▶ 타조 Ostrich. 1. 타조   2. 문제를 외면하려 드는 사람, 현실도피주의자 -animalbible

This name occurs but twice in the A.V.

1.  yaen, Lam. 4:3, where its cruelty is referred to. A kindred Hebrew word (preceded by bath, signifying the female), bath yaanah, 'daughter of howling,' is eight times translated 'owl.' Lev. 11:16; Deut. 14:15; Job 30:29; Isa. 13:21; Isa. 34:13; Isa. 43:20; Jer. 50:39; Micah 1:8. It is classed among the unclean birds, and is characterised by dwelling in waste places, and also by its wailing cry, which well agree with the habits of the ostrich. Though some passages may seem to point to the owl, doubtless the ostrich is referred to in all the above passages.

(애04:3 타조 (레11:16 ? (신14:15 ? (사13:21 ? (사34:13 ? (렘50:39 ? (미01:8 ? 

(욥30:29; 나는 이리의 형제요 타조의 벗이로구나
Job 30:29 KJV - I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

(사43:20; 장차 들짐승 곧 승냥이와 타조도 나를 존경할 것은 내가 광야에 물을, 사막에 강들을 내어 내 백성, 내가 택한 자에게 마시게 할 것임이라
Isa 43:20 KJV - 20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

2.  notsah, signifying 'plumage,' is translated ostrich in Job 39:13-18; the ostrich, however, is referred to in Job 39:13 by the word renanim, pl., which signifies, 'a crying or wailing,' but in the A.V. is translated 'peacocks.' The passage is obscure, but Job 39:13 may be better translated thus: "The wing of the ostrich beats joyously: but is it the stork's pinion and plumage?" The passage then speaks of the ostrich leaving its eggs unprotected, and being hardened against its young. The ostrich leaves its eggs in the sand, well covered up. The sun keeps them warm by day, and the parent sits upon them at night. Other eggs are left unprotected near by for the young birds when hatched to eat, and these may be trampled on. As to the indifference of the parents to their young, it is asserted that when a hunter approaches they will leave their nests and then often they cannot find the place again in the wide desert; but dead jackals have been found near the nests, which have been killed by the parent birds. Some suppose that Job 39:16 refers to other birds laying eggs in the ostrich's nest, from which are hatched birds that are 'not hers.' Job 39:18 refers to the speed of the bird, which has often exceeded that of the best horses. The ostrich is of the family Struthionidae, order Cursores.

(욥39:13-18 타조는 즐거이 날개를 치나 학의 깃털과 날개 같겠느냐
Job 39:13-18 KJV - 13 Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich?

--- Morrish Bible Dictionary

BIBLE - WEB, KJV, ASV(Quiz), NIV,
개역한글KHRV( 120일1독, 1년1독, 권별, 성경통독 )

STUDY - 구절(WESLEY), 단락(MATTHEW), 읽기(Wayne),
Dictionary - Chapter, OT구약, NT신약, 테마별,