개역한글성경 구약. , , , , , , , 룻, 삼상, 삼하, 왕상, 왕하, 대상, 대하, , 느, , 욥, , 잠, , 아, , 렘, , 겔, , 호, , 암, , 욘, , 나, , 습, , 슥,

20160917 Saturday, September 17 2016
2 Timothy 01: The Churches Of Turkey In History And Prophecy

by Wayne Blank
See also 1 Year Holy Bible Reading Plan

"I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea"

"Timothy" is the English-language rendering of the Greek name "Timotheos" (pronounced tee-moth-eh-us - keeping in mind that the Greek alphabet is very different from the Roman, or Latin, alphabet that is used by the English-speaking world; see also The Apostle Paul's Gramma). It literally means honoring God, or dear to God - a very appropriate name for the young man who became closely associated with the apostle Paul before continuing on in his own right as an apostle of the LORD (see also Disciples, Ministers, Apostles, Prophets).

Timothy's mother Eunice and his grandmother Lois were Jews (see also Jews - Three Tribes and Three Meanings) who were known for their sincere faithfulness to the LORD (2 Timothy 1:5). Little is written of Timothy's father, except that he was a Greek (Acts 16:1).

Timothy was from Lystra (Acts 16:1) in "Asia Minor," which known today as Turkey (Paul was born in Tarsus - Paul and Timothy were both Turkish; see also The Return Of The Home Town Apostles). In the time of Paul and Timothy, Turkey was a Roman dominion.

Timothy is first mentioned during Paul's second visit to Lystra (Acts 16:1-2), where he was apparently converted during Paul's earlier visit there (1 Timothy 1:2, 2 Timothy 3:11). Paul certainly thought highly of him, calling him "my true son in the faith" (1 Timothy 1:2).

Some of the most famous church congregations of Bible history were located in Turkey e.g. Myra, Colossae (see Colossians 1: Who Is The Head Of Your Church?), Antioch in Pisidia, Miletus, Assos and Derbe - among many others.

As well, the Book of Revelation was written by the apostle John as he was being held by the Roman military on Patmos - an island just off the coast of Turkey. The Book of Revelation, as dictated by Jesus Christ to the apostle John, was itself written to seven more church congregations in Turkey - Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea (see the Fact Finder question below).

Paul's second epistle to Timothy documents how some stood with Paul during his trials (e.g. "The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me"), while others ran away (e.g. "This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes").

"1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

1:2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son:

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

1:3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; 1:4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

1:16 The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: 1:17 But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. 1:18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well." (2 Timothy 1:1-18 KJV)

Fact Finder: What was the LORD's prophetic purpose of writing the Book of Revelation to those particular seven church congregations in Turkey?
See Where Are The Seven Churches Of Revelation Today?

개역한글성경 신약. , , , , , 롬, 고전, 고후, , 엡, , 골, 살전, 살후, 딤전, 딤후, , 몬, , 약, 벧전, 벧후, 요일, 요이, 요삼, 유,