개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20141202 Tuesday, December 2 2014
Psalm 011: The Refuge From Violence

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the Law"

The English word "violence" originated from a Latin word, violatum, that meant to injure or to transgress. While the word is commonly-used today to refer to an act of physical force or injury, almost anyone or anything can be violated - without necessarily any physical force at all. Those who merely claim to be Christian, while doing whatever they please, are doing "violence to the law" - regardless of how seemingly peaceful they are when they do it (see Why Call Me, Lord, Lord, and Do Not The Things Which I Say? and Ungodly Men Who Turn Grace Into Lawlessness; also Truly Uplifting and The Most High).

"3:4 Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law." (Zephaniah 3:4 KJV)

"30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: 30:11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us." (Isaiah 30:9-11 KJV)

"11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV)

The Law of the LORD (see Freedom By The Law) is a refuge, not only from the foolish delusions and life-wasting that "violence to the Law" always produces, but it's also a refuge from the wrath that is coming upon those who violate the Word of God. That "violence" will be to enforce the Way of Life, not to violate it (see Psalm 2: The Messiah's Rod Of Iron).

"16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. 16:20 Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods? 16:21 Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD." (Jeremiah 16:19-21 KJV)

The Law of the LORD isn't about man-made "religion" (see Will Jesus Christ Obey Your Christian Religion?). It's the means by which the deliverance to the ultimate place of refuge will happen. There will be no "violence" in the Kingdom of God (see The Constitution Of The Kingdom Of God).

"6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 KJV)

"21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:6-8 KJV)

King David was a righteous man who was righteous because he took refuge in the Law of the LORD (see Psalm 10: The Righteous Don't Fear The Reaper). David lived his life according to the sure knowledge that "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

"11:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.

In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? 11:2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. 11:6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

11:7 For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright." (Psalm 11:1-7 KJV)

Fact Finder: What did David know about how the LORD gives refuge to the righteous?
See David's Prayer, The Morning Blessing and Truly Uplifting

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,