개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20150426 Sunday, April 26 2015
Psalm 149: What Does Saint Really Mean?

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"Sing unto the LORD a new song, and His praise in the congregation of saints"

The English-language word "saint" originated from a Latin word, sanctus, that meant chosen to be set apart. The words sanctuary, sanctified and sanction all began from the same root word as saint.

As is often the case, a single word, "saint," is used to translate a number of the actual Hebrew and Greek words of the Holy Scriptures.

The Hebrew word, pronounced kaw-doshe, that means morally separate (see Strait And Straight and What Does The Bible Say About Perverts?).

Example:

"14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives [see Zechariah: He Shall Stand Upon The Mount Of Olives], which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints [kaw-doshe, that means morally separate] with thee." (Zechariah 14:4-5 KJV)

The Hebrew word, pronounced koh-desh, that means a holy group.

Example:

"33:2 And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints [koh-desh, that means a holy group]: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. 33:3 Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words." (Deuteronomy 33:2-3 KJV)

The Hebrew word, pronounced kaw-seed, that means granted mercy (see What Does Mercy Really Mean?).

Example:

"6:41 Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength: let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness." (2 Chronicles 6:41 KJV)

The Greek word, pronounced hag-ee-ohss, that means morally blameless (again, see What Does Mercy Really Mean?).

Example:

"1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 1:5-7 KJV)

By the Word of God, "saint" means anyone who is made set apart by actual repentance and genuine obedience to the Commands of the LORD (see The LORD God Our Saviour). It is not a man-made and man-serving title for those who rank highly in the man-made religions of the world as it still is at present (see Why Call Me, Lord, Lord, and Do Not The Things Which I Say? and Iniquity In History And Prophecy).

It will in fact be the false "saints" of the as-yet deceived people of the "Babylon" churches of this world (see How Does Satan Impersonate Jesus Christ?) who will be leading the great tribulation against the true saints for the "crime" of actually following the LORD - before the deliverance of the true saints happens on the day of the Messiah's return (see The Harvests Of Salvation and What Will Your First Day In Heaven Be Like?).

"17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth." (Revelation 17:3-9 KJV)

"13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Revelation 13:4-8 KJV)

"14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them." (Revelation 14:12-13 KJV)

King David was a saint according to the actual Biblical definition (see also David's View From The Cross). Many of his Psalms were composed to sing "His praise in the congregation of saints" (see also A Song Of Degrees and The Songs Of Asaph).

"149:1 Praise ye the LORD.

Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

149:2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King. 149:3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp. 149:4 For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. 149:5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; 149:7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; 149:8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; 149:9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints.

Praise ye the LORD." (Psalm 149:1-9 KJV)

Fact Finder: What is meant by "Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints" (Psalm 149:1 KJV)?
See The New Song Of The Messiah; also Singing In History And Prophecy

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,