▶ 펠리칸, 당아새 Pelican. -sns

The Hebrew word is qaath, and this is said to be derived from a verb signifying 'to vomit.' The pelican has a peculiar habit in feeding its young that seems to have suggested this name. It goes into the sea and catches a number of fishes which it stows away in its lower beak, the under side of which is capable of being distended like a large pouch. Then it flies away inland with its burden, for which purpose it is provided with enormous wings. On the land it presses its beak against its breast, and the fish are thrown out for the young birds.

The Psalmist said, "I am like a pelican of the wilderness," which refers to the bird sitting solitary for hours as it digests its stock of fish. It was an unclean bird. Lev. 11:18; Deut. 14:17; Ps. 102:6. In two other passages the same Hebrew word is in the A.V. translated 'CORMORANT,' where it should be 'pelican.' Isa. 34:11; Zeph. 2:14. The Pelicanus graculus and the P. crispus are known in Palestine.

(레11:18 따오기와 당아와 올응과 18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, 

(신14:17 당아와 올응과 노자와 17 And the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the cormorant, 

(시102:6 나는 광야의 당아새 같고 황폐한 곳의 부엉이 같이 되었사오며 6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert. 

(사34:11 당아와 고슴도치가 그 땅을 차지하며 부엉이와 까마귀가 거기 거할 것이라 여호와께서 혼란의 줄과 공허의 추를 에돔에 베푸실 것인즉 11 But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.  

(습02:14 각양 짐승이 그 가운데 떼로 누울 것이며 당아와 고슴도치가 그 기둥 꼭대기에 깃들일 것이며 창에서 울 것이며 문턱이 적막하리니 백향목으로 지은 것이 벗겨졌음이라 14 And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of it; [their] voice shall sing in the windows; desolation [shall be] in the thresholds: for he shall uncover the cedar work.  

--- Morrish Bible Dictionary -animalbible

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV(Quiz), NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 읽기(Wayne),
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약, 테마별,