삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 031-03 원소의 좌절

正行之間,左邊曹洪、右邊夏侯惇,擋住去路。紹大呼曰:「若不決死戰,必為所擒矣!」奮力衝突,得脫重圍。袁熙、高幹皆被箭傷。軍馬死亡殆盡。紹抱三子痛哭一場,不覺昏倒。眾人急救,紹口吐鮮血不止,歎曰:「吾自歷戰數十場,不意今日狼狽至此!此天喪吾也!汝等各回本州,誓與曹賊一決雌雄!」便教辛評、郭圖火急隨袁譚前往青州整頓,恐曹操犯境;令袁熙仍回幽州,高幹仍回并州,各去收拾人馬,以備調用。袁紹引袁尚等入冀州養病,令尚與審配、逢紀暫掌軍事。

卻說曹操自倉亭大勝,重賞三軍,令人探察冀州虛實。細作回報:「紹臥病在。袁尚、審配緊守城池。袁譚、袁熙、高幹皆回本州。」眾皆勸操急攻之。操曰:「冀州糧食極廣,審配又有機謀,未可急拔。見今禾稼在田,恐廢民業,姑待秋成後取之未晚。」正議間,忽荀彧有書到,報說:「劉備在汝南得劉辟、龔都數萬之眾。聞丞相提軍出征河北,乃令劉辟守汝南,備親自引兵乘虛來攻許昌。丞相可速回軍禦之。」操大驚,留曹洪屯兵河上,虛張聲勢。操自提大兵往汝南來迎劉備。

卻說玄德與關、張、趙雲等,引兵欲襲許都。行近穰山地面,正遇曹兵殺來,玄德便於穰山下寨。軍分三隊:雲長屯兵於東南角上,張飛屯兵於西南角上,玄德與趙雲於正南立寨。曹操兵至,玄德鼓譟而出。操布成陣勢,叫玄德打話。玄德出馬於門旗下。操以鞭指罵曰:「吾待汝為上賓,汝何背義忘恩?」玄德曰:「汝託名漢相,實為國賊!吾乃漢室宗親,奉天子密詔,來討反賊!」遂於馬上朗誦衣帶詔。

操大怒,教許褚出戰。玄德背後趙雲,挺槍出馬。二將相交,三十合不分勝負。忽然喊聲大震,東南角上,雲長衝突而來;西南角上,張飛引軍衝突而來。三處一齊掩殺。曹軍遠來疲困,不能抵當,大敗而走。玄德得勝回營。

次日,又使趙雲搦戰。操兵旬日不出。玄德再使張飛搦戰,操兵亦不出。玄德愈疑。忽報龔都運糧至,被曹軍圍住,玄德急令張飛去救。忽又報夏侯惇引軍抄背後逕取汝南,玄德大驚曰:「若如此,吾前後受敵,無所歸矣!」急遣雲長救之。兩軍皆去。

不一日,飛馬來報夏侯惇已打破汝南,劉辟棄城而走,雲長現今被圍。玄德大驚。又報張飛去救龔都,也被圍住了。玄德急欲回兵,又恐操兵後襲。忽報寨外許褚搦戰,玄德不敢出馬。候至天明,教軍士飽餐,步軍先起,馬軍後隨,寨中虛傳更點。玄德等離寨約行數里,轉過土山,火把齊明,山頭上大呼曰:「休教走了劉備!丞相在此專等!」玄德慌尋路走。趙雲曰:「主公勿憂,但跟某來。」趙雲挺槍躍馬,殺開條路,玄德掣雙股劍後隨。

But there was no rest, for Cao Cao came in close pursuit. It seemed now a race for life. But presently Yuan Shao found his onward course again blocked by Xiahou Dun 하후돈 and Cao Hong 조홍, and he groaned aloud.

51 "If we do not make most desperate efforts, we are all captives!" said he.

52 And they plunged forward. His second son Yuan Xi 원희 and his nephew Gao Gan 고간 were wounded by arrows, and most of his soldiers were dead or had disappeared. He gathered his sons into his arms and wept bitterly. Then he fell into a swoon. He was picked up, but his mouth was full of blood which ran forth in a bright scarlet stream.

53 He sighed, saying, "Many battles have I fought, and little did I think to be driven to this. Heaven is afflicting me. You had better return each to his own territory and swear to fight this Cao Cao to the end."

54 Then Yuan Shao bade Xin Ping 신평 and Guo Tu 곽도 as quickly as possible follow Yuan Tan 원담 to Qingzhou and prepare to give battle to Cao Cao lest he should invade. Yuan Xi was told to go to Youzhou and Gao Gan to Bingzhou.

55 So each started to prepare armies and horses for repulsing Cao Cao. Yuan Shao with his youngest son Yuan Shang 원상 and the remnant of his officers went away to Jizhou, and military operations were suspended for a time.

56 Meanwhile Cao Cao was distributing rewards to his army for the late victory, and his spies were scouting all about Jizhou. He soon learned that Yuan Shao was ill, and that the youngest son Yuan Shang and Shen Pei were in command of the city, while his brothers and cousin had returned each to his own. Cao Cao's advisers were in favor of a speedy attack.

57 But he objected, saying, "Jizhou is large and well supplied. Shen Pei is an able strategist. And it behooves me to be careful. I would rather wait till the autumn when the crops have been gathered in so that the people will not suffer."

58 While the attack was being talked over there came letters from Xun Yu 순욱:

59 "Liu Bei 유비 was strengthening himself at Runan with the force of Liu Pi 유벽 and Gong Du 공도 and, when he heard that you was attacking Jizhou, he said he would take the opportunity to march on the capital. Wherefore you, Sir, should hasten homeward to defend Xuchang."

60 This news disconcerted Cao Cao. He left Cao Hong 조홍 in command on the river bank, with orders to maintain the appearance of strength there, while he led the main part of his army to meet the threatened attack from Runan.

61 Meanwhile Liu Bei, his brothers, and the leaders, having gone forth with the intention of attacking the capital, had reached a point near the Rang Mountains when Cao Cao came upon them. So Liu Bei camped by the hills and divided his army into three, sending Guan Yu 관우 and Zhang Fei 장비 with ten thousand troops each to entrench themselves southeast and southwest respectively of the main body, which he and Zhao Zilong 조자룡 commanded.

62 When Cao Cao came near, Liu Bei beat his drums and went out to where Cao Cao had already arrayed his army.

63 Cao Cao called Liu Bei to a parley, and when the latter appeared under his great standard, Cao Cao pointed his whip at him and railed, saying, "I treated you as a guest of the highest consideration. Why then do you turn your back on righteousness and forget kindness?"

64 Liu Bei replied, "Under the name of Prime Minister you are really a rebel. I am a direct descendant of the family, and I have a secret decree from the Throne to take such offenders as you."

65 As he said these words, he produced and recited the decree which is known as the "Girdle Mandate."

66 Cao Cao grew very angry and ordered Xu Chu 허저 to go out to battle. As Liu Bei's champion, out rode Zhao Zilong with spear ready to thrust. The two warriors exchanged thirty bouts without advantage to either. Then there arose an earth-rending shout and up came the two brothers, Guan Yu from the southeast and Zhang Fei from the southwest. The three armies then began a great attack, which proved too much for Cao Cao's troops, fatigued by a long march, and they were worsted and fled. Liu Bei having scored this victory returned to camp.

67 Next day he sent out Zhao Zilong again to challenge the enemy, but it was not accepted and Cao Cao's army remained ten days without movement. Then Zhang Fei offered a challenge which also was not accepted. And Liu Bei began to feel anxious.

68 Then unexpectedly came news that the enemy had stopped a train of supplies brought by Gong Du, and at once Zhang Fei went to the rescue. Worse still was the news that followed, that an army led by Xiahou Dun had got in behind to attack Runan.

69 Quite dismayed, Liu Bei said, "If this be true, I have enemies in front and rear and have no place to go."

70 He then sent Guan Yu to try to recover the city and thus both his brothers were absent from his side. 

One day later a horseman rode up to say that Runan had fallen, its defender Liu Pi had fled, and Guan Yu was surrounded. To make the matters worse, the news came that Zhang Fei, who had gone to rescue Gong Du, was in like case.

71 Liu Bei tried to withdraw his troops, fearing all the time an attack from Cao Cao. Suddenly the sentinels came in, saying: "Xu Chu 허저 is at the camp gate offering a challenge."

72 Liu Bei did not allow his army to go out. They waited till dawn, and then Liu Bei bade the soldiers get a good meal and be ready to start. When ready the foot went out first, the horsemen next, leaving a few troops in the camp to beat the watches and maintain an appearance of occupation.

73 After traveling some miles, they passed some mounds. Suddenly torches blazed out, and on the summit stood one who shouted, "Do not let Liu Bei run away! I, the Prime Minister, am here awaiting you!"

74 Liu Bei dashed along the first clear road he saw.

75 Zhao Zilong said, "Fear not, my lord, only follow me!"

76 And setting his spear, Zhao Zilong galloped in front opening an alley as he went. Liu Bei gripped his double swords and followed close. 

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,