삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 027-05 홀로 천릿길을 달리다

行至滑州界首,有人報與劉延。延引數十騎,出郭而迎。關公馬上欠身而言曰:「太守別來無恙!」延曰:「公今欲何往?」公曰:「辭了丞相,去尋吾兄。」延曰:「玄德在袁紹處,紹乃丞相讎人,如何容公去?」公曰:「昔日曾言定來。」延曰:「今黃河渡口關隘,夏侯惇部將秦琪據守。恐不容將軍過去。」公曰:「太守應付船隻,若何?」延曰:「船隻雖有,不敢應付。」公曰:「我前者誅顏良,文醜,亦曾與足下解厄。今日求一渡船而不與,何也?」延曰:「只恐夏侯惇知之,必然罪我。」

關公知劉延無用之人,遂自催車仗前進。到黃河渡口,秦琪引軍出問來者何人?關公曰:「漢壽亭侯關某也。」琪曰:「今欲何往?」關公曰:「欲投河北去尋兄長劉玄德,敬來借渡。」琪曰:「丞相公文何在?」公曰:「吾不受丞相節制,有甚公文?」琪曰:「吾奉夏侯將軍將令,守把關隘,你便插翅,也飛不過去!」關公大怒曰:「你知我於路斬戮攔截者乎?」琪曰:「你只殺得無名下將,敢殺我麼?」關公怒曰:「汝比顏良,文醜,若何?」

秦琪大怒,縱馬提刀,直取關公。二馬相交,只一合,關公刀起,秦琪頭落。關公曰:「當吾者已死,餘人不必驚走。速備船隻,送我渡河。」軍士急撐舟傍岸。關公請二嫂上船渡河。渡過黃河,便是袁紹地方。關公所歷關隘五處,斬將六員。後人有詩歎曰:

掛印封金辭漢相,
尋兄遙望遠途還。
馬騎赤兔行千里,
刀偃青龍出五關。

忠義慨然沖,宇宙,
英雄從此震江山。
獨行斬將應無敵,
今古留題翰墨間。

[三國誌詩027-p01]

關公於馬上自歎曰:「吾非欲沿途殺人,奈事不得已也。曹公知之,必以我為負恩之人矣。」正行間,忽見一騎自北而來,大叫:「雲長少住!」關公勒馬視之,乃孫乾也。關公曰:「自汝南相別,一向消息若何?」

乾曰:「劉辟,龔都,自將軍回兵之後,復奪了汝南;遣某往河北結好袁紹,請玄德同謀破曹之計。不想河北將士,各相妒忌。田豐尚囚獄中;沮授黜退不用;審配,郭圖,各自爭權;袁紹多疑,主持不定。某與劉皇叔商議,先求脫身之計。今皇叔已住汝南會合劉辟去了。恐將軍不知,反到袁紹處,或為所害,特遣某於路迎接將來。幸於此得見。將軍可速往汝南與皇叔相會。」

關公教孫乾拜見夫人。夫人問其動靜。孫乾備說:「袁紹二次欲斬皇叔,今幸脫身往汝南去了。夫人可與皇叔到此相會。」二夫人皆掩面垂淚。關公依言,不投河北去,逕取汝南來。

正行之間,背後塵埃起處,一彪人馬趕來。當先夏侯惇大叫「關某休走!」正是:

六將阻關徒受死,一軍攔路復爭鋒。

[三國誌詩027-p02]

畢竟關公怎生脫身,且看下文分解。

122 When the party drew near Huazhou, someone told Liu Yue, who rode out to welcome him. Liu Yue had been once rescued by Guan Yu, who slew Yan Liang and Wen Chou and lifted the siege of the city.

123 Guan Yu did not dismount but bowed from horseback, saying, "Have you been quite well since we parted?"

124 "Whither are you going, Sir?" replied Liu Yue.

125 "I have left the Prime Minister and am on my way to find my brother."

126 "Liu Bei is with Yuan Shao, who is at enmity with the Prime Minister. How can you be allowed to go to him?" asked Liu Yue.

127 "That matter was settled long ago."

128 "The Yellow River Ferry is an important point and is guarded by a commander of Xiahou Dun. He will not let you cross."

129 "But suppose then you provide boats for me?"

130 "Though there are boats, I dare not give them to you."

131 "Well, formerly I slew Yan Liang and Wen Chou and saved you a grave danger. Now you refuse me a ferry boat!"

132 "I am afraid Xiahou Dun will know of it and make it a fault against me."

133 Guan Yu perceived that no help was to be expected from this man, so he pushed on and presently reached the ferry. There the Commander of the Guard, Qin Qi, came out to question him.

134 "I am one Guan Yu, Lord of Hanshou."

135 "Whither are you bound?"

136 "I go to the North of Yellow River to seek my brother, Liu Bei, and I respectfully ask you to grant me a passage over the river."

137 "Where is the authority of the Prime Minister?"

138 "I am not on a mission from the Prime Minister, so why should I have such an authority?"

139 "I have orders from my chief to guard the ferry, and you will not cross. Even if you grew wings, you should not fly over."

140 Guan Yu's choler arose.

141 "Do you know that I have been the death of all those who have hitherto tried to stop me?" said he.

142 "You have only slain a few officers of no rank or reputation; but you dare not kill me!"

143 "Where would you stand beside Yan Liang and Wen Chou?" asked Guan Yu.

144 Qin Qi grew angry, and he loosed his rein. Sword in hand, he came at a gallop. The two met, but in the first encounter Qin Qi's head was swept off by the terrible green-dragon saber.

145 "He who opposed me is dead! You others need not be afraid," cried Guan Yu. "Be quick and prepare me a boat."

146 The boat was soon at the landing, and the two women stepped on board, followed by Guan Yu. They crossed and were then in the country of Yuan Shao. In the course of his journey to this point, Guan Yu had forced five passes and slain six generals.

147 His seal hung up, the treasury locked, his courtly mansion left, 
He journeyed toward his brother dear, too long from his side left. 
The horse he rode was famed for speed as for endurance great, 
His good sword made a way for him and opened every gate. 

His loyalty and truth forth stand, a pattern unto all, 
His valor would frighten rushing streams and make high mountains fall. 
Alone he traveled lustily, this was death to meet his blade
He has been themed by myriads, his glory never will fade.

148 "I did not willingly slay a single one of them," mused Guan Yu as he rode along. "There was no help for it. Nevertheless when Cao Cao hears of it, he will regard me as ungrateful for his bounty."

149 Before long he saw a rider on the road who soon hailed him and proved to be Sun Qian.

150 "I have never heard a word from you since we lost sight of each other at Runan. How have you fared?" said Guan Yu.

151 "After your departure Liu Pi and Gong Du retook the city. I was sent by them to Yuan Shao to try to make peace with him and succeeded, so that Yuan Shao invited Liu Bei to go to him and share in the deliberations for a concerted attack on Cao Cao. But to my disgust the leaders of Yuan Shao's army showed great jealousy of each other so that Tian Feng got into gaol, Ju Shou was degraded, and others quarreled. Then Yuan Shao vacillated and hesitated, so that your brother and I consulted how we might get away from them all. Now the Uncle is at Runan with Liu Pi and, thinking you could not know that and might suffer some harm if you unwillingly went to Yuan Shao, I have come to warn you. It is good fortune to find you like this. Now we can hasten to Runan, and you will meet your brother."

152 Guan Yu took Sun Qian to make his bow to the ladies, who asked after his adventures, and Sun Qian said, "Uncle Liu Bei were nearly executed due to Yuan Shao's sudden bursts of anger after the deaths of Yan Liang and Wen Chou. Now, however, he is out of his way and safe at Runan, and you will meet him soon."

153 The ladies covered their faces and wept at the recital of his dangers. Then the party no longer traveled north but took the road toward Runan. 

Not long after a great cloud of dust was noticed behind them, and that presently made out a hundred of horsemen. These were led by Xiahou Dun, who shouted out to Guan Yu to stop.

154 One by one the pass commanders stopped his 
progress and were slain, 
The river crossed, another army comes and he 
must fight again.

155 How finally Guan Yu escaped death will appear in the succeeding chapter.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,