삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 023-07 재사 예형과 의인 길평

12.衡至荊州,見劉表畢,雖頌德,實譏諷。表不喜,令去江夏見黃祖。或問表曰:「禰衡戲謔主公,何不殺之?」表曰:「禰衡數辱曹操,操不殺者,恐失人望;故令作使於我,欲借我手殺之,使我受害賢之名也。吾今遣去見黃祖,使曹操知我有識。」眾皆稱善。

13.時袁紹亦遣使至。表問眾謀士曰:「袁本初又遣使來,曹孟德又差禰衡在此,當從何便?」從事中郎將韓嵩進曰:「今兩雄相持,將軍若欲有為,乘此破敵可也。如其不然,將擇其善者而從之。今曹操善能用兵,賢俊多歸,其勢必先取袁紹,然後移兵向江東,恐將軍不能禦;莫若舉荊州以附操,操必重待將軍矣。」表曰:「汝且去許都,觀其動靜,再作商議。」嵩曰:「君臣各有定分。嵩今事將軍,雖赴湯蹈火,一唯所命。將軍若能上順天子,下從曹公,使嵩可也;如持疑未定,嵩到京師,天子賜嵩一官,則嵩為天子之臣,不得復為將軍死矣。」表曰:「汝且先往觀之。吾別有主意。」

Mi Heng went on his journey and presently reached Jingzhou, where he saw Liu Biao. After that, under pretense of extolling Liu Biao's virtue, he lampooned Liu Biao who was annoyed and sent him to Jiangxia to see Huang Zu.

"Why did you not put the fellow to death for lampooning you?" said one to Liu Biao.

"You see he shamed Cao Cao, but Cao Cao did not kill him as Cao Cao feared to lose popular favor. So Cao Cao sent him to me, thinking to borrow my hand to slay him and so suffer the loss of my good name. I have sent him on to Huang Zu to let Cao Cao see that I understood."

Liu Biao's clever caution met with general praise.

At that time a messenger from Yuan Shao was also there with certain proposals for an alliance, and it was necessary to decide which aide to espouse. All the advisers came together to consider the question.

Then Commander Han Song said, "As you have now two offers, you can please yourself and choose your own way to destroy your enemies; for if one refuses, you can follow the other. Now Cao Cao is an able general and has many capable officers in his train. It looks as though he may destroy Yuan Shao and then move his armies across the river. I fear, my lord, you would be unable then to withstand him. That being so, it would be wise to support Cao Cao, who will treat you with respect."

Liu Biao replied, "You go to the capital and see how things tend. That will help me to decide."

Han Song said, "The positions of master and servant are clearly defined. Now I am your man prepared to go all lengths for you and obey you to the last, whether in serving the Emperor or in following Cao Cao. But lest there should be any doubt you must remember that if the Emperor gives me any office, then I shall become his servant and shall not be ready to face death for you."

"You go and find out what you can. I have ideas in my mind."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,