삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 083-01 유비가 원수를 갚다

第八十三回 戰猇亭先主得讎人 守江口書生拜大將

Fighting At Xiaoting, The First Ruler Captures An Enemy;
Defending The Three Gorges, A Student Takes Supreme Command.

卻說章武二年春正月,武威後將軍黃忠隨先主伐吳;忽聞先主言老將無用,即提刀上馬,引親隨五六人,逕到彝陵營中。吳班與張南、馮習接入,問曰:「老將軍此來,有何事故?」忠曰:「吾自長沙跟天子到今,多負勤勞。」今雖七旬有餘,食肉十斤,臂開二石之弓,能乘千里之馬,未足為老。昨日主上言吾等老邁無用,故來此與東吳交鋒,看吾斬將,老也不老!」

正言問,忽報吳兵前部己,哨馬臨營。忠奮然而起,出帳上馬。馮習等勸曰:「老將軍且休輕進。」忠不聽,縱馬而去。吳班令馮習引兵助戰。忠在吳軍陣前,勒馬橫刀,單搦先鋒潘璋交戰。璋引部將史蹟出馬。蹟欺忠年老,挺鎗出戰;鬥不三合,被忠一刀斬於馬下。潘璋大怒,揮關公使的青龍刀,來戰黃忠。交馬數合,不分勝負。忠奮力惡戰,璋料敵不過,撥馬便走。忠乘劫追殺,全勝而回。路逢關興、張苞。興曰:「我等奉聖旨來助老將軍;既已立了功,速請回營。」忠不聽。

次日,潘璋又來搦戰。黃忠奮然上馬。興、苞二人要助戰,忠不從;吳班要助戰,忠亦不從;只自引五千軍出迎。戰不敷合,璋拖刀便走。忠縱馬追之,厲聲大叫曰:「賊將休走!吾今為關公報讎!」追至三十餘里,四面喊聲大震,伏兵齊出。右邊周泰,左邊韓當,前有潘璋,後有凌統,把黃忠困在垓心。忽然狂風大起,忠急退時,山坡上馬忠引一軍,出一箭射中黃忠肩窩,險些兒落馬。

吳兵見忠中箭,一齊來攻。忽後面喊聲大起,兩路軍殺來,吳兵潰散,救出黃忠-乃關興、張苞也。二小將保送黃忠逕到御前營中。忠年老血衰,箭瘡痛裂,病甚沉重。先主御駕自來看視,撫其背曰:「令老將軍中傷,朕之過也!」忠曰:「臣乃一武夫耳,幸遇陛下。臣今年七十有五,壽亦足矣。望陛下善保龍體,以圖中原!」言訖,不省人事,是夜殞於御營。後人有詩歎曰:

老將說黃忠,收川立大功。
重披金鎖甲,雙挽鐵胎弓。
膽氣驚河北,威名鎮蜀中。
臨亡頭似雪,猶自顯英雄。

先主見黃忠氣絕,哀傷不已,敕具棺槨,葬於成都。先主歎曰:「五虎大將,已亡三人。朕尚不能復讎,深可痛哉!」乃引御林軍直至猇亭,大會諸將,分軍八路,水陸俱進。水路令黃權領兵,先主自率大軍於旱路進發:時章武二年二月中旬也。

1 In spring, the first month of the second year of Manifest Might (AD 221), the veteran warrior Huang Zhong was among the officers who followed the First Ruler to war against Wu. When he heard his master talk of old and incapable leaders, he girded on his sword and with a few faithful followers made his way to the camps at Yiling. He was welcomed by Hu Ban, the commander in charge of the siege there.

2 "For what reason do you come, O Veteran General?" asked he.

3 "I have followed the Emperor ever since he left Changsha, and I have done diligent service. I am now over seventy, but my appetite is still good for ten pounds of meat, and I can still stretch the strongest bow, and I can still ride three hundred miles without fatigue. I am not weak or worn out. But our master has been talking of old and useless leaders, and I am come to take part in the fight with Wu. If I slay one of their leaders, he will see I may be old but not worn out."

4 Just about that time the leading division of the Wu army drew near the camp. Huang Zhong hastily rose, went out of the tent, and mounted to go into the battle.

5 "Aged General, be careful!" said the generals.

6 But Huang Zhong paid no attention and set off at full speed. However, Hu Ban and Feng Xi rode out to help him. As soon as he saw the array of the enemy, he pulled up and challenged Commander Pan Zhang of the vanguard. Pan Zhang sent out one of his generals, Shi Ji, to take the challenge. Shi Ji despised his seed antagonist and rode lightly forth with his spear set, but in the third bout Huang Zhong cut him down. This angered Pan Zhang who flourished the green-dragon saber, the great sword of the old warrior Guan Yu which had passed into his possession, and took up the battle. These two fought several bouts, and neither was victor, for Huang Zhong was brimful of energy. His antagonist, seeing that he could not overcome the old man, galloped off. Huang Zhong pursued and smote his army and scored a full victory.

7 On his way back Huang Zhong fell in with the two youthful generals, Guan Xing and Zhang Bao.

8 "We come by the sacred command to aid you if necessary. And now that you have scored so complete a victory, we pray you return to the main camp," said they.

9 But the veteran would not. Next day Pan Zhang came to challenge again, and Huang Zhong at once accepted. Nor would he allow Guan Xing and Zhang Bao to come with him, or accept assistance from any other.

10 He led out five thousand troops. Before many bouts had been exchanged, Pan Zhang made a feint and got away. Huang Zhong pursued, shouting to him not to flee.

11 "Flee not, for now will I avenge the death of Guan Yu!" cried he.

12 Huang Zhong pursued some ten miles, but presently he fell into an ambush and found himself attacked from all sides---Zhou Tai on the left, Han Dang on the right, Ling Tong from behind, and the erstwhile flying Pan Zhang turned to attack the front---, so that he was surrounded and hemmed in. Huang Zhong forced his way to retreat. But suddenly a great storm came on, the wind blowing violently, and as Huang Zhong was passing some hills, an enemy cohort led by Ma Zhong came down the slopes, and one of the arrows wounded the veteran in the armpit. He nearly fell from his horse with the shock. The soldiers of Wu, seeing Huang Zhong wounded, came on all together, but soon the two youthful generals, Guan Xing and Zhang Bao, drove them off and scattered them. Thus they rescued Huang Zhong.

13 He was taken back to the main camp. But he was old and his blood was thin, and the wound gaped wide, so that he was near to die.

14 The First Ruler came to visit him and patted his back and said, "It is my fault, O Veteran General, that you have been hurt in the battle!"

15 "I am a soldier," said the old man. "I am glad that I could serve Your Majesty. But now I am seventy-five, and I have lived long enough. Be careful of your own safety for the good of the state."

16 These were his last words. He became unconscious and died that night. A poem was written of him:

17 First among veterans stands Huang Zhong, 
Who won great merit in the conquest of Shu. 
Old, he still donned his coat of mail, 
And laid his hand to the curving bow. 
His valor was the talk of all the north, 
Fear of his might maintained the west. 
Tardy he bowed his snow-white head to death, 
Fighting to the end---in very truth a hero.

18 Huang Zhong passed away, and the First Ruler looked on, very sad. He made Huang Zhong a grave in Chengdu and ordered an honorable burial there.

19 "My brave general is gone," sighed he, "and the third of my five Tiger Generals, and I have been unable to avenge their death. It is very grievous!"

20 So the Emperor led the Imperial Guards to Xiaoting, where he summoned a great assembly. He divided his forces into eight parts ready for an attack by land and water. The marines were placed under Huang Quan, and he himself led the land forces. It was then the second month of the second year of Manifest Might Era (AD 221).

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,