Song of Solomon Chapter 05 Matthew Henry Commentary Concise

Christ's answer. (1)
The disappointments of the church from her own folly. (2-8)
The excellences of Christ. (9-16)

Verse 1 See how ready Christ is to accept the invitations of his people. What little good there is in us would be lost, if he did not preserve it to himself. He also invites his beloved people to eat and drink abundantly. The ordinances in which they honour him, are means of grace.

○아5:1 시련을 겪는 결혼 초기
  아5:1 신부의 꿈
아 5:1 나의 누이,나의 신부야 내가 내 동산에 들어와서 나의 몰약과 향재료를 거두고 나의 꿀송이와 꿀을 먹고 내 포도주와 내 젖을 마셨으니 나의 친구들아 먹으라 나의 사랑하는 사람들아 마시고 많이 마시라 

Verses 2-8 Churches and believers, by carelessness and security, provoke Christ to withdraw. We ought to notice our spiritual slumbers and distempers. Christ knocks to awaken us, knocks by his word and Spirit, knocks by afflictions and by our consciences; thus, ( Revelation 3:20 ) . When we are unmindful of Christ, still he thinks of us. Christ's love to us should engage ours to him, even in the most self-denying instances; and we only can be gainers by it. Careless souls put slights on Jesus Christ. Another could not be sent to open the door. Christ calls to us, but we have no mind, or pretend we have no strength, or we have no time, and think we may be excused. Making excuses is making light of Christ. Those put contempt upon Christ, who cannot find in their hearts to bear a cold blast, or to leave a warm bed for him. See the powerful influences of Divine grace. He put in his hand to unbolt the door, as one weary of waiting. This betokens a work of the Spirit upon the soul. The believer's rising above self-indulgence, seeking by prayer for the consolations of Christ, and to remove every hinderance to communion with him; these actings of the soul are represented by the hands dropping sweet-smelling myrrh upon the handles of the locks. But the Beloved was gone! By absenting himself, Christ will teach his people to value his gracious visits more highly. Observe, the soul still calls Christ her Beloved. Every desertion is not despair. Lord, I believe, though I must say, Lord, help my unbelief. His words melted me, yet, wretch that I was, I made excuses. The smothering and stifling of convictions will be very bitter to think of, when God opens our eyes. The soul went in pursuit of him; not only prayed, but used means, sought him in the ways wherein he used to be found. The watchmen wounded me. Some refer it to those who misapply the word to awakened consciences. The charge to the daughters of Jerusalem, seems to mean the distressed believer's desire of the prayers of the feeblest Christian. Awakened souls are more sensible of Christ's withdrawings than of any other trouble.

아 5:2 내가 잘지라도 마음은 깨었는데 나의 사랑하는 자의 소리가 들리는구나 문을 두드려 이르기를 나의 누이,나의 사랑,나의 비둘기,나의 완전한 자야 문 열어 다고 내 머리에는 이슬이,내 머리털에는 밤 이슬이 가득하였다 하는구나 
아 5:3 내가 옷을 벗었으니 어찌 다시 입겠으며 내가 발을 씻었으니 어찌 다시 더럽히랴마는 
아 5:4 나의 사랑하는 자가 문틈으로 손을 들이밀매 내 마음이 동하여서 
아 5:5 일어나서 나의 사랑하는 자 위하여 문을 열 때 몰약이 내 손에서 몰약의 즙이 내 손가락에서 문 빗장에 듣는구나 
아 5:6 내가 나의 사랑하는 자 위하여 문을 열었으나 그가 벌써 물러갔네 그가 말할 때에 내 혼이 나갔구나 내가 그를 찾아도 못 만났 고 불러도 응답이 없었구나
아 5:7 성중에서 행순하는 자들이 나를 만나매 나를 쳐서 상하게 하였고 성벽을 파수하는 자들이 나의 웃옷을 벗겨 취하였구나 
아 5:8 예루살렘 여자들아 너희에게 내가 부탁한다 너희가 나의 사랑하는 자를 만나거든 내가 사랑하므로 병이 났다고 하려무나 

Verses 9-16 Even those who have little acquaintance with Christ, cannot but see amiable beauty in others who bear his image. There are hopes of those who begin to inquire concerning Christ and his perfections. Christians, who are well acquainted with Christ themselves, should do all they can to make others know something of him. Divine glory makes him truly lovely in the eyes of all who are enlightened to discern spiritual things. He is white in the spotless innocence of his life, ruddy in the bleeding sufferings he went through at his death. This description of the person of the Beloved, would form, in the figurative language of those times, a portrait of beauty of person and of grace of manners; but the aptness of some of the allusions may not appear to us. He shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all that believe. May his love constrain us to live to his glory.

아 5:9 여자 중 극히 어여쁜 자야 너의 사랑하는 자가 남의 사랑하는 자보다 나은 것이 무엇인가 너의 사랑하는 자가 남의 사랑 하는 자 보다 나은 것이 무엇이기에 이같이 우리에게 부탁하는가 

아5:10 신랑의 아름다움을 노래하는 신부

아 5:10 나의 사랑하는 자는 희고도 붉어 만 사람에 뛰어난다 

아 5:11 머리는 정금 같고 머리털은 고불고불하고 까마귀 같이 검구나 

아 5:12 눈은 시냇가의 비둘기 같은데 젖으로 씻은 듯하고 아름답게도 박혔구나 

아 5:13 뺨은 향기로운 꽃밭 같고 향기로운 풀언덕과도 같고 입술은 백합화 같고 몰약의 즙이 뚝뚝 떨어진다 

아 5:14 손은 황옥을 물린 황금 노리개 같고 몸은 아로새긴 상아에 청옥을 입힌듯 하구나 

아 5:15 다리는 정금 받침에 세운 화반석 기둥같고 형상은 레바논 같고 백향목처럼 보기 좋고 

아 5:16 입은 심히 다니 그 전체가 사랑스럽구나 예루살렘 여자들아 이는 나의 사랑하는 자요 나의 친구일다 

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV&Quiz, NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 테마별, 읽기(Wayne), 소요리, 대요리 문답, 신앙고백WCF
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약,