삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 101-05 두번째 퇴군

不想魏延又抄在前面;郃又與戰十餘合。延又敗走。郃憤怒趕來,又被關興抄在前面,截住去路。郃大怒,撥馬交鋒。戰不十合,蜀兵盡棄衣甲物件,塞滿道路。魏兵皆下馬爭取。延、興二人,輪流交戰。張郃奮勇追趕。看看天晚,趕到木門道口,魏延撥回馬,高聲大罵曰:「張郃逆賊!吾不與汝相拒!汝只顧趕來!吾今與汝決一死戰!」郃十分忿怒,挺槍驟馬,直取魏延。延揮刀來迎,戰不十合,延大敗,棄盡衣甲、頭盔、匹馬,引敗兵望木門道中而走。

張郃殺的性起,又見魏延大敗而逃,乃驟馬趕來。此時天色昏黑,一聲砲響,山上火光沖天,大石亂柴滾將下來,阻截去路。郃大驚曰:「我中計矣!」急回馬時,背後已被木石塞滿了歸路,中間只有一段空地,兩傍皆是峭壁,郃進退無路。忽一梆子響,兩下萬弩齊發,將張郃并百餘個部將皆射死於木門道中。後人有詩曰:

伏弩齊飛萬點星,
木門道上射雄兵。
至今劍閣行人過,
猶說軍師舊日名。

卻說張郃已死,隨後魏兵追到,見塞了道路,已知張郃中計。眾軍勒回馬急退。忽聽的山頭上大叫曰:「諸葛丞相在此!」眾軍仰視,只見孔明立於火光之中,指眾軍而言曰:「吾今日圍獵,欲射一『馬』,誤中一『獐』。汝各人安心而去,上覆仲達,早晚必為吾所擒矣。」

魏兵回見司馬懿,細告前事。懿悲傷不已,仰天歎曰:「張雋義身死,吾之過也!」乃收兵回洛陽。魏主聞張郃死,揮淚歎息,令人收其屍,厚葬之。

卻說孔明入漢中,欲歸成都見後主。都護李嚴妄奏後主曰:「臣已備辦軍糧,行將運赴丞相軍前,不知丞相何故忽然班師。」後主聞奏,即命尚書費禕入漢中,見孔明,問班師之故。禕至漢中宣後主之意。孔明大驚曰:「李嚴發書告急,說東吳將興兵寇川,因此班師。」費禕曰:「李嚴奏稱軍糧已辦,丞相無故回師,天子因此命某來問耳。」

孔明大怒,令人訪察:乃是李嚴因軍糧不濟,怕丞相見罪,故發書取回,卻又妄奏天子,遮飾已過。孔明大怒曰:「匹夫為一己之故,廢國家大事!」令人召至,欲斬之。費禕勸曰:「丞相念先帝託孤之意,姑且寬恕。」孔明從之。費禕即具表啟奏天子。後主覽表,勃然大怒,叱武士推出李嚴斬之。參軍蔣琬出班奏曰:「李嚴乃先帝託孤之臣,望乞恩寬恕。」

後主從之,即謫為庶人,徙於梓潼郡閒往。孔明回到成都,用李嚴子李豐為長史;積草屯糧,講陣論武,整治軍器,存恤將士:三年然後出征。兩川人民軍士,皆仰其恩德。光陰荏苒,不覺三年:時建興十二年春二月。孔明入朝奏曰:「臣今存恤軍士,已經三年。糧草豐足,軍器完備,人馬雄壯:可以伐魏。今番若不掃清奸黨、恢復中原,誓不見陛下也!」後主曰:「方今已成鼎足之勢,吳、魏不曾入寇,相父何不安享太平?」孔明曰:「臣受天帝知遇之恩,夢寐之間,未嘗不設伐魏之策。竭力盡中,為陛下克復中原,重興漢室:臣之願也。」言未畢,班部中一人出曰:「丞相不可興兵。」眾視之:乃譙周也。正是:

武侯盡瘁惟憂國,
太史知機又論天。

未知譙周有何議論,且看下文分解。

124 But quite unexpectedly Wei Yan, who had formerly fled, got round ahead of Zhang He and now appeared again. The two fought a half score bouts and again Wei Yan ran. Zhang He followed, but Guan Xing also got round to the front by a side road and so stopped the pursuit of Zhang He. Zhang He attacked furiously as soon as he was checked, this time so successfully that the troops of Shu threw away their war-gear and ran. The road was thus littered with spoil, and the Wei soldiers could not resist the temptation to gather it. They slipped from their horses and began to collect the arms.

125 The maneuvers just described continued, Wei Yan and Guan Xing one after the other engaging Zhang He, and Zhang He pressing on after each one, but achieving nothing. And as evening fell the running fight had led both sides close to the Wooden Path.

126 Then suddenly Wei Yan made a real stand, and he rode to the front, yelling, "Rebel! I have despised fighting you, but you have kept pursuing me. Now we will fight to the death!"

127 Zhang He was furious and nothing loath, so he came on with his spear to meet Wei Yan, who was flourishing his sword. They met; yet again, after some ten bouts, Wei Yan threw aside weapons, armor, helmet and all his gear, and led his defeated company sway along the Wooden Path.

128 Zhang He was filled with the lust to kill, and he could not let Wei Yan escape. So he set out after Wei Yan, although it was already dark. But suddenly lights appeared, and the sky became aglow, and at the same time huge boulders and great bulks of timber came rolling down the slopes and blocked the way.

129 Fear gripped Zhang He, and he cried, "I have blundered into an ambush!"

130 The road was blocked in front and behind and bordered by craggy precipices. Then, rat-tat-tat! came the sound of a rattle, and therewith flew clouds of arrows and showers of bolts. Zhang He, his more than one hundred generals, and his whole pursuing army perished in the Wooden Path.

131 With myriad shining bolts the air was filled, 
The road was littered with brave soldiers killed; 
The force to Saber Pass faring perished here; 
The tale of valor grows from year to year.

132 Soon the second army of Wei under Wei Ping came up, but too late to help. From the signs they knew that their comrades had been victims of a cruel trick, and they turned back.

133 But as they faced about, a shout was heard, and from the hilltops came, "I, Zhuge Liang, am here!"

134 Looking up they saw his figure silhouetted against a fire.

135 Pointing to the slain, Zhuge Liang cried, "I have gone hunting in this wood. Only instead of slaying a horse, I have killed a deer. But you may go in peace, and when you see your commander, tell him that he will be my quarry one day!"

136 The soldiers told this to Sima Yi when they returned.

137 Sima Yi was deeply mortified, saying, "Letting friend Zhang He die is my fault!"

138 And when he returned to Luoyang, the Ruler of Wei wept at the death of his brave leader and had his body searched and honorably buried.

139 Zhuge Liang had no sooner reached Hanzhong than he prepared to go on to Capital Chengdu and see his lord.

140 But Li Yan, who was in the capital, said to the Latter Ruler, "Why does the Prime Minister return, for I have kept him fully supplied with all things needed for the army?"

141 Then the Latter Ruler sent Fei Yi into Hanzhong to inquire why the army had retired.

142 When Fei Yi had arrived and showed the cause of his coming, Zhuge Liang was greatly surprised.

143 Zhuge Liang showed the letter from Li Yan, saying, "Li Yan wrote to warn that East Wu was about to invade the country."

144 Fei Yi said, "Li Yan memorialized to the Throne, saying he had sent you supplies and knew not why Your Excellency returned."

145 So Zhuge Liang inquired carefully, and then it came out that Li Yan had failed to find sufficient grain to keep the army supplied, and so had sent the first lying letter to the army that it might retire before the shortage showed itself. His memorial to the Throne was designed to cover the former fault.

146 "The fool has ruined the great design of the state just to save his own skin!" cried Zhuge Liang bitterly.

147 He summoned the offender and sentenced him to death.

148 But Fei Yi interceded, saying, "O Prime Minister, the First Ruler had loved and trusted Li Yan with his son. Please forgive him this time."

149 And so Li Yan's life was spared.

150 However, when Fei Yi made his report in Chengdu, the Latter Ruler was wroth and ordered Li Yan to suffer death.

151 But this time Jiang Wan intervened, saying, "Your late father named Li Yan as one of the guardians of your youth."

152 And the Latter Ruler relented. However, Li Yan was stripped of all ranks and relegated to Zitong.

153 Zhuge Liang went to Chengdu and appointed Li Teng, Li Yan's son, as High Counselor.

154 Preparations then began for another expedition. Plans were discussed, provisions were accumulated, weapons put in order, and officers and soldiers kept fit and trained. By his kindness to the people, Zhuge Liang waited for three years before beginning marching, and in the two River Lands people's hearts filled with joys.

155 And the time passed quickly.

156 In the second month of the twelfth year (AD 234), Zhuge Liang presented a memorial, saying, "I have been training the army for three years. Supplies are ample, and all is in order for an expedition. We may now attack Wei. If I cannot destroy these rebels, sweep away the evil hordes, and bring about a glorious entry into the capital, then may I never again enter Your Majesty's presence."

157 The Latter Ruler replied, "The empire has settled on a tripod, and Wu and Wei trouble us not at all. Why not enjoy the present tranquillity, O Father Minister?"

158 "Because of the mission left me by your father. I am ever scheming to destroy Wei, even in my dreams. I must strive my best and do my utmost to regain you the Middle Land and restore the glory of the Hans."

159 As Zhuge Liang said this, a voice cried, "An army may not go forth, O Prime Minister!"

160 Qiao Zhou had raised a last protest.

161 Zhuge Liang's sole thought was service, 
Himself he would not spare; 
But Qiao Zhou had watched the starry sky, 
And read misfortune there.

162 The next chapter will give the arguments against fighting.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,