개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20141126 Wednesday, November 26 2014
Psalm 005: The Morning Blessing

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up"

The English word "morning" originated from an Old English and Anglo-Saxon word, morwent, that meant to glimmer. It was used as an expression for the first light of the day.

"Morning" is used to translate the Hebrew word, pronounced boh-ker, which although having originated from a Hebrew word that meant to bless, referred to the dawn of the day. It's not difficult to understand why the ancient people regarded the coming of light after a night of darkness as a blessing.

Jacob (see the entire series of studies beginning with A Biography Of Jacob: The Second Twin) used the deeper meaning of those words when the LORD changed his name to Israel i.e. "for the day breaketh ... I will not let thee go, except thou bless me" (see The Origin Of Israel).

"32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name?

And he said, Jacob.

32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." (Genesis 32:28 KJV)

The apostle Peter used the same depth of terminology in his epistles (see 1 Peter: Be Not Lords Over God's Heritage and 2 Peter: 'The Servants Of Corruption Promise Liberty').

"1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts" (2 Peter 1:19 KJV)

King David (see Israel In History and Prophecy: King David) recognized how those who turn to the Way of the LORD will "be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain."

"23:1 Now these be the last words of David.

David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,

23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue. 23:3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. 23:4 And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain." (2 Samuel 23:1-4 KJV)

The Psalms of David were prophecies and prayers of faith (see David's Prayer) by a man who knew which light (see the Fact Finder question below) to follow.

"5:1 To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David.

Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. 5:2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

5:7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. 5:10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee. 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield." (Psalm 5:1-12 KJV)

Fact Finder: Why must we nevertheless be very careful about what "morning light" we follow?
See Who Lights Your Walk?

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,