개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150302 Monday, March 2 2015
Psalm 100: Court In History and Prophecy

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works ... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire"

The English-language words "court" and "courtyard," originated from a compound Latin word, cohortis, which meant an enclosed, uncovered area i.e. a public venue where everything could be seen and heard. "Court" now has many applied meanings, ranging from a frivolous tennis court, to a dignified court of law. The word courteous, meaning respectful and polite, also developed from the manners of court.

While some courts of law around the world are still held in open courtyards, many are now conducted within a court building - although still open to the public, thereby maintaining the original principle. Even dictatorial regimes tend to have open courts, not as a democratic principle (political democracy was invented by the ancient Greeks; "democracy" is from a Greek word, pronounced demo-kratia, that meant people power), but as a means to warn people what will happen to them if they defy their fellow citizens (or an invader; see also The King Of Earth) who have become the "government" (see also The Government). It was the primary reason that Roman crucifixions were public spectacles.

In earlier times, "court" (the place became a term for the legal proceedings there) was commonly held in open, but walled, places where kings and judges gave their rulings for public matters. Courts, or courtyards, were not always where apparent justice was done however. The Messiah was "convicted" in such a court, while a another political prisoner (from the Roman perspective, Jesus of Nazareth was a political threat i.e. "Art thou the King of the Jews" and "We have no king but Caesar") was set free (see Why Did They Want A Murderer Released Instead Of Jesus?).

"27:11 And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews?

And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

27:12 And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing. 27:13 Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee? 27:14 And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.

27:15 Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would. 27:16 And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas. 27:17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? 27:18 For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

27:19 When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

27:20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

27:21 The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you?

They said, Barabbas.

27:22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?

They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

27:23 And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done?

But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.

27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

27:26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified." (Matthew 27:11-26 KJV)

According to the specific instructions given by the LORD, the Tabernacle had a "court" as the entrance to the Most Holy Place (see also The Holy Place In History And Prophecy). The Tabernacle was, in effect, a stage play of prophecy. It was the Messiah Who gave the instructions for how to build it (see The Identity Of The LORD God) and everything done there was about the step-by-step process of Christian salvation that is now in progress (e.g. see Unleavened Bread: Why Observe The True Christian Holy Days? and The Christian Day Of Atonement: Past, Present and Future).

Those who truly repent and genuinely follow and obey the LORD (rather than just using His Name for their self-religions; see Toy Bibles and Will Jesus Christ Obey Your Christian Religion?; also Why Call Me, Lord, Lord, and Do Not The Things Which I Say?) have no fear of their "day in court." The judgment of the arrogant will however be another matter.

"4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts. 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." (Malachi 4;1-6 KJV)

"20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:11-15 KJV)

Many of the Psalms are prophecies of the coming Judgment that will vindicate the righteous and deliver to the evil what is due to them (e.g. see Psalm 98: How Will Jesus Christ Judge The Earth?). So too this Psalm that joyously proclaims "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."

"100:1 A Psalm of praise.

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." (Psalm 100:1-5 KJV)

Fact Finder: What did the LORD say about "gates"?
See The Messiah's Teachings About Gates

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,