삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 062-03 부수관

卻說劉璋聞玄德殺了楊,高二將,襲了涪水關,大驚曰:「不料今日果有此事!」遂聚文武,問退兵之策。黃權曰:「可連夜遣兵屯雒城,塞住咽喉之路。劉備雖有精兵猛將,不能過也。」璋遂令劉瑰,冷苞,張任,鄧賢,點五萬大軍,星夜往守雒城,以拒劉備。

四將行兵之次,劉瑰曰:「吾聞錦屏山中有一異人,道號紫虛上人,知人生死貴賤。吾輩今日行軍,正從錦屏山過。何不試往問之?」張任曰:「大丈夫行兵拒敵,豈可問於山野之人乎?」瑰曰:「不然。聖人云:『至誠之道,可以前知。」吾等問於高明之人,當趨吉避凶。」

於是四人引五六十騎至山下,問徑樵夫。樵夫指高山絕頂上,便是上人所居。四人上山至庵前,見一道童出迎。問了姓名,引入庵中。只見紫虛上人,坐於蒲墩之上。四人下拜,求問前程之事。紫虛上人曰:「貧道乃山野廢人,豈知休咎?」劉瑰再三拜問。紫虛遂命道童取紙筆,寫下八句言語,付與劉瑰。其文曰:「左龍右鳳,飛入西川。雛鳳墜地,臥龍升天。一得一失,天數當然。見機而作,勿喪九泉。」

劉瑰又問曰:「我四人氣數如何?」紫虛上人曰:「定數難逃,何必再問?」瑰又請問時,上人眉垂目合,恰似睡著的一般,並不答應。四人下山。劉瑰曰:「仙人之言,不可不信。」張任曰:「此狂叟也,聽之何益?」遂上馬前行。既至雒城分調人馬,把守各處隘口。劉瑰曰:「雒城乃成都保障,失此則成都難保。吾四人公議,著二人守城,二人去雒城前面,依山傍險,紮下兩個寨子,勿使敵兵臨城。」冷苞,鄧賢曰:「某願往結寨。」劉瑰大喜,分兵二萬,與冷,鄧二人,離城六十里下寨。劉瑰,張任,守護雒城。

卻說玄德既得涪水關,與龐統商議進取雒城。人報劉璋撥四將前來,即日冷苞,鄧賢領二萬軍離城六十里,紮下兩個大寨。玄德聚眾問曰:「誰敢建頭功,去取二將寨柵?」老將黃忠應聲出曰:「老夫願往。」玄德曰:「老將軍率本部人馬,前至雒城,如取得冷苞,鄧賢營寨,必當重賞。」

黃忠大喜,即領本部兵馬,謝了要行。忽帳下一人出曰:「老將軍年紀高大,如何去得?小將不才願往。」玄德視之,乃是魏延。黃忠曰:「我已領下將令,你如何敢攙越?」魏延曰:「老將不以筋骨為能。吾聞冷苞,鄧賢,乃蜀中名將,血氣方剛。恐老將軍擒他不得,豈不誤了主公大事?因此願相替,本是好意。」黃忠大怒曰:「汝說吾老,敢與我比試武藝麼?」魏延曰:「就主公之前,當面比試。贏得的便去,何如?」

黃忠遂趨步下階,便叫小校將刀來。玄德急止之曰:「不可。吾今提兵取川,全仗汝二人之力。今兩虎相鬥,必有一傷。須誤了我大事。吾與你二人勸解,休得爭論。」龐統曰:「汝二人不必相爭。即今冷苞,鄧賢,下了兩個營寨。今汝二人自領本部軍馬,各打一寨。如先奪得者便為頭功。」於是分定黃忠打冷苞寨,魏延打鄧賢寨。二人各領命去了。龐統曰:「此二人去,恐於路中相爭。主公可自引軍為後應。」玄德留龐統守城,自與劉封,關平,引五千軍隨後進發。

69 When Imperial Protector Liu Zhang heard of the doings of his relative and guest, he said, "I did not think that such things would come to pass."

70 The officers of Yizhou met to consider how to oppose the further advance of Liu Bei.

71 Huang Quan said, "Let us send without delay a force to hold Luocheng, which is the very throat of the road he must take. He may have veteran soldiers and fiery generals, but he will not be able to pass."

72 So the four ablest generals---Deng Xiang, Ling Bao, Liu Gui, and Zhang Ren---were told off for this duty, and they led fifty thousand troops.

73 As they marched, Liu Gui said, "In the Silky Hills there is a wonderful Daoist who calls himself 'The Super Human of the Dark Void.' He has the gift of second sight, so let us visit him as we pass and inquire what our fortunes are to be."

74 "What should one seek of a hermit when one is out to repulse an enemy?" said his colleague, Zhang Ren, contemptuously.

75 "Your view is wrong," said Liu Gui. "The Holy One (Confucius) has said that it is characteristic of the most entire sincerity to be able to foreknow. So let us inquire of this man of high intelligence that we may know what to do and what to avoid."

76 Whereupon they went up into the hills and sought the hermit's retreat. They were a small party, on horseback. Meeting a wood-cutter, they inquired the whereabouts of the dwelling of the wise man, and he pointed to one of the highest hills, saying that the Sage lived on the very summit. They climbed up to the spot he had told them of and found a small hut. At their summons, a lad in Daoist garb came out to speak with them. He asked their names and led them into the presence of the Super Human, who received them seated on a rush cushion. They made a low obeisance, told him the reason of their coming, and asked of the future.

77 "How can a poor Daoist recluse know ought of fortunes, good or evil?" said he.

78 However, after a time, as Liu Gui repeated his request again and again and comported himself most humbly, the hermit bade the lad bring paper and ink and he wrote eight lines, which he handed to his questioner.

79 "Supported by dragon and phoenix, 
So flies he westward. 
But the phoenix shall fall to the earth. 
And the dragon shall soar to the sky; 
There shall be successes and failures, 
For such is the eternal law. 
See that ye act when occasion offers, 
Lest ye descend to the Nine Golden Springs."

80 Having read the oracle, they pressed the seer to reveal them their individual fortunes, but he replied, "Why ask these things? None can escape his fate."

81 Liu Gui ventured to question the Sage further, but his eyelids dropped as if he slumbered. Nor would he vouchsafe a word more, and the four generals took leave and descended the hill.

82 "One must have faith in such as he says," said Liu Gui.

83 "What is to be gained by listening to the sayings of a daft old man?" replied Zhang Ren.

84 So they continued their road to Luocheng.

85 When they arrived, Liu Gui said, "Luocheng is the throat of the road to Chengdu. We must create a pincers defense for the city. Two of us are to guard the ramparts while the other two are to station themselves in front of the city, where is a point of vantage sheltered by some hills."

86 Thus Deng Xiang and Ling Bao wanted to build the ramparts outside the city. Twenty thousand troops were told off. The two generals went to establish two camps in two stockades twenty miles away, hoping to be able to keep the foe away from the city.

87 The River Fu Pass being captured, Liu Bei took counsel with his adviser as to the next point to be attempted. This was Luocheng.

88 The scouts reported: "Liu Zhang has sent four generals to the defense of that city, and two camps has been established twenty miles away to form an ox horn."

89 Then Liu Bei assembled his officers and asked who would go to attack the camps. The veteran Huang Zhong offered himself.

90 "Veteran General, take your own troops and go," said Liu Bei. "A goodly reward shall be yours if you capture the two camps."

91 Huang Zhong thanked his lord and was just leading away his troops when suddenly up spoke a youthful leader, saying, "The General is too old to go on such an expedition. I am of poor ability, but I wish to take his place."

92 The speaker was Wei Yan.

93 Huang Zhong replied, "I already have my commission. Why should you wish to supplant me?"

94 "Because the task is beyond an old man's strength," said Wei Yan. "The two generals in those camps we know are the best and boldest in the country. They are strong, and, veteran as you are, I fear you will be unable to overcome them. If you fail, our lord's great design will be hindered. Therefore I ask that I may replace you, and my intent is kindly."

95 This reminder of his age angered the old man.

96 "Old, am I? Dare you compete with me in the use of warlike weapons?" said Huang Zhong.

97 "Yes, I dare. And our lord shall be the judge. The winner shall undertake this expedition. Do you agree?"

98 Huang Zhong ran down the steps and called to his soldiers to bring his sword.

99 But Liu Bei would stop this contest and said, "I have need of both of you in the task that lies before me. When two tigers fight, one is sure to lose; and the loss of either of you is more than I could bear. Be reconciled and quarrel no more."

100 "You two must not quarrel," said Pang Tong. "But as there are two camps to be taken and two generals to fight, take one each and let each lead his own troops. The first to capture his camp shall be held to have rendered the greater service and to have acquired the greater merit."

101 This decision pacified them, and it was settled that Huang Zhong, the veteran, should go against Ling Bao, and Wei Yan, the younger leader, should attack Deng Xiang.

102 But after they had marched away, Pang Tong recommended, "You, my lord, should follow them lest they should quarrel on the way."

103 So leaving the city of Fucheng in care of his adviser, Liu Bei also marched, taking with him Liu Feng, his adopted son, and Guan Ping, his nephew by adoption. They took five thousand troops.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,