개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150224 Tuesday, February 24 2015
Psalm 094: How Is The LORD's Vengeance Different?

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, saith the LORD"

The English-language words "avenge," "revenge," "vengeance" and "vindicate" all originated from a single Latin word, vindicare, which ultimately meant to prove what, or who, is right. Those words are used to translate the Hebrew word of the Holy Scriptures, pronounced naw-kawm, which has an identical meaning - a powerful force to prove right.

Humans typically seek "revenge" on a purely emotional level i.e. anger and grief. All too often, in the carnal world of now, it's simply a matter of "might makes right" - whether it's truly right or not.

The LORD on the other hand, while also using the principle of "might makes right," is always right. The LORD's well-known "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" isn't merely about manifest anger; it's about revealing Truth, and those of the Truth, in a way that cannot be denied. In the mean time, the LORD's people need only stand clear of those to whom the lesson will be delivered.

"12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:17-21 KJV)

The LORD's vindication of those who have chosen to repent and truly obey Him (the way is open to everyone, everywhere, in their due time) is surely coming. When all is done, it will be delivered, all at once, once and for all, at the same time.

"4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." (Malachi 4:1-6 KJV)

The Psalms are a treasury of prayers (e.g. see David's Prayer and When Does God Listen To Prayer?), history (e.g. see Who Invented Camouflage? and What Are Gentiles Doing In Israel?), prophecy (e.g. see David's Resurrection Prophecy and King David's Zion Prophecy) and Christian living (e.g. see The LORD Is My Shepherd and How Are Your Sins Covered?).

The writers of the Psalms consistently expressed the knowledge of, and the looking forward to, the Day of the LORD's vengeance when not only will they be vindicated, but the source of all hostility toward the Truth will be obliterated forever (see the Fact Finder question below).

"94:1 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself. 94:2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth: render a reward to the proud. 94:3 LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?

94:4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves? 94:5 They break in pieces thy people, O LORD, and afflict thine heritage. 94:6 They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless. 94:7 Yet they say, The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.

94:8 Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise? 94:9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? 94:10 He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? 94:11 The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

94:12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law; 94:13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked. 94:14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance. 94:15 But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.

94:16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? 94:17 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. 94:18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. 94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

94:20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law? 94:21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. 94:22 But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge. 94:23 And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the LORD our God shall cut them off." (Psalm 94:1-23 KJV)

Fact Finder: When will the source of all lies and rebellion be put away forever?
See Putting Away Satan's Goat; also How Does Satan Impersonate Jesus Christ?

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,