개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150305 Thursday, March 5 2015
Psalm 103: Dust In The Wind

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"He remembereth that we are dust ... For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone"

The English-language word "dust" originated from an Anglo-Saxon word, duist, that meant vapour - referring to how dust can appear the same as water vapour. By no coincidence, the very same terminology is used in Genesis when the first human was created from the water and "dust" of the Earth (see also The Thinker From The Soil and Adam and Adamah).

"2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:2-7 KJV)

"Dust" is now generally defined as "fine, dry particles of Earth or other matter, so attenuated that they may be raised and wafted by the wind" (The Consolidated Webster Encyclopedic Dictionary) - a definition that perfectly matches the Biblical meaning.

"Dust" is used to translate the Hebrew word, pronounced aw-fawr, which means fine particles of Earth, including ashes. From the Biblical perspective "dust and ashes" are different forms of the same elemental substances. The righteous people of the LORD knew that (see also The Identity Of The LORD God).

"18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes" (Genesis 18:27 KJV)

When humans die, they return to dust and ashes. Burial and cremation have the very same result - one is merely faster than the other. Both are acceptable in the eyes of the LORD (e.g. see Jacob's Mummy and Isaac: Rising From The Ashes).

Humans return to the dust from which they came. The creation of life from "dust" will however, just as it did with the first human, be done again by means of the resurrection of the dead.

Those of the first resurrection will be resurrected to spirit (see What Will Happen On Your Next Birthday?), while those of the later resurrection will be returned to physical life (see The Eighth Day: Empty Cemeteries). Note that, in the physical resurrection, it won't be a matter of having the old physical body return to life, but rather creating a new body that will be the same as the one that was returned to dust.

"15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain" (1 Corinthians 15:35 KJV)

"37:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 37:6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD." (Ezekiel 37:5-6 KJV)

King David very-well understood the origin of life from "dust" and the return to life from "dust" (see David's Resurrection Prophecy). The righteous will be given eternal life (see What Does Mercy Really Mean? and Leaving The Soul Behind), while the arrogant ones who refuse to repent and truly obey the LORD will then be rendered into ash for all of eternity ("4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts" Malachi 4:3 KJV).

"103:1 A Psalm of David.

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

103:6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel. 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. 103:9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. 103:10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

103:11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

103:13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. 103:14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. 103:15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. 103:16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; 103:18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

103:19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

103:20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. 103:21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. 103:22 Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul." (Psalm 103:1-22 KJV)

Fact Finder: Why is physical death a postponement - so that all will be "born" again at the same time?
See The Postponement Of Death and What Was The Lesson Of John 3:16?

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,