개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150311 Wednesday, March 11 2015
Psalm 109: What Does Peace Really Mean?

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Of the increase of His Government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever"

The English-language word "peace" originated from a Latin word, pax, that meant to agree. Although the original definition seems innocuous, the word is perhaps best-known from Pax Romana, meaning the Peace of Rome. To the ancient Romans, "peace" was when they killed or imprisoned all of their "enemies" i.e. the people who fought to defend their countries from Roman invasion and rule. To the Romans, "peace" meant endless war of annihilation or domination to maintain an insatiable empire. The Messiah was Crucified by that malignant Pax Romana (see A History Of Jerusalem: Pompey And The Caesars and A History Of Jerusalem: The Herodian Dynasty).

What does "peace" actually mean in the Holy Scriptures? The Roman / English word "peace" is used to translate a number of Hebrew words, primarily:

The Hebrew word, pronounced shaw-lowm, which means happy, healthy, friendly, prosperity. "Shalom" is still very prevalent today as a customary Hebrew greeting or farewell. Example:

"4:18 And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law, and said unto him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren which are in Egypt, and see whether they be yet alive.

And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace." (Exodus 4:18 KJV)

The Hebrew word, pronounced khaw-rawsh, which means to be silent. Example:

"18:36 But the people held their peace, and answered him not a word: for the king's commandment was, saying, Answer him not." (2 Kings 18:36 KJV)

The Hebrew word, pronounced sheh-lem, which means thankful. Example:

"20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee. (Exodus 20:24 KJV)

King David was a man of war, from which he built an empire (see King David's Empire), but he first sought the Biblical meaning of peace whereby enemies did not exist because they chose to be at peace with the LORD, as David was at peace with the LORD. That principle is found throughout the Bible, including the famous "swords into plowshares":

"4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4:3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (Micah 4:2-3 KJV).

It's only after a Satanic rejection of peace with the LORD that wrath comes (see also Why Love A Dictator?).

"109:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.

Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise; 109:2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. 109:3 They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. 109:4 For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer. 109:5 And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love. 109:6 Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand. 109:7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin. 109:8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office. 109:9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. 109:10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. 109:11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour. 109:12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children. 109:13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out. 109:14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out. 109:15 Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

109:16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart. 109:17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. 109:19 Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually. 109:20 Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

109:21 But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me. 109:22 For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. 109:23 I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust. 109:24 My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness. 109:25 I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.

109:26 Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy: 109:27 That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it. 109:28 Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice. 109:29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

109:30 I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude. 109:31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul." (Psalm 109:1-31 KJV)

Fact Finder: Jerusalem means city of peace. When will Jerusalem be at peace?
See Salem In History And Prophecy

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,