삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 069-05 점쟁이 관로

夏侯惇押耿,韋二人至市曹。耿紀厲聲大叫曰:「曹阿瞞,吾生不能殺汝,死當作厲鬼以擊賊!」劊子手以刀搠其口,流血滿地,大罵不絕而死。韋晃以面頰頓地曰:「可恨!可恨!」咬牙皆碎而死。後人有詩讚曰:

耿紀精忠韋晃賢,
各持空手欲扶天。
誰知漢祚相將盡,
恨滿心胸喪九泉。

夏侯惇盡斬五家老小宗族,將百官解赴鄴郡。曹操於教場立紅旗於左、白旗於右,下令曰:「耿紀,韋晃等造反,放火焚許都,汝等亦有出救火者,亦有閉門不出者。如曾救火者,可立於紅旗下;如不曾救火者,可立於白旗下。」眾官自思救火者必無罪,於是多奔紅旗之下。三停內只有一停立於白旗下。操教盡拏立於紅旗下者。眾官各言無罪。操曰:「汝當時之心,非是救火,實欲助賊耳。」盡命牽出漳河邊斬之,死者三百餘員。其立於白旗下者,盡皆賞賜,仍令還許都。

時王必已被箭瘡發而死,操命厚葬之。令曹休總督御林軍馬,鍾繇為相國,華歆為御史大夫。遂定侯爵六等十八級,關西侯爵十七級,皆金印紫綬。又置關內外侯十六級,銀印龜組墨綬;五大夫十五級,銅印鐶組綬。定爵封官,朝廷又換一班人物。曹操方悟管輅火災之說,遂重賞輅。輅不受。

卻說曹洪領兵到漢中,令張郃,夏侯淵各據險要。曹洪親自進兵拒敵。時張飛自與雷同守巴西。馬兵至下辦,令吳蘭為先鋒,領軍哨出,正與曹洪軍相遇,吳蘭欲退。牙將任夔曰:「賊兵初至,若不先挫其銳氣,何顏見孟起乎﹖」於是驟馬挺槍搦曹洪戰。洪自提刀躍馬而出。交鋒三合,斬任夔於馬下,乘勢掩殺。吳蘭大敗,回見馬超。超責之曰:「汝不得吾令,何故輕敵致敗﹖」吳蘭曰:「任夔不聽吾言,故有此敗。」馬超曰:「可緊守隘口,勿與交鋒。」一面申報成都,聽候行止。

曹洪見馬超連日不出,恐有詐謀,引軍退回南鄭。張郃來見曹洪,問曰:「將軍既已斬將,如何退兵﹖」洪曰:「吾見馬超不出,恐有別謀。且我在鄴郡,聞神卜管輅有言,當於此地折一員大將。吾疑此言,故不敢輕進。」張郃大笑曰:「將軍行兵半生,今奈何信卜者之言,而惑其心哉?郃雖不才,願以本部兵取巴西。若得巴西,蜀郡易耳。」洪曰:「巴西守將張飛,非比等閒,不可輕敵。」張郃曰:「人皆怕張飛,吾視之如小兒耳!此去必擒之!」洪曰:「倘有疏失,若何﹖」郃曰:「甘當軍命。」洪勒了文狀,張郃進兵。正是:

自古驕兵多致敗,
從來輕敵少成功。

未知勝負如何,且看下文分解。

111 Xiahou Dun sent his two chief prisoners to the place of execution. They shouted against Cao Cao.

112 "Living we have failed to slay you, Cao Cao. Dead we will be malicious spirits smiting rebels in all places!"

113 The executioner smote Geng Ji on the mouth with his sword, so that the blood gushed out, but he continued to shout as long as he could.

114 Wei Huang, his fellow-conspirator, dashed his temples on the ground, crying, "How I hate him!" and ground his teeth till he broke them to fragments. And they both died of hatred and exhaustion.
115 Who can with outstretched hands uphold the sky 
Or thrones maintain by simple loyalty? 
Han's day was done; two would avert the doom, 
But failed, and carried anger to the tomb.

116 Xiahou Dun carried out his chief's orders and sent the officials he had arrested to Yejun. There Cao Cao set up two flags, one red and one white, in the drill ground and sent all the officials thither. Then he addressed them.

117 "In this late rebellion some of you went out to extinguish the fire, some of you stayed within doors. Let those who went forth to put out the fire take their stand by the red flag, and those who remained in their houses go to the white flag."

118 The officials thought within themselves, "Certainly there can be nothing wrong in trying to put out a fire," so they nearly all placed themselves under the red flag. Only about a third went to the white.

119 Then the order was given to seize all those by the red flag.

120 They protested. "We are guiltless!" cried they.

121 Cao Cao said, "At that time you intended not to put out the flames but to aid the rebels."

122 He sent them all down to River Zhang and had them put to death on the bank. There were more than three hundred victims. He rewarded those who were under the white flag and sent them to their homes in the capital.

123 Wang Bi died from his wound and was buried with great honor.

124 Cao Xiu was placed over the guards; Zhong Yao was created Prime Minister of the princedom of Wei; Hua Xin became High Minister. The occasion was taken to create six grades of the title of Lordship with three divisions each, eighteen in all. There were seventeen grades of Marquis West of the Pass. And all these had golden seals of office with purple ribbons. There were also sixteen ranks of Interior Marquis and Exterior Marquis. They had silver seals with tortoise ornaments on the back and black ribbons. There were five classes of Minister with three grades in each class. These had brass seals, with chain ornaments and ribbons. And with all these various gradations of ranks and nobility reorganized, the court was entirely reformed. There were new ranks and new people in office.

125 Cao Cao then remembered the warning about a conflagration in the capital and wished to reward Guan Lu for his prescience, but he would receive nothing.

126 Meanwhile, in East River Land, Cao Hong with an army of fifty thousand went into Hanzhong. He placed Xiahou Yuan and Zhang He in command at points of importance, while he went on to the attack. At that time Zhang Fei and Lei Tong were holding Baxi. Ma Chao marched to Xiabian and sent Wu Lan out as Van Leader to reconnoiter. He fell in with Cao Hong, and Wu Lan was going to retire. But General Ren Kui advised against this.

127 Said Ren Kui, "The enemy are newly arrived. Why not fight and take the keen edge off their pride? If we do not fight, how can we look our chief in the face when we return?"

128 So it was decided to offer battle, and Ren Kui rode out and challenged Cao Hong. The challenge was accepted, and the warriors advanced. Cao Hong cut Ren Kui down in the third encounter and pressed the advantage, and Wu Lan was beaten off. When Wu Lan returned and told Ma Chao, he was blamed.

129 "Why did you attack without orders and bring about this defeat?"

130 "It was the fault of Ren Kui, who disobeyed orders."

131 "Defend the Pass most carefully. Do not engage," said Ma Chao.

132 Ma Chao sent a report to Capital Chengdu and awaited orders for a further action. Cao Hong suspected some ruse when Ma Chao remained so long inactive, and retired to Nanzheng.

133 Here he was visited by Zhang He, who asked, "General, why did you retire after the successful attack and slaughter of one of the enemy leaders?"

134 "Seeing that Ma Chao declined to come out to fight, I suspected some ruse," replied Cao Hong. "Beside, when I was at Yejun that wonderful soothsayer, Guan Lu, foretold the loss of a leader here. I heeded what he said and so was careful."

135 Zhang He laughed, "You have been a leader of soldiers for half your life, and yet you heed the sayings of a soothsayer! I may be of small wit, but I would take Baxi with my own troops, and the possession of Baxi would be the key to the whole of Shu."

136 "The defender of Baxi is Zhang Fei," said Cao Hong. "He is no ordinary man to meet. One must be careful."

137 "All of you fear this Zhang Fei, but I do not. I look upon him as a mere nobody. I shall have to capture him this time."

138 "But if you fail, what then?"

139 "Then I shall be content to pay the penalty according to military rules."

140 Cao Hong made him put his undertaking in writing, and then Zhang He marched to the attack.

141 The proud are often defeat; 
Lightsome attacks oft fail.

142 The following chapter will tell how Zhang He fared.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,