개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150423 Thursday, April 23 2015
Psalm 146: The Passover To Pentecost Connection

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Touch Me not; for I am not yet ascended to My Father"

When the Messiah died on the Cross (see Nisan 14: The Day That The Messiah Was Crucified), He really was dead. If He wasn't dead, there wouldn't have been a resurrection from the dead.

The Romans knew a dead body when they saw one ("they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already"), but they also left nothing to chance. They inflicted a fist-sized wound (as later shown to the apostles: "20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side" John 20:27 KJV), that itself would have been a fatal wound, to the Messiah's dead body anyway ("one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water"). The Messiah was dead when His body was placed in the Tomb.

"19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. 19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. 19:32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. 19:33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. 19:35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced." (John 19:28-37 KJV)

The Messiah remained dead in the Tomb for the required three days and three nights. It was from His death that He was resurrected. While He later that day allowed the apostles to touch Him, the first person to speak with Him after His resurrection, Mary of Magdala, was told not to touch Him in the early morning because He hadn't yet ascended to heaven (that day was the first day of the counting of 50 days to Pentecost; to understand the meaning of the "wave sheaf" and the counting to Pentecost, see the Fact Finder question below).

"20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

20:18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord." (John 20:17-20 KJV)

The timing of the Messiah's ascension to heaven was based upon Pentecost (see the Fact Finder question below).

"1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." (Acts 1:1-5 KJV)

Exactly as the Messiah had told them, the Holy Spirit came upon them in great measure on Pentecost, after the Messiah's deliverance of the Sacrifice had been made (see Who Sits At The Right Hand Of God?).

"2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." (Acts 2:1-4 KJV)

King David had an amazing understanding of Christianity - much more than many Christians do today. But he shared his understanding by recording much of it in the Psalms. David understood death and resurrection (see Leaving The Soul Behind and David's Resurrection Prophecy) and heaven and hell fire (see David's View Of Hell Fire and Paradise) - and thereby the actual meaning of the true Christian Holy Days.

"146:1 Praise ye the LORD.

Praise the LORD, O my soul. 146:2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: 146:6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever: 146:7 Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners: 146:8 The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

146:9 The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down. 146:10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD." (Proverbs 146:1-10 KJV)

Fact Finder: How is the correct counting of Pentecost a portrayal of the Messiah's fulfillment of Pentecost?
See Pentecost: The Christian Feast Of Weeks

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,