삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 023-14 재사 예형과 의인 길평

28.須臾,二十獄卒推吉平至階下。吉平大罵:「曹操逆賊!」操指謂承曰:「此人曾攀下王子服等四人,吾已拏下廷尉。尚有一人,未曾捉獲。」因問平曰:「誰使汝來藥我?可速招出!」平曰:「天使我來殺逆賊!」操怒教打。身上無容刑之處。承在座觀之,心如刀割。操又問平曰:「你原有十指,今如何只有九指?」平曰:「嚼以為誓,誓殺國賊!」操教取刀來,就階下截去其九指,曰:「一發截了,教你為誓!」平曰:「尚有口可以吞賊,有舌可以罵賊!」操令割其舌。平曰:「且勿動手。吾今刑不過,只得供招。可釋吾縛。」操曰:「釋之何礙?」遂命解其縛。平起身望闕拜曰:「臣不能為國家除賊?乃天數也!」拜畢,撞階而死。操令分其肢體號令。時建安五年正月也。史官有詩曰:

29. 漢朝無起色,
醫國有稱平。
立誓除姦黨,
捐軀報聖明。

極刑詞愈烈,
慘死氣如生。
十指淋漓處,
千秋仰異名。

[三國誌詩023-p02]

30.操見吉平已死,教左右牽過秦慶童至面前。操曰:「國舅認得此人否?」承大怒曰:「逃奴在此!即當誅之!」操曰:「他首告謀反,今來對證,誰敢誅之?」承曰:「丞相何故聽逃奴一面之說?」操曰:「王子服等吾已擒下,皆招證明白,汝尚抵賴乎?」即喚左右拏下,命從人直入董承臥房內,搜出衣帶詔并義狀。操看了,笑曰:「鼠輩安敢如此!」遂命:「將董承全家良賤,盡皆監禁,休教走脫一個。」操回府以詔狀示眾謀士商議,要廢獻帝,更立新君。正是:

數行丹詔成虛望,
一紙盟書惹禍殃。

[三國誌詩023-p03]

未知獻帝性命如何,且看下文分解。

Dong Cheng was much put about and knew not what to do. Soon the gaolers led in the physician to the steps of the hall. At once the bound man began to rail at Cao Cao as rebel and traitor.

"This man," said Cao Cao, pointing to Ji Ping, "has implicated Wang Zifu and three others, all of whom are now under arrest. There is one more whom I have not caught yet."

"Who sent you to poison me?" continued Cao Cao, turning toward the physician. "Quick, tell me!"

"Heaven sent me to slay a traitor!"

Cao Cao angrily ordered them to beat Ji Ping again, but there was no part of his body that could be beaten. Dong Cheng sat looking at him, his heart feeling as if transfixed with a dagger.

"You were born with ten fingers. How is it you have now only nine?"

Ji Ping replied, "I bit off one as a pledge when I swore to slay a traitor."

Cao Cao told them to bring a knife, and they lopped off his other nine fingers.

"Now they are all off. That will teach you to make pledges."

"Still I have a mouth that can swallow a traitor and a tongue that can curse him," said Ji Ping.

Cao Cao told them to cut out his tongue.

Ji Ping said, "Do not. I cannot endure any more punishment, I shall have to speak out. Loosen my bonds."

"Loose them. There is no reason why not," said Cao Cao.

They loosed him. As soon as he was free, Ji Ping stood up, turned his face toward the Emperor's palace and bowed, saying, "It is Heaven's will that thy servant has been unable to remove the evil."

Then he turned and smashed his head into the steps and died.

His body was quartered and exposed. This happened in the first month of the fifth year of Rebuilt Tranquillity (AD 200), and a certain historian wrote a poem:

There lived in Han a simple physician. 
No warrior, yet brave 
Enough to risk his very life 
His Emperor to save. 
Alas! He failed; but lasting fame 
Is his; he feared not death; 
He cursed the traitorous Prime Minister 
Unto his latest breath.

Seeing his victim had passed beyond the realm of punishment, Cao Cao had Quin Quington led in.

"Do you know this man, Uncle?"

"Yes," cried Dong Cheng. "So the runaway servant is here. He ought to be put to death!"

"He just told me of your treachery. He is my witness," said Cao Cao. "Who would dare kill him?"

"How can you, the First Minister of State, heed the unsupported tale of an absconding servant?"

"But I have Wang Zifu and the others in prison," said Cao Cao. "And how can you rebut their evidence?"

He then called in the remainder of his followers and ordered them to search Dong Cheng's bedroom. They did so and found the decree that had been given him in the girdle and the pledge signed by the conspirators.

"You mean rat!" cried Cao Cao. "You dared do this?"

He gave orders to arrest the whole household without exception. Then he returned to his palace with the incriminating documents and called all his advisers together to discuss the dethronement of the Emperor and the setting up of a successor.

Many decrees, blood written, have issued, accomplishing nothing, 
One inscribed pledge was fraught with mountains of sorrow.

The reader who wishes to how the fate of the Emperor must read the next chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,