삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 037-02 삼고초려

卻說玄德正安排禮物,欲往隆中謁諸葛亮,忽人報:「門外有一先生,峨冠博帶,道貌非常,特來相探。」玄德曰:「此莫非即孔明否?」遂整衣出迎。視之,乃司馬徽也。玄德大喜,請入後堂高坐,拜問曰:「備自別仙顏,日因軍務倥傯,有失拜訪。今得光降,大慰仰慕之私。」徽曰:「聞徐元直在此,特來一會。」玄德曰:「近因曹操囚其母,徐母遣人馳書喚回許昌去矣。」徽曰:「此中曹操之計矣!吾素聞徐母最賢,雖為操所囚,必不肯馳書召其子。此書必詐也。元直不去,其母尚存;今若去,母必死矣。」

玄德驚問其故。徽曰:「徐母高義,必羞見其子也。」玄德曰:「元直臨行,薦南陽諸葛亮,其人若何?」徽笑曰:「元直欲去自去便了,何又惹他出來嘔心血也?」玄德曰:「先生何出此言?」徽曰:「孔明與博陵崔州平、潁川石廣元、汝南孟公威與徐元直四為密友。此四人務於精純,惟孔明獨觀其大略。嘗抱膝長吟,而指四人曰:『公等仕進,可至刺史、郡守。』眾問孔明之志若何,孔明但笑而不答。每常自比管仲、樂毅,其才不可量也。」玄德曰:「何潁川之多賢乎!」徽曰:「昔有殷馗善觀天文,嘗謂群星聚於潁分,其地必多賢士。」

時雲長在側曰:「某聞管仲、樂毅,乃春秋戰國名人,功蓋寰宇。孔明自比此二人,毋乃太過?」徽笑曰:「以吾觀之,不當比此二人。我欲另以二人比之。」雲長問那二人。徽曰:「可比興周八百年之姜子牙,旺漢四百年之張子房也。」眾皆愕然。徽下階相辭欲行。玄德留之不住。徽出門仰天大笑曰:「臥龍雖得其主,不得其時,惜哉!」言罷,飄然而去。玄德嘆曰:「真隱居賢士也!」

16 As has been said, Liu Bei 유비 prepared gifts to offer to Zhuge Liang 제갈량 on his visit. One day his servants announced a stranger of extraordinary appearance, wearing a lofty headdress and a wide belt.

17 "Surely this is he," said Liu Bei, and, hastily arranging his dress, he went to welcome the visitor.

18 But the first glance showed him that it was the recluse of the mountains, Sima Hui 사마휘. However, Liu Bei was glad to see him and led him into the inner apartment as he would an old friend.

19 There Liu Bei conducted him to the seat of honor and made his obeisance, saying, "Since leaving you that day in the mountains, I have been overwhelmed with military preparations and so have failed to visit you as courtesy demanded. Now that the brightness has descended upon me, I hope this dereliction of duty may be pardoned."

20 "I hear Xu Shu 서서 is here. I have come expressly to see him," replied Water Mirror bluntly.

21 "He has lately left for Xuchang 허도. A messenger came with a letter telling of the imprisonment of his mother."

22 "Then he has just fallen into Cao Cao's trap, for that letter was a forgery. I have known his mother to be a very noble woman. Even if she were imprisoned by Cao Cao, she would not summon her son like that. Certainly the letter was a forgery. If the son did not go, the mother would be safe; if he went, she would be a dead woman."

23 "But how?" asked Liu Bei dismayed.

24 "She is a woman of the highest principles, who would be greatly mortified at the sight of her son under such conditions."

25 Liu Bei said, "Just as your friend was leaving, he mentioned the name of a certain Zhuge Liang. What think you of him?"

26 Water Mirror laughed, saying, "If Xu Shu wanted to go, he was free to go. But why did he want to provoke Zhuge Liang into coming out and showing compassion for someone else?"

27 "Why do you speak like that?" asked Liu Bei

28 He replied, "Five persons, Zhuge Liang 제갈량 of Nanyang 남양, Cui Zhouping 최주평 of Boling 박릉, Shi Guangyuan 석광원 of Yingchuan 영천, Meng Gongwei 맹공위 of Runan 여남, and Xu Shu 서서 of Yingchuan 영천 were the closest of friends. They formed a little coterie devoted to meditation on essential refinement. Only Zhuge Liang arrived at a perception of its meaning. He used to sit among them with his arms about his knees muttering and then, pointing to his companions, he would say, 'You, gentlemen, would become governors and protectors if you were in official life.'

29 "When they asked him what was his ambition, he would only smile and always compared himself with the great ancient scholars Guan Zhong 관중 and Yue Yi 악의. No one could gauge his talents."

30 "How comes it that Yingchuan produces so many able humans?" said Liu Bei.

31 "That old astrologer, Yin Kui 은규, used to say that the stars clustered thick over the region, and so there were many wise people."

32 Now Guan Yu 관우 was there. When he heard Zhuge Liang so highly praised, he said, "Guan Zhong and Yue Yi are the two most famous leaders mentioned in the Spring and Autumn and the Warring States Periods. They well overtopped the rest of humankind. Is it not a little too much to say that Zhuge Liang compares with these two?"

33 "In my opinion he should not be compared with these two, but rather with two others," said Water Mirror.

34 "Who are these two?" asked Guan Yu.

35 "One of them is Lu Wang 강상(태공), who laid the foundations of the Zhou Dynasty so firmly that it lasted eight hundred years; and the other Zhang Liang 장량, who made the Han glorious for four centuries."

36 Before the surprise called forth by this startling statement had subsided, Water Mirror walked down the steps and took his leave. Liu Bei would have kept him if he could, but he was obdurate.

37 As he stalked proudly away, he threw up his head and said, "Though Sleeping Dragon has found his lord, he has not been born at the right time. It is a pity!"

38 "What a wise hermit!" was Liu Bei's comment.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,