개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20140128 Wednesday, January 28 2015
Psalm 068: Are There Really Harps And Clouds In Heaven?

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"The Son of man came with the clouds of heaven ... having the harps of God"

There is a popular fantasy about people going to heaven and playing a harp while sitting on a cloud. None of that is actually in the Word of God, but heavenly harps and clouds are otherwise real.

When the Messiah returned to heaven (see What Happened When The Messiah Arrived In Heaven?), He was welcomed at The Throne of God (see The Patriotism Prophecy) by a great multitude of spirit beings - some of whom sang the Messiah's new song (see also The New Song Of The Messiah) to the sound of the harps that they played.

"5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth." (Revelation 5:6-10 KJV)

After the Messiah's return to Earth (see also What Did Jesus Christ Prophesy About Earth?), those of the first resurrection (see What Will Happen On Your Next Birthday?) will also sing the Messiah's victory song, to the sound of "the harps of God" that they will be given.

"15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest." (Revelation 15:2-4 KJV)

What about clouds in heaven?

At the "Transfiguration" (see The Moses And Elijah Vision) God spoke to Peter, James and John from "a bright cloud," saying "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him."

"17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him." (Matthew 17:1-5 KJV)

After His Sacrifice (see The Sacrifice Was Given, Not Taken), the Messiah ascended to heaven in a cloud. The apostles were told at that time that He would return in the same way.

"1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." (Acts 1:9-11 KJV)

The prophet Daniel (see the study series for the prophet Daniel from The Prophet Daniel: The Seventy Weeks) was also given to see the Messiah's return to The Throne of God. He left Earth in a "cloud" (the verses above) and He arrived "with the clouds of heaven."

"7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14 KJV)

Even before His Crucifixion (see The Crucifixion), the Messiah prophesied that He would return "in a cloud." The Messiah reiterated it, after His return to heaven, to the apostle John in the Book of Revelation (see Revelation: Thy Kingdom Come).

"21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21:27-28 KJV)

"1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: ... 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." (Revelation 1:1,7 KJV)

The Messiah is going to return upon a "cloud" (see What Happens After The Messiah Returns?).

"14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped." (Revelation 14:14-16 KJV)

"19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:11-16 KJV)

King David was also a prophet (see the Fact Finder question below) - as it happened, a harp-playing prophet, who well-knew of the clouds of heaven i.e. "his strength is in the clouds".

"68:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm or Song of David.

Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. 68:2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. 68:3 But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.

68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. 68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. 68:6 God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

68:7 O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness; Selah: 68:8 The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel. 68:9 Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary. 68:10 Thy congregation hath dwelt therein: thou, O God, hast prepared of thy goodness for the poor.

68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it. 68:12 Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that tarried at home divided the spoil. 68:13 Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold. 68:14 When the Almighty scattered kings in it, it was white as snow in Salmon.

68:15 The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan. 68:16 Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever. 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

68:20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto GOD the Lord belong the issues from death. 68:21 But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses. 68:22 The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea: 68:23 That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same.

68:24 They have seen thy goings, O God; even the goings of my God, my King, in the sanctuary. 68:25 The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; among them were the damsels playing with timbrels. 68:26 Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel. 68:27 There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the princes of Judah and their council, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali.

68:28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us. 68:29 Because of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee. 68:30 Rebuke the company of spearmen, the multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the people, till every one submit himself with pieces of silver: scatter thou the people that delight in war. 68:31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

68:32 Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah: 68:33 To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice. 68:34 Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds. 68:35 O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people.

Blessed be God." (Psalm 68:1-35 KJV)

Fact Finder: What are some of the prophecies about the return of Jesus Christ that were recorded by King David in the Psalms?
See The Messiah's Rod Of Iron, The Righteous Don't Fear The Reaper, Your Life Preserver, David's View Of Hell Fire and Paradise and David's Resurrection Prophecy

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,