개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20141020 Monday, October 20 2014
Job 10: What Did Satan Do To Job's Soul?

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die"

The English word "soul" is used to translate two actual words of the Holy Scriptures (English originated from the North-European Germanic family of languages many centuries after the more-ancient Hebrew and Greek languages; see The Word Of God In The Tongues Of Man).

The Hebrew word (pronounced) nay-fesh, which literally means a breathing creature (human or animal). Along with "soul," it is variously translated as life, person, mind, heart, creature, body, himself, yourselves, dead, will, desire, man, themselves and appetite.

The Greek word (pronounced) psoo-kay, which literally means life's breath or breathing (see Giving Up The Ghost). Along with "soul," it is also translated as life, mind and heart.

According to God's Word, a "soul" is a living, breathing creature that eventually dies (see What Does The Bible Really Say About Your Soul?; also The Healing Of A Soul At The Beautiful Gate). Nowhere does the Holy Bible say that the "soul" is immortal; quite the contrary, souls are subject to death. The true meaning of "soul" was physical, not something spiritual. The "immortal soul" myth originated in pagan religions - not in reality (see also Resurrection and Reincarnation: What's The Difference?).

"2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7 KJV)

"18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:4 KJV)

"5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death" (James 5:20 KJV)

The English word "soul" itself originated from an Old English word, sawel, that meant an age, as in a lifetime. Whether coincidence or not, that Anglo-Saxon word sounds very much like the Biblical Hebrew word, pronounced sheol, that referred to the place where physical creatures return after they have lived their lives (see also The Eighth Day: Empty Cemeteries). Both words are based upon that reality, that is described throughout the Holy Scriptures.

"3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." (Genesis 3:19 KJV)

"146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." (Psalm 146:4 KJV)

Satan's attack upon Job was indeed targeted on his "soul" - his body and where he lived his physical life (see How Did The Devil Challenge Job To Commit A Satan? and What Was In The Heart Of Job's Tabernacle?). Using the actual original word, Job knew exactly what his "soul" really was, for "My soul is weary of my life" and "I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?" At the same time, Job knew when his life of spirit would begin (see Job's Prophecy Of The Resurrection and the Fact Finder question below).

"10:1 My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

10:2 I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; shew me wherefore thou contendest with me. 10:3 Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked?

10:4 Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth? 10:5 Are thy days as the days of man? are thy years as man's days, 10:6 That thou enquirest after mine iniquity, and searchest after my sin?

10:7 Thou knowest that I am not wicked; and there is none that can deliver out of thine hand. 10:8 Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me. 10:9 Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?

10:10 Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese? 10:11 Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

10:13 And these things hast thou hid in thine heart: I know that this is with thee. 10:14 If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity. 10:15 If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction; 10:16 For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me. 10:17 Thou renewest thy witnesses against me, and increasest thine indignation upon me; changes and war are against me.

10:18 Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! 10:19 I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave. 10:20 Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, 10:21 Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death; 10:22 A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness." (Job 10:1-22 KJV)

Fact Finder: How did man "become a living soul"?
See Adam and Adamah and The Spirit Of The Mountains

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,