삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 059-02 용호상박

言未絕,許褚拍馬舞刀而出。馬超挺鎗接戰。鬥了一百餘合,勝負不分。馬匹睏乏,各回軍中,換了馬匹,又出陣前。又鬥一百餘合,不分勝負。許褚性起,飛回陣中,卸了盔甲,渾身筋突,赤體提刀,翻身上馬,來與馬超決戰。兩軍大駭。兩個又鬥到三十餘合,褚奮威舉刀,便砍馬超。超閃過,一鎗望褚心窩刺來。褚棄刀將鎗挾住。兩個在馬上奪鎗。許褚力大,一聲響,拗斷鎗桿,各拿半節在馬上亂打。操恐褚有失,遂令夏侯淵,曹洪,兩將齊出夾攻。龐德,馬岱,見操將齊出,麾兩翼鐵騎,橫衝直撞,溷殺將來。操兵大亂。許褚臂中兩箭。諸將慌退入寨,馬超直殺到河邊,操兵折傷大半。操令堅閉休出。馬超回至渭口,謂韓遂曰:「吾見惡戰者莫如許褚,真虎痴也!」

卻說曹操料馬超可以計破,乃密令徐晃,朱靈盡渡河西結營,前後夾攻。一日,操於城上見馬超引數百騎,直臨寨前,往來如飛。操觀良久,擲兜鍪於地曰:「馬兒不死,吾無葬地矣!」

夏侯淵聽了,心中氣忿,厲聲曰:「吾寧死於此地,誓滅馬賊!」遂引本部千餘人,大開寨門,直趕去。操急止不住,恐其有失,慌自上馬前來接應。馬超見曹兵至,乃將前軍作後隊,後隊作先鋒,一字兒排開。夏侯淵到,馬超接住廝殺。超於亂軍中遙見曹操,就撇了夏侯淵,直取曹操。操大驚,撥馬而走。曹兵大亂。

正追之際,忽報操有一軍,已在河西下了營寨。超大驚,無心追趕,急收軍回寨,與韓遂商議,言:「操兵乘虛已渡河西,吾軍前後受敵,如之奈何?」部將李堪曰:「不如割地請和,兩家且各罷兵。捱過冬天,到春暖別作計議。」韓遂曰:「李堪之言最善,可從之。」

超猶豫未決。楊秋,侯選,皆勸求和。於是韓遂遣楊秋為使,直往操寨下書,言割地請和之事。操曰:「汝且回寨。吾來日使人回報。」楊秋辭去。賈詡入見操曰:「丞相主意如何?」操曰:「公所見若何?」詡曰:「兵不厭詐。可偽許之,然後用反間計,令韓,馬相疑,則一鼓可破也。」操撫掌大喜曰:「天下高見,多有相合。文和之謀,正吾心中之事也。」於是遣人回書,言:「待我徐徐退兵,還汝河西之地。」一面教搭起浮橋,作退軍之意。馬超得書,謂韓遂曰:「曹操雖然許和,奸雄難測。倘不準備,反受其制。超與叔父輪流調兵,今日叔向操,超向徐晃;明日超向操,叔向徐晃;分頭隄備,以防其詐。」

韓遂依計而行,早有人報知曹操。操顧賈詡曰:「吾事濟矣!」問:「來日是誰合向我這邊?」人報曰:「韓遂。」次日操引眾將出營,左右圍繞。操獨顯一騎於中央,韓遂部卒多有不識操者,出陣觀看。操高叫曰:「汝諸軍欲觀曹公耶?吾亦猶人也,非有四目兩口,但多智謀耳。」

諸軍皆有懼色。操使人過陣謂韓遂曰:「丞相謹請韓將軍會話。」韓遂即出陣;見操並無甲仗,亦棄衣甲,輕服匹馬而出。二人馬頭相交,各按轡對語。操曰:「吾與將軍之父,同舉孝廉,吾嘗以叔事之。吾亦與公同登仕路,不覺有年矣。將軍今年妙齡幾何?」韓遂答曰:「四十歲矣。」操曰:「往日在京師皆青春年少,何期又中旬矣!安得天下清平共樂耶!」只把舊事細說,並不提起軍情,說罷大笑。相談有一個時辰方回馬而別,各自歸寨。

31 As he spoke, Xu Chu rode forth whirling his sword and the duel began. They fought over a hundred bouts, and neither had the advantage. But then, their steeds being spent with galloping to and fro, each retired within his own lines and obtained a fresh mount. The contest was renewed, and a hundred more encounters took place, still without victory to either.

32 Suddenly Xu Chu galloped back to his own side, stripped off his armor, showing his magnificent muscles and, naked as he was, leaped again into the saddle and rode out to continue the battle.

33 Again the champions engaged, while both armies stood aghast. Thirty bouts more, and Xu Chu, summoning up all his force, plunged toward Ma Chao with his sword held high to strike. But Ma Chao avoided the stroke and rode in with his spear pointing directly at his opponent's heart. Throwing down his sword, Xu Chu dashed aside the spear, which passed underneath his arm.

34 Then ensued a struggle for the spear, and Xu Chu by a mighty effort snapped the shaft so that each held one half. Then the duel was continued, each be laboring the other with the pieces of the broken spear.

35 At this point Cao Cao began to fear for his champion and so ordered two of his generals, Xiahou Yuan and Cao Hong, to go out and take a hand. At this Pang De and Ma Dai gave the signal to their armored horsemen to attack. They rode in, and a melee began in which Cao Cao's troops were worsted, and the great champion Xu Chu received two arrow wounds in the shoulder. So the troops of Cao Cao retreated to their stockade, Ma Chao following them to the river. Cao Cao's army lost more than half their number.

36 Cao Cao barred his gates and allowed none to go out.

37 Ma Chao went down to the river. When he saw Han Sui, he said, "I have seen some wicked fighters, but none to match that Xu Chu. He is aptly nicknamed Tiger Lust"

38 Thinking that by strategy he might get the better of Ma Chao, Cao Cao secretly sent two bodies of troops across the river to the south bank to take up position so that he might attack in front and rear.

39 One day from his ramparts, Cao Cao saw Ma Chao and a few horsemen ride close up to the walls and then gallop to and fro like the wind.

40 After gazing at them for a long time, Cao Cao tore off his helmet and dashed it on the ground, saying, "If that Ma Chao is not killed, may I never know my place of burial!"

41 Xiahou Yuan heard his master, and his heart burned within him. He cried, "May I die here at once if I do not destroy that rebel!"

42 Without more ado, Xiahou Yuan flung open the gates and rode out with his company. Cao Cao tried to stop this mad rush, but it was no good. So, fearing Xiahou Yuan might come to grief, Cao Cao rode out after him. At sight of the soldiers of Cao Cao, Ma Chao faced his troops about, extended them in line and, as the enemy approached, dashed forward to the attack. Then noticing Cao Cao himself among them, Ma Chao left Xiahou Yuan and rode straight for Cao Cao. Panic seized Cao Cao and he rode for his life, while his troops were thrown into confusion.

43 It was during the pursuit of this portion of the Cao Cao's army that Ma Chao was told of a force of the enemy on the south of River Wei. Realizing the danger, he abandoned the pursuit, called in his forces, and went to his own camp, there to consult with Han Sui.

44 "What now? Cao Cao has crossed to the south of the river, and we can be attacked in the rear," said Ma Chao.

45 Commander Li Kan said, "Then you had better come to an agreement, sacrifice some territory, and make peace. Then both can repose through the winter and await the changes and chances that may come with the spring warmth."

46 "He is wise," said Han Sui, "and I advise the same."

47 But Ma Chao hesitated. Others exhorted him to make peace, and at length he agreed. So Yang Qiu and Hou Xuan were sent as messengers of peace to the camp of Cao Cao.

48 "You may return. I will send my reply," said Cao Cao when they had declared the purport of their mission. And they left.

49 Then Jia Xu said to Cao Cao, "What is your opinion, O Prime Minister?"

50 "What is yours?" asked Cao Cao.

51 "War allows deceit, therefore pretend to agree. Then we can try some means of sowing suspicions between Han Sui and Ma Chao so that we may thereby destroy both."

52 Cao Cao clapped his hands for very joy, saying, "That is the best idea of all! Most suitable! You and I agree in our ideas. I was just thinking of that."

53 So an answer was returned:

54 "Let me gradually withdraw my soldiers, and I will give back the land belonging to you on the west of Yellow River."

55 And at the same time Cao Cao ordered the construction of a floating bridge to help in the withdrawal to the east side.
56 When the reply arrived, Ma Chao said to Han Sui, "Although he agrees to peace, yet he is evil and crafty. We must remain prepared against his machinations. Uncle, you and I will take turns in watching Cao Cao and Xu Huang on alternate days. So shall we be safe against his treachery."

57 They agreed and began the regular alternate watch. Soon Cao Cao got to know what they were doing, and he turned to Jia Xu, saying, "I am succeeding."

58 "Who keeps the look-out on the north bank tomorrow?" asked Cao Cao.

59 "Han Sui," replied someone.

60 Next day Cao Cao at the head of a large party of his generals rode out of the camp, and the officers presently spread out right and left, he himself remaining a solitary rider visible in the center. Han Sui did not know that Cao Cao had come out.

61 Presently Cao Cao called out, "Do any of you soldiers want to see Cao Cao? Here I am quite alone. I have not four eyes nor a couple of mouths, but I am very knowing."

62 The soldiers turned pale with fright. Then Cao Cao called up a man and told him to go and see Han Sui and say, "Sir, the Prime Minister humbly asks you to come and confer with him."

63 Thereupon Han Sui went out, and seeing Cao Cao wore no armor, Han Sui also threw off his and rode out clad in a light robe. Each rode up to the other till their horse's heads nearly touched, and there they stood talking.

64 Said Cao Cao, "Your father and I were granted filial degrees at the same time, and I used to treat him as an uncle. Moreover, you and I set out to serve the court at the same time, too, and yet we have not met for years. How old may you be now, General?"

65 "I am forty," replied Han Sui.

66 "In those old days in the capital, we were both very young and never thought about middle age. If we could only restore tranquillity to the state, that would be a matter of rejoicing."

67 After that they chatted long about old times, but neither said a word on military matters. They gossiped for a couple of hours before they took leave of each other.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,