삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 059-03 용호상박

早有人將此事報知馬超,超慌來問韓遂曰:「今日曹操陣前所言何事?」遂曰:「只訴京師舊事耳。」超曰:「安得不言軍務乎?」遂曰:「曹操不言,吾何獨言之?」超心甚疑,不言而退。

卻說曹操回寨,謂賈詡曰:「公知吾陣前對話之意否?」詡曰:「此意雖妙,尚未足間二人。某有一策,令韓,馬自相讎殺。」操問其計。賈詡曰:「馬超乃一勇夫,不識機密。丞相親筆作一書,單與韓遂,中間朦朧字樣,於要害處,自行塗抹改易,然後封送與韓遂,故意使馬超知之。超必索書來看。若看見上面要緊之處,盡皆改抹。只猜是韓遂恐超知甚機密事,自行改抹,正合著單騎會話之疑;疑則必生亂。我更暗結韓遂部下諸將,使互相離間,超可圖矣。」操曰:「此計甚妙。」隨寫書一封,將緊要處盡皆改抹,然後實封,故意多遣從人送過寨去,下了書自回。

果然有人報知馬超。超心愈疑,逕來韓遂處索書看。韓遂將書與超。超見上面有改抹字樣,問遂曰:「書上如何都改抹糊塗?」遂曰:「原書如此,不知何故。」超曰:「豈有以草稿送與人耶?必是叔父怕我知了詳細,先改抹了。」遂曰:「莫非曹操錯將草稿誤封來了。」超曰:「吾又不信。曹操是精細之人,豈有差錯?吾與叔父併力殺賊,奈何忽生異心?」遂曰:「汝若不信吾心,來日吾在陣前賺操說話,汝從陣內突出,一鎗刺殺便了。」超曰:「若如此,方見叔父真心。」

兩人約定。次日,韓遂引侯選,李堪,梁興,馬玩,楊秋,五將出陣。馬超藏在門影裡。韓遂使人到操寨前,高叫:「韓將軍請丞相攀話。」操乃令曹洪引數十騎逕出陣前與韓遂相見。馬離數步,洪馬上欠身言曰:「夜來丞相致意將軍之言,切莫有誤。」言訖便回馬。

超聽得大怒,挺鎗驟馬,便刺韓遂。五將攔住,勸解回寨。遂曰:「賢姪休疑,我無歹心。」馬超那裏肯信,恨怨而去。韓遂與五將商議曰:「這事如何解釋?」楊秋曰:「馬超倚仗勇武,常有欺凌主公之心,便勝得曹操,怎肯相讓?以某愚見,不如暗投曹公,他日不失封侯之位。」遂曰:「吾與馬騰向曾結為兄弟,安忍背之?」楊秋曰:「事已至此,不得不然。」遂曰:「誰可以通消息?」楊秋曰:「某願往。」遂乃寫一密書,遣楊秋來操寨,說投降之事。

操大喜,許封韓遂為西涼侯楊秋為西涼太守,其餘皆有官爵。約定放火為號,共謀馬超。楊秋拜辭,回見韓遂,備言其事:「約定今夜放火,裡應外合。」遂大喜,就令軍士於中軍帳後堆積乾柴,五將各懸刀劍聽候。韓遂商議,欲設宴賺請馬超,就席圖之,猶豫末決。

68 It was not long before someone told Ma Chao of this meeting, and he went over to his ally to ask about it.

69 "What was it Cao Cao came out to discuss today ?" said Ma Chao.

70 "He just recalled the old days when we were together in the capital."

71 "Did he say nothing about military matters?"

72 "Not a word; and I could not talk about them alone."

73 Ma Chao went out without a word, but he felt suspicious.

74 When Cao Cao returned to his camp, he said to Jia Xu, "Do you know why I talked with him thus publicly?"

75 "It may be an excellent idea," said Jia Xu, "but it is not sufficient simply to estrange two people. I can improve on it, and we will make them quarrel and even kill each other."

76 "What is your scheme?"

77 "Ma Chao is brave but not very astute. You write a letter with your own hand to Han Sui himself and put in it some rambling statements about some harm that is going to happen. Then blot it out and write something else. Afterwards you will send it to Han Sui, taking care that Ma Chao shall know all about it. Ma Chao will demand to read the letter, and when he sees that the important part of the letter has been changed, he will think that Han Sui has made the changes lest his secrets should leak out. This will fit into the private talk you had with Han Sui the other day, and the suspicion will grow until it has brought about trouble. I can also secretly corrupt some of Han Sui's subordinates, and get them to widen the breach. Then we can settle Ma Chao."

78 "The scheme looks excellent," said Cao Cao.

79 And he wrote the letter as suggested, and then erased and changed it, after which he sealed it securely and sent it across to Han Sui.

80 Surely enough someone told Ma Chao about the letter, which increased his doubts, and he came to Han Sui's quarters to ask to see it. Han Sui gave it to him, and the erasures and alterations struck Ma Chao at once.

81 "Why are all these alterations here?" asked he.

82 "It came like that. I do not know."

83 "Does anyone send a rough draft like this? It seems to me, Uncle, that you are afraid I shall know something or other too well, and so you have changed the wording."

84 "It must be that Cao Cao has sealed up the rough draft by mistake."

85 "I do not think so. He is a careful man and would not make such a mistake. You and I, Uncle, have been allies in trying to slay the rebel. Why are you turning against me now ?"

86 "If you doubt my word, I will tell you what you can do. Tomorrow, in full view of the army, I will get Cao Cao to come out and talk. You can hide in behind the ranks ready to kill me if I am false."

87 "That being so, I shall know that you are true, Uncle."

88 This arrangement made, next day Han Sui with five generals in his train---Li Kan, Ma Wan, Yang Qiu, Hou Xuan, and Liang Xing---rode to the front, while Ma Chao concealed himself behind the great standard. Han Sui sent over to say that he wished to speak to the Prime Minister.

89 Thereupon at his command, Cao Hong, with a train of ten horsemen rode out, advanced straight to Han Sui, leaned over to him and said, loudly enough to be heard plainly, "Last night the Prime Minister quite understood. Let there be no mistake."

90 Then without another word on either side Cao Hong rode away.

91 Ma Chao had heard. He gripped his spear and started galloping out to slay his companion in arms. But the five generals checked him and begged him to go back to camp.

92 When Han Sui saw him, he said, "Nephew, trust me, really I have no evil intentions."

93 But Ma Chao, burning with rage, went away. Then Han Sui talked over the matter with his five generals.

94 "How can this be cleared up?"

95 "Ma Chao trusts too much to his strength," said Yang Qiu. "He is always inclined to despise you, Sir. If we overcome Cao Cao, do you think he will give way to you? I think you should rather take care of your own interests, go over to the Prime Minister's side, and you will surely get rank one day."

96 "I was his father's pledged brother and could not bear to desert him," said Han Sui.

97 "It seems to me that as things have come to this pass: You simply have to now."

98 "Who would act as go-between?" asked Han Sui.

99 "I will," said Yang Qiu.

100 Then Han Sui wrote a private letter which he confided to Yang Qiu, who soon found his way over to the other camp. Cao Cao was only too pleased, and he promised that Han Sui should be made Lord of Xiliang and Yang Qiu its Governor. The other confederates should be rewarded in other ways. Then a plot was planned: When the preparations for the act of treachery were complete, a bonfire was to be lighted in Han Sui's camp, and all would try to do away with Ma Chao.

101 Yang Qiu went back and related all this to his chief, and Han Sui felt elated at the success of his overtures. A lot of wood was collected in camp at the back of his tent ready for the signal blaze, and the five generals got ready for the foul deed. It was decided that Ma Chao should be persuaded into coming to a banquet, and there they would slay him then.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,