개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150417 Friday, April 17 2015
Psalm 140: The First Civil War

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man; Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war"

The greatest joy in life, physical or spiritual, comes from the awareness that God really exists and that His Way is absolutely right. Among the second-greatest joys of life (everything is second to the awareness that God really exists that His Way is absolutely right) is the awareness that saving life, human or animal, is far better and personally-satisfying than destroying a life. That, in itself, is the primary difference between the good Way of the LORD and the loser ways of Satan. God delivers and conserves construction, while the spirit-of-liberals Satan looks only to pervert, tear down and destroy (see also Iniquity In History And Prophecy).

The universe and the Earth were created in peace (see The Christian Universe). There were no enemies or criminals anywhere. There was only a united spiritual Kingdom of God.

"38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7 KJV)

The Paradise that God created changed when a formerly-righteous angel ("Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God ... Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee") became a rebel (see What Is Satan's Real Name?) and the first "foreign" leader ("foreign" means far reign i.e. a country led by some other leader).

The Devil's rebellion began as a Civil War within the Kingdom of God, that then escalated into a world war when he declared his stolen territory independent within God's Kingdom i.e. within the created universe. Satan was cast down to the Earth where he still, for now, sits as the ruler of "all the kingdoms of this world."

"28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee." (Ezekiel 28:13-17 KJV)

"14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." (Isaiah 14:12-14 KJV)

"4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me." (Matthew 4:8-9 KJV)

When the LORD returns (see The Identity Of The LORD God) , Satan will be put away (see Putting Away Satan's Goat) - and with him the spirit that lusts to make war against all other living creatures. The Devil's days of destruction are numbered.

"4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4:3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (Micah 4:1-3 KJV)

"11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:6-9 KJV)

The peace will be so pure that even memories will be peaceful. All things and people who chose not to be good will be rendered as though they never existed.

"65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." (Isaiah 65:17 KJV)

The shepherd David was forced to be a mighty warrior; he never sought war.

David never sought to fight predators in order to save the life of his sheep and himself (1 Samuel 17:34-35). David never sought the Philistines to attack and occupy the land of Judah, from which David killed the arrogant warlord Goliath (see The Battle Of David And Goliath). David never sought to fight a war against his own rebel son - who would have killed his father if he could have (see The Treason Of Absalom and The Fall Of The Rebel Prince). David was forced to fight the Israelite Civil War - while refusing to kill Saul, the opposing king (see the Fact Finder question below).

Over and over and over David fought to win wars that he didn't want or start. Righteous David's goal was always to restore peace, not merely to conquer and destroy, like Satan - the loser of every war that he ever "won."

"140:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.

Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man; 140:2 Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war. 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.

140:4 Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings. 140:5 The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.

140:6 I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD. 140:7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle. 140:8 Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.

140:9 As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them. 140:10 Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again. 140:11 Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.

140:12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor. 140:13 Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence." (Psalm 140:1-13 KJV)

Fact Finder: Why did David refuse to kill Saul?
See Why Didn't David Kill Saul?

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,