삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 032-03 골육상쟁

操看書畢,留辛毗於寨中,聚文武計議。程昱曰:「袁譚被袁尚攻擊太急,不得已而來降,不可准信。」呂虔、滿寵亦曰:「丞相既引兵至此,安可復舍表而助譚?」荀攸曰:「三公之言未善。以愚意度之,天下方有事,而劉表坐保江、漢之間,不敢展足,其無四方之志可知矣;袁氏據四州之地,帶甲數十萬,若二子和睦,共守成業,天下事未可知也。今其兄弟相攻,勢窮而投我,我提兵先除袁尚,後觀其變。並滅袁譚,天下定矣。此機會不可失也。」

操大喜,便邀辛毗飲酒,謂之曰:「袁譚之降,真耶詐耶?袁尚之兵,果可必勝耶?」毗對曰:「明公勿問真與詐也,只論其勢可耳。袁氏連年喪敗,兵革疲於外,謀臣誅於內;兄弟讒隙,國分為二;加之饑饉並臻,天災人困;無問智愚,皆知土崩瓦解。此乃天滅袁氏之時也。今明公提兵攻鄴,袁尚不還救,則失巢穴;若還救,則譚踵襲其後。以明公之威,擊疲憊之眾,如迅風之掃秋葉也。不此之圖,而伐荊州,荊州豐樂之地,國和民順,未可搖動。況四方之患,莫大於河北。河北既平,則霸業成矣。願明公詳之。」操大喜曰:「恨與辛佐治相見之晚也!」即日督軍還取冀州。玄德恐操有謀,不敢追襲,引兵自回荊州。

卻說袁尚知曹軍渡河,急急引軍還鄴,命呂曠、呂翔斷後。袁譚見尚退軍,乃大起平原軍馬,隨後趕來。行不到數十里,一聲砲響,兩軍齊出,左邊呂曠,右邊呂翔,兄弟二人截住袁譚。譚勒馬告二將曰:「吾父在日,吾並未慢待二將軍,今何從吾弟而見迫耶。」

二將聞言,乃下馬降譚。譚曰:「勿降我,可降曹丞相。」二將因隨譚歸營。譚候操軍至,引二將見操。操大喜,以女許譚為妻,即令呂曠、呂翔為媒。譚請操攻取冀州。操曰:「方今糧草不接,搬運勞苦,我由濟河遏淇水入白溝,以通糧道,然後進兵。」令譚且居平原。操引軍退屯黎陽,封呂曠、呂翔為列侯,隨軍聽用。郭圖謂袁譚曰:「曹操以女許婚,恐非真意。今又封賞呂曠、呂翔,帶去軍中,此乃牢籠河北人心。後必終為我禍。主公可刻將軍印二顆,暗使人送與二呂,令作內應。待操破了袁尚,可乘便圖之。」

譚依言,遂刻將軍印二顆,暗送與二呂。二呂受訖,逕將印來稟曹操。操大笑曰:「譚暗送印者,欲汝等為內助,待我破袁尚之後,就中取事耳。汝等權且受之,我自有主張。」自此曹操便有殺譚之心。

且說袁尚與審配商議:「今曹兵運糧入白溝,必來攻冀州,如之奈何?」配曰:「可發檄使武安長尹楷屯毛城,通上黨運糧道;令沮授之子沮鵠守邯鄲,遙為聲援。主公可進兵平原,急攻袁譚。先絕袁譚,然後破曹。」袁尚大喜,留審配與陳琳守冀州,使馬延、張顗二將為先鋒,連夜起兵攻打平原。譚知尚兵來近,告急於操。操曰:「吾今番必得冀州矣。」

Cao Cao read them and told the messenger to wait in his camp while he called his officers to a council.

56 The council met. Cheng Yu 정욱 said, "Yuan Tan has been forced into making this offer because of the pressure of his brother's attack. Put no trust in him."

57 Lu Qian 여건 and Man Chong 만총 said, "You have led your armies here for a special purpose. How can you abandon that and go to assist Yuan Tan?"

58 "Gentlemen, not one of you is giving good advice," interposed Xun You 순유. "This is how I regard it. Since there is universal trouble, in the midst of which Liu Biao 유표 remains quietly content with his position between the River Zhang and the River Han, it is evident that he has no ambition to enlarge his borders. The Yuans hold four regions and have many legions of soldiers. Harmony between the two brothers means success for the family, and none can foresee what will happen in the empire. Now take advantage of this fraternal conflict and let them fight till they are weakened and have to yield to our Prime Minister. Then Yuan Shang can be removed, and when the times are suitable, Yuan Tan can be destroyed in his turn. Thus peace will ensue. This present combination of circumstances is to be taken advantage of to full measure."

59 Cao Cao realized the truth of this and treated Xin Pi well.

60 At a banquet Cao Cao said, "But is this surrender of Yuan Tan real or false? Do you really think that Yuan Shang's army is sure to overcome him?"

61 Xin Pi replied, "Illustrious Sir, do not inquire into the degree of sincerity; rather regard the situation. The Yuans have been suffering military losses for years and are powerless without, while their strategists are put to death within. The brothers seize every chance to speak evil of each other, and their country is divided. Add to this famine, supplemented by calamities and general exhaustion, and everybody, wise as well as simple, can see that the catastrophe is near and the time ordained of Heaven for the destruction of the Yuans is at hand. Now you have a force attacking the capital of Jizhou---Yejun---and if Yuan Shang will not return to give aid, the place of refuge is lost. If he helps, then Yuan Tan will follow up and smite him, making use of your power to destroy the remnant of his brother's army, just as the autumn gale sweeps away the fallen leaves. Now Liu Biao's Jingzhou is rich, the government peaceful, the people submissive, and it cannot be shaken. Moreover, there is no greater threat to it than the North of Yellow River. If that be reduced, then the task is complete. I pray you, Sir, think of it."

62 "I am sorry that I did not meet you earlier," said Cao Cao, much gratified with this speech.

63 Forthwith orders were given to return and attack Jizhou. Liu Bei 유비, fearing this retirement was only a ruse, allowed it to proceed without interference and himself returned to Jingzhou.

64 When Yuan Shang heard that Cao Cao had crossed the Yellow River, he hastily led his army back to Yejun, ordering Lu Xiang and Lu Kuang to guard the rear.

65 Yuan Tan started from Pingyuan with a force in pursuit. He had proceeded only a dozen miles when he heard a bomb and two bodies of troops came out in front of him and checked his progress. Their leaders were Lu Xiang 여상 and Lu Kuang 여광.

66 Yuan Tan reined in and addressed them, saying, "While my father lived, I never treated you badly. Why do you support my brother and try to injure me?"

67 The two generals had no reply to make, but they dismounted and bowed before him yielding submission.

68 Yuan Tan said, "Do not surrender to me but to the Prime Minister."

69 And he led them back to camp, where he waited the arrival of Cao Cao and then presented the pair. Cao Cao received them well. He promised his daughter to Yuan Tan to wife, and he appointed the two brothers as advisers.

70 When Yuan Tan asked Cao Cao to attack Jizhou, the reply was: "Supplies are short and difficult to transport. I must turn the waters of River Ji into the White River whereby to convey my grain and afterwards I can advance."

71 Ordering Yuan Tan to remain in Pingyuan, Cao Cao retired into camp at Liyang. The two brothers Lu Xiang and Lu Kuang, who were renegades from Yuan Shang, were now raised to noble rank and followed the army as supernumeraries.

72 Guo Tu noted this advancement and said to Yuan Tan, "He has promised you a daughter to wife. I fear that bodes no good. Now he has given titles of nobility to the two Lus and taken them with him. This is a bait for the northern people, and at the same time he intends evil toward us. You, my lord, should have two generals' seals engraved and send them secretly to the brothers so that you may have friends at court ready for the day when Cao Cao shall have broken your brother's power, and we can begin to work against him."

73 The seals were engraved and sent.

74 As soon as the Lu brothers received them, they informed Cao Cao, who smiled, saying, "He wants your support so he sends you seals as officers. I will consider it as soon as Yuan Shang has been dealt with. In the meantime you may accept the seals till I shall decide what to do."

75 Thenceforward Cao Cao planned Yuan Tan's doom.

76 Shen Pei and his master also discussed the current situation. Yuan Shang said, "Cao Cao is getting grain into the White River, which means an attack on Jizhou. What is to be done?"

77 Shen Pei replied, "Send letters to Yin Kai 윤해, Commander of Wuan, bidding him camp at Maocheng to secure the road to Shangdang, and direct Ju Gu 저곡, son of Ju Shou 저수, to maintain Handan as a distant auxiliary. Then you may advance on Pingyuan and attack Yuan Tan. After he is destroyed, Cao Cao is next."

78 The plan seemed good. Yuan Shang left Shen Pei 심배 and Chen Lin 진림 in charge of Yejun, appointed two Commanders Ma Yan 마연 and Zhang Zi 장의 as Van Leaders, and set out hastily for Pingyuan.

79 When Yuan Tan heard of the approach of his brother's army, he sent urgent messages to Cao Cao, who said to himself, "I am going to get Jizhou this time."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,