개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150319 Thursday, March 19 2015
Psalm 117: The Messiah's Prophecies About All Nations

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise Him, all ye people"

The Messiah's driving out of the peddlers and bankers from the Temple (see also What Does The Bible Say About Lucre?) is one of the most well-known events of His Ministry. Notice carefully His stated reason for doing so: "My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer, but ye have made it a den of thieves."

"11:15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; 11:16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves." (Mark 11:15-17 KJV)

The Messiah was actually quoting a prophecy that He gave to the prophet Isaiah long before He was born as a human (see The Identity Of The LORD God and Isaiah: Visions Of The Messiah).

"56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." (Isaiah 56:6-7 KJV)

Among the final instructions that the Messiah gave to the twelve apostles (and why Paul, "the apostle to the Gentiles" was called shortly thereafter; see The Apostle To The Gentiles) was to teach all nations what the Messiah had taught them.

"28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:18-20 KJV)

Along with the instructions came a warning to expect the same resistance to the Truth from "all nations" as happens with many of those who already claim to be the people of the LORD - while doing whatever they please in His Name (see Why Call Me, Lord, Lord, and Do Not The Things Which I Say? and Will Jesus Christ Obey Your Christian Religion?).

"24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24:9-14 KJV)

"Israel" was created from the people of "all nations" (see the Fact Finder below) just as the Kingdom of God (see The Patriotism Prophecy) will be created from all nations - repentant and obedient people from all nations. When He returns, the Messiah will judge the people of all nations ("before him shall be gathered all nations") from which those who choose to obey Him will "inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (see Sheep From The Goats).

"25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." (Matthew 25:31-34 KJV)

Psalm 117 is sometimes referred to as "the shortest chapter," but it is no less a proclamation of the Messiah's Will than any other: "O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people."

"117:1 O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. 117:2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD." (Psalm 117:1-2 KJV)

Fact Finder: What right do "gentiles" have in "Israel"?
See What Are Gentiles Doing In Israel?

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,