삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 093-04 공명이 강유를 얻다

三軍鼓角己罷,司徒王朗乘馬而出。上首乃都督曹真,下首乃副都督郭淮:兩個先鋒壓住陣角。探子馬出軍前,大叫曰:「請對陣主將答話!」只見蜀兵門旗開處,關興、張苞,分左右而出,立馬於兩邊;次後一隊隊驍將分列;門旗影下,中央一輛四輪車,孔明端坐車中,綸巾羽扇,素衣皂絛,飄然而出。孔明舉目見魏陣前三個麾蓋,旗上大書姓名,中央白髯老者,乃軍師司徒王朗。孔明暗忖曰:「王朗必不說詞,吾當隨機應之。」遂教推車出陣外,令護軍小校傳曰:「漢丞相與司徒會話。」王朗縱馬而出。孔明於車上拱手,王朗在馬上欠身答禮。朗曰:「久聞公之大名,今幸一會。公既知天命、識時務,何故興無名之師?」孔明曰:「吾奉詔討賊,何謂無名?」朗曰:「天數有變,神器更易,而歸有德之人,此自然之理也。曩自桓、靈以來,黃巾倡亂,天下爭橫。降至初平、建安之歲,董卓造逆,傕、汜繼虐;袁術僭號於壽春,袁紹稱雄於鄴上;劉表占據荊州,呂布虎吞徐郡:盜賊蜂起,奸雄鷹揚,社稷有累卵之危,生靈有倒懸之急。我太祖武皇帝,掃清六合,席捲八荒;萬姓傾心,四方迎德:非以權勢取之,實天命所歸也。世祖文帝,神聖文武,以膺大統,應天合人,法堯禪舜,處中國以治萬邦,豈非天心人意乎?今公蘊大才,報大器,欲自比於管樂,何乃強欲逆天理,背人情而行事耶?豈不聞古人云:『順天者昌,逆天者亡。」今我大魏帶甲百萬,良將千員。諒腐草之螢光,怎及天心之皓月?公可倒戈卸甲,以禮來降,不失封侯之位。國安民樂,豈不美哉!」孔明在車上大笑曰:「吾以為漢朝大老元臣,必有高論,豈期出此鄙言!吾有一言,諸軍靜聽:昔桓、靈之世,漢統陵替,宦官釀禍;國亂歲凶,四方擾攘。黃巾之後,董卓、傕、汜等接踵而起,遷劫漢帝,殘暴生靈。因廟堂之上,朽木為官;殿陛之間,禽獸食祿。狼心狗行之輩,滾滾當朝;奴顏婢膝之徒,紛紛秉政。以致社稷邱墟,蒼生塗炭。吾素知汝所行!世居東海之濱,初舉孝廉入仕。理合匡君輔國,安漢興劉;何期反助逆賊,同謀篡位!罪惡深重,天地不容!天下之人,願食汝肉!」「今幸天意不絕炎漢,昭烈皇帝繼統西川。吾今奉嗣君之旨,興師討賊。汝既為諂諛之臣,只可潛身縮首,苟圖衣食;安敢在行伍之前,妄稱天數耶!皓首匹夫!蒼髯老賊!汝即日將歸於九泉之下,何面目見二十四帝乎!老賊速退!可叫反臣與吾共決勝負!」王朗聽罷,氣滿胸膛,大叫一聲,撞死於馬下。後人有詩讚孔明曰:

兵馬出西秦,
雄才敵萬人。
輕搖三寸舌,
罵死老奸臣。

Then after three rolls of the drums, Minister of the Interior Wang Lang mounted his horse and rode out, next to him rode Commander-in-Chief Cao Zhen, and followed behind was Deputy Commander Guo Huai. The two Leaders of the Van remained in charge of the army.

98 Then a messenger rode to the front and called out in a loud voice, "We request the leader of the opposing army to come out to a parley."

99 At this, within the Shu army, an opening was made at the main standard, through which came out Guan Xing and Zhang Bao, who took up their stations right and left. Then followed two lines of generals, and beneath the standard, in the center of the array, was seen a four-wheeled carriage wherein sat Zhuge Liang, with turban, white robe and black sash. A leather fan was in his hand. He advanced with the utmost dignity. Looking up, he saw three commander umbrellas and flags bearing large white characters. In the middle was an aged, white-haired figure, Minister Wang Lang.

100 "He intends to deliver an oration," thought Zhuge Liang. "I must answer as best I may."

101 His carriage was then pushed to the front beyond the line of battle, and he directed one of his officers to reply, saying, "The Prime Minister of the Hans is willing to speak with Minister Wang Lang."

102 Wang Lang advanced. Zhuge Liang saluted him from the carriage with raised hands, and Wang Lang replied from horseback with an inclination. Then Wang Lang began his oration.

103 "I am happy to meet you, Noble Sir. Your reputation has been long known to me. Since you recognize the decrees of Heaven and are acquainted with the conditions of the world, why do you, without any excuse, lead out such an army?"

104 Zhuge Liang replied, "How mean you no excuse? I hold an edict to destroy rebels."

105 Wang Lang replied, "Heaven has its mutations, and change its instruments from time to time. The supreme dignity comes at last to the person of virtue. This is the inevitable and immutable law. In the days of Emperors Huan and Ling arose the Yellow Scarves rebellion, and the whole earth was involved in wrangling and warfare. Later, in the eras of Inauguration of Tranquillity and Rebuilt Tranquillity, Dong Zhuo arose in revolt, a revolt which Li Jue and Guo Si continued after Dong Zhuo had been destroyed. Next Yuan Shu usurped the imperial style, and his brother Yuan Shao played the man of might and valor in the land of Yejun. Liu Biao occupied Jingzhou, and Lu Bu seized and held Xuzhou. Thus rebels have arisen in the land like swarm of wasps and bold spirits have followed their own will, to the danger of the supreme dignity and the peril of the people.

106 "Then the Founder of Wei, Emperor Cao, swept away rebellion in eight directions, purged the land, and restored order. All hearts turned to him in gratitude, and the people of the four quarters admired his virtue. He gained his position by no manifestation of force: It was simply the will of Heaven. His son and successor, Emperor Pi, was wise and warlike, adequate to the great heritage and fitted to wield supreme power. Wherefore, in accordance with the will of Heaven and the desires of humans, and following the example of the earliest emperors, he took his place as arbiter of the Central Government, whereby the myriad countries are ordered and governed. Can any maintain that it was not the desire of Heaven and the wish of the people?

107 "Noble Sir, you are a man of natural talent and acquired attainments, worthy, you say yourself, to be compared with Guan Zhong and Yue Yi. Why then place yourself in opposition to the decree of Heaven and turn away from the desire of humankind to do this thing? You cannot be ignorant of the wise old saying: 'He who accords with the Heaven shall flourish, while he who opposes shall be destroyed.'

108 "Now the armies of Wei are countless legions, and their able leaders are beyond number. Can the glowworm in the parched stubble rival the glorious moon in the sky? If you will turn down your weapons and throw aside your armors and dutifully yield, you shall not lose your rank. The state will have tranquillity and the people rejoice. Is not that a desirable consummation?"

109 Zhuge Liang laughed.

110 Said he, "I regarded you as an old and tried servant of the Han Dynasty and thought you would hold some noble discourse. Could I imagine you would talk so foully? I have a word to say that all the armies may hear. In the days of Emperors Huan and Ling the rule of Han declined, the officers of state were the authors of evil, the government fell into confusion, and misfortune settled on the country. Trouble was rife in every quarter. The Yellow Scaves, Dong Zhuo, Li Jue and Guo Si, and other rebels arose one after another, deposing the emperor and afflicting the people. Because the household officers were corrupt and foolish, and the court officials were as brute beasts, living only that they might feed; because high people, wolfishly cruel in their hearts, savagely mean in their conduct, were in office one after another, and slavish flatterers bending slavish knees confounded the administration, therefore the Throne became as a waste heap, and the people were trodden into the mire.

111 "I know all about you. You came from the eastern seashore. You got into office with a recommendation of filial piety and integrity; you properly aided your sovereign and supported the state, cared for the tranquillity of Han and magnified the Lius. But could one have imagined that you would turn and assist rebels and enter into a plot to usurp the Throne? Indeed your crime is great and your guilt heavy. Heaven and earth will not suffer you. The inhabitants of this land would devour you.

112 "But happily the design of Heaven is to retain the glorious dynasty. The late Emperor Bei continued the line in the River Lands, and I have been entrusted by the present Emperor with the task of destroying you rebels.

113 "Since you are such a false and specious minister, you have but to hide your body and cover your head, concern yourself about your belly and your back. Do not come out before the armies to rave about the decrees of Heaven. You fool and rebel! Mark you, today is your last day. This day even you descend to the Nine Golden Springs. How will you stand before the twenty-four emperors of Latter Han that you will meet there? Retire, you rebel! Go tell your rebellious companions to come and fight one battle with me that shall decide the victory!"

114 Fierce wrath filled the old man's breast. With one despairing cry Wang Lang fell to the earth dead.

115 This exploit of Zhuge Liang's has been lauded in verse:

116 In west Qin, when the armies met in the field, 
He, the bold one, singly faced a myriad warriors, 
And with a simple weapon, just his tongue, 
He did to death a wicked minister.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,