개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20151108 Sunday, November 8 2015
Ezekiel 15: The Parable Of The Vine Tree

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned"

The Messiah's parable of the vine and its branches is one of the most familiar to readers of the Holy Bible (see also Israel In History and Prophecy: The Messiah).

"15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." (John 15:1-6 KJV)

It was not the first time that the Messiah used the parable. First, keep in mind that the LORD God was born as the Messiah (see The Identity Of The LORD God and The LORD God Our Saviour).

"1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-3,14 KJV)

"20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage." (Exodus 20:1 KJV)

"10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:-4 KJV)

The LORD spoke the very same parable in the time of Ezekiel. As a further yet-future prophetic lesson of it however, the LORD brought about the burning of the "corrupt" vines at that time.

"15:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

15:2 Son of man, What is the vine tree more than any tree, or than a branch which is among the trees of the forest? 15:3 Shall wood be taken thereof to do any work? or will men take a pin of it to hang any vessel thereon?

15:4 Behold, it is cast into the fire for fuel; the fire devoureth both the ends of it, and the midst of it is burned. Is it meet for any work? 15:5 Behold, when it was whole, it was meet for no work: how much less shall it be meet yet for any work, when the fire hath devoured it, and it is burned?

15:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 15:7 And I will set my face against them; they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall devour them; and ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them. 15:8 And I will make the land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, saith the Lord GOD." (Ezekiel 15:1-8 KJV)

Fact Finder: What is going to happen when the harvests of salvation begin?
See The Harvests Of Salvation and Let Both Grow Together Until The Harvest

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,