, "He is better than I. His methods are more than human."

Thick lies the fog on the river, 
Nature is shrouded in white, 
Distant and near are confounded, 
Banks are no longer in sight. 
Fast fly the pattering arrows, 
Stick in the boats of the fleet. 
Now can full tale be delivered, 
Zhuge Liang is victor complete.

64 When, shortly after his return, Zhuge Liang went to the tent of the Commander-in-Chief, he was welcomed by Zhou Yu, who came forward to greet him, saying, "Your superhuman predictions compel one's esteem."

65 "There is nothing remarkable in that trifling trick," replied he.

66 Zhou Yu led him within and wine was brought.

67 Then Zhou Yu said, "My lord sent yesterday to urge me to advance, but I have no master plan ready. I wish you would assist me, Master."

68 "But where should I, a man of poor everyday ability, find such a plan as you desire?"

69 "I saw the enemy's naval camp just lately, and it looked very complete and well organized. It is not an ordinary place to attack. I have thought of a plan, but I am not sure it will answer. I should be happy if you would decide for me."

70 "General," replied Zhuge Liang, "do not say what your plan is, but each of us will write in the palm of his hand and see whether our opinions agree."

71 So brush and ink were sent for, and Zhou Yu first wrote on his own palm, and then passed the pen to Zhuge Liang who also wrote. Then getting close together on the same bench, each showed his hand to the other, and both burst out laughing, for both had written the same word, "Fire."

72 "Since we are of the same opinion," said Zhou Yu, "there is no longer any doubt. But our intentions must be kept secret."

73 "Both of us are public servants, and what would be the sense of telling our plans? I do not think Cao Cao will be on his guard against this, although he has had two experiences. You may put your scheme into force."

74 They finished their wine and separated. Not an officer knew a word of their plans.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,