삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 057-01 와룡과 봉추

第五十七回 柴桑口臥龍弔喪 耒陽縣鳳雛理事

Sleeping Dragon Mourns In Chaisang;
Young Phoenix Intervenes At Leiyang.

卻說周瑜怒氣填胸,墜於馬下,左右急救歸船。軍士傳說:「玄德、孔明在前山頂上飲酒取樂。」瑜大怒,咬牙切齒曰:「你道我取不得西川,吾誓取之!」

正恨間,人報吳侯遣弟孫瑜到。周瑜接入,具言其事。孫瑜曰:「吾奉兄命來助都督。」遂令催軍前行。行至巴丘,人報上流有劉封,關平二人領軍截住水路。周瑜愈怒。忽又報孔明遣人送書至。周瑜拆封視之。書曰:

「漢軍師中郎將諸葛亮,致書於東吳大都督公瑾先生麾下:自柴桑一別,至今戀戀不忘。聞足下欲取西川,亮竊以為不可。益州民強地險,劉璋雖暗弱,足以自守;今勞師遠征,轉運萬里,卻收全功,雖吳起不能定其規,孫武不能善其後也。曹操失利於赤壁,志豈須臾忘報讎哉?今足下興兵遠征,倘操乘虛而至,江南韭粉矣。亮不忍坐視,特此告知,幸垂照鑒。」
  周瑜覽畢,長歎一聲,喚左右取紙筆作書上吳侯,乃聚眾將曰:「吾非不欲盡忠報國,奈天命已絕矣。汝等善事吳侯,共成大業。」言訖,昏絕。徐徐又醒,仰天長歎曰:「既生瑜,何生亮?」連叫數聲而亡。壽三十又六歲。後人有詩歎曰:

赤壁遺雄烈,青年有駿聲。
絃歌知雅意,盃酒謝良朋。
曾謁三千斛,常驅十萬兵。
巴丘終命處,憑弔欲傷情。

周瑜停喪於巴丘。眾將將所遺書緘,遣人飛報孫權。權聞周瑜死,放聲大哭。拆視其書,乃薦魯肅以自代也。書略曰:

「瑜以凡才,荷蒙殊遇,委任腹心,統御兵馬,敢不竭股肱之力,以圖報效?奈死生不測,修短有命;愚志未展,微軀已殞,遺恨何極!方今曹操在北,疆場未靜;劉備寄寓,有似養虎;天下之事,尚未可知。此正朝士旰食之秋,至尊垂慮之日也。魯肅忠烈,臨事不苟,可以代瑜之任。『人之將死,其言也善』。倘蒙垂鑒,瑜死不朽矣!」

孫權覽畢,哭曰:「公瑾有王佐之才,今忽短命而死,孤何賴哉?既遺書特薦子敬,孤敢不從之?」既日便命魯肅為都督,總統兵馬;一面教發周瑜靈柩回葬。

1 In the last chapter it was said that a sudden rage filled the bosom of Zhou Yu, and he fell to the ground. Then he was carried to his boat. It only added to his rage and mortification to be told that Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang could be seen on the top of one of the hills apparently feasting and enjoying some music. He lay grinding his teeth with vexation.

2 "They say I shall never be able to get Yizhou! But I will---I swear I will."

3 Soon after Sun Quan's brother Sun Hu arrived, and Zhou Yu told him his vexations.

4 "My brother sent me to assist you," said Sun Hu.

5 Zhou Yu ordered Sun Hu to press the army forward for Yizhou, and they got to Baqiu. There they stopped, for the scouts reported large forces under Liu Bei's generals---Liu Feng and Guan Ping---barring the water route in the Great River. This failure did not make the Commander-in-Chief any calmer.

6 About this time a letter from Zhuge Liang arrived, which ran like this:

7 "Since our parting at Chaisang I have thought of you often. Now comes to me a report that you desire to take the West River Land, which I regret to say I consider impossible. The people there are strong, and the country is precipitous and defensible. Imperial Protector Liu Zhang may be weak within, but he is strong enough to defend himself.

8 "Now indeed, General, you would go far and you would render great services, yet can anyone foretell the final result? No! Not even Wu Qi the Great General could say for certain, nor could Sun Zi the Famed Strategist be sure of a successful issue. Cao Cao suffered severe defeat at the Red Cliffs. Think you he will ever cease to hope for revenge? Now if you undertake a long expedition, will he not seize the occasion to fall upon the South Land and grind it to powder? Such a deed would be more than I could bear, and I venture to warn you of the possible danger if haply you may condescend to regard it."

9 The letter made Zhou Yu feel very sorrowful, and he sighed deeply. He called for paper and ink and wrote to the Marquis of Wu.

10 Having done this, he said to his assembled officers, "I have honestly tried to do my best for our house, but my end is at hand. The number of my days is accomplished. You must continue to aid our master till his end shall be achieved-----"

11 He stopped, for he had swooned.

12 Slowly he regained consciousness; and as he looked up to heaven, he sighed heavily, "O God, since you made Zhou Yu, why did you also create Zhuge Liang?"

13 Soon after he passed away. He was only thirty-six.

14 The battle at the Red Cliffs made him famous; 
Though young in years he gained a veteran's reputation. 
Deep feeling, his music declared its intensity; 
Subtle, with excess hospitality he foiled a plot; 
Persuasive, he obtained a large gift of grain from Lu Su; 
Capable, he led an army of millions. 
Baqiu was his deathbed, there his fate met him. 
Sadly indeed they mourned him.

15 After his death his generals sent his dying memorial to the Marquis of Wu, who was most deeply affected and wept aloud at the sad tidings of his death. When Sun Quan opened the letters, he saw that Lu Su was named as the dead general's successor, This is the letter:

16 "Possessing but ordinary abilities, there was no reason why I should have been the recipient of your confidence and high office, but I have not spared myself in the leadership of the great army under my command that thereby I might prove my gratitude. Yet none can measure life, and the number of our days is ordained by fate. Before I could achieve even my poor intentions, my feeble body has failed me. I regret it without measure. I die with Cao Cao threatening and our northern borders disturbed, and with Liu Bei in your family as though you were feeding a fierce tiger. None can foretell the fate of the empire in these nervous days of stress and of peculiar anxiety for you.

17 "Lu Su is most loyal, careful in all matters and a fitting man to succeed to my office. When a person is near death, his words are wise. If I may haply retain your regard, I may die but I shall not decay."

18 "Zhou Yu should have been a king's counselor!" cried Sun Quan, amid his tears. "He has left me alas! too soon, and whom have I to lean upon? But he recommends Lu Su, and I can do nothing better than take that advice."

19 Whereupon Sun Quan appointed Lu Su to the vacant command, Commander-in-Chief. Sun Quan also saw that the coffin of his beloved general was sent to Chaisang ready for the funeral sacrifices.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,