삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 020-07 옥대속에 숨긴 황제의 밀서

15.帝曰:「祖宗如此英雄,子孫如此懦弱,豈不可歎!」因指左右二輔之像曰:「此二人非留侯張良、酇侯蕭何耶?」承曰:「然也。高祖開基創業,實賴二人之力。」帝回顧左右較遠,乃密謂承曰:「卿亦當如此二人立於朕側。」承曰:「臣無寸功,何以當此?」帝曰:「朕想卿西都救駕之功,未嘗少忘,無可為賜。」因指所著袍帶曰:「卿當衣朕此袍,繫朕此帶,常如在朕左右也。」承頓首謝。帝解袍帶賜承,密語曰:「卿歸可細視之,勿負朕意。」

16.承會意,穿袍繫帶,辭帝下閣。早有人報知曹操曰:「帝與董承登功臣閣說話。」操即入朝來看。董承出閣,纔過宮門,恰遇操來;急無躲避處,只得立於路側施禮。操問曰:「國舅何來?」承曰:「適蒙天子宣召,賜以錦袍玉帶。」操問曰:「何故見賜?」承曰:「因念某舊日西都救駕之功,故有此賜。」操曰:「解帶我看。」承心知衣帶中必有密詔,恐操看破,遲延不解。操叱左右:「急解下來!」看了半晌,笑曰:「果然是條好玉帶?再脫下錦袍來借看。」

"Such heroic forefathers! Such weakling descendants! How sad it is!" said the Emperor.

Pointing to the portraits right and left, he continued, "Are not these two Zhang Liang, Lord of Liu, and Xiao He, Lord of Cuo?"

"Certainly. The Supreme Ancestor was greatly assisted by these two."

The Emperor glanced right and left. His attendants were rather far away. Then he whispered to Dong Cheng, "You, like these two, must stand by me."

"My poor services are of no worth. I do not compare with those men," said the Uncle.

"I remember that you saved me at the western capital, Changan. I have never forgotten, and I could never reward you properly."

Then pointing to his own robe, the Emperor continued, "You must wear this robe of mine, girded with my own girdle, and it will be as though you are always near your Emperor."

Dong Cheng bowed his gratitude while the Emperor, taking off the robe, presented it to his faithful minister. At the same time he whispered, "Examine it closely when you get home, and help your Emperor carry out his intention."

Dong Cheng understood. He put on the robe and the girdle, took leave and left the chamber.

The news of the audience for Dong Cheng had been taken to the Prime Minister, who at once went to the Palace and arrived as Dong Cheng was passing out at the Donghua Gate. They met face to face, and Dong Cheng could in nowise avoid him. Dong Cheng went to the side of the road and made his obeisance.

"Where are you from, State Uncle?" asked Cao Cao.

"His Majesty summoned me into the Palace and has given me this robe and beautiful girdle."

"Why did he give you these?"

"He had not forgotten that I saved his life in the old days."

"Take it off and let me see it."

Dong Cheng who knew that a secret decree was hidden away somewhere in the garments was afraid Cao Cao would notice a breach somewhere in the material, so he hesitated and did not obey. But Cao Cao called his guards, and they took off the girdle. Then Cao Cao looked it over carefully.

"It certainly is a very handsome girdle," said he. "Now take off the robe and let me look at that."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,