삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 051-02 주유의 헛수고

卻說周瑜,魯肅回寨。肅曰:「都督如何亦許玄德取南郡?」瑜曰:「吾彈指可得南郡,落得虛做人情。」隨問帳下將士:「誰敢先取南郡?」一人應聲而出,乃蔣欽也。瑜曰:「汝為先鋒,徐盛、丁奉為副將,撥五千精銳軍馬,先渡江。吾隨後引兵接應。」

且說曹仁在南郡,分付曹洪守彝陵,以為犄角之勢。人報:「吳兵已渡漢江。」仁曰:「堅守勿戰為上。」驍騎牛金奮然進曰:「兵臨城下而不出戰,是怯也。況吾兵新敗,正當重振銳氣。某願借精兵五百,決一死戰。」

仁從之,令牛金引五百軍出戰。丁奉縱馬來迎。約戰四五合,奉詐敗,牛金引軍追趕入陣。奉指揮眾軍一裏圍牛金於陣中。金左右衝突,不能得出。曹仁在城上望見牛金困在垓心,遂披甲上馬,引麾下壯士數百騎出城,奮力揮刀。殺入吳陣。徐盛迎戰,不能抵當。曹仁殺到垓心,救出牛金,回顧尚有數十騎在陣,不能得出,遂復翻身殺入,救出重圍。正遇蔣欽攔路,曹仁與牛金奮力衝散。仁弟曹純,亦引兵接應。混殺一陣,吳軍敗走,曹仁得勝而回。

蔣欽兵敗,回見周瑜,瑜怒欲斬之,眾將告免。

瑜即點兵,要親與曹仁決戰。甘寧曰:「都督未可造次。今曹仁令曹洪據守彝陵,為犄角之勢。某願以精兵三千,徑取彝陵,都督然後可取南郡。」

瑜服其論,先教甘寧引三千兵攻打彝陵。早有細作報知曹仁,仁與陳矯商議。矯曰:「彝陵有失,南郡亦不可守矣。宜速救之。」仁遂令曹純與牛金暗地引兵救曹洪。曹純先使人報知曹洪,令洪出城誘敵。甘寧引兵至彝陵,洪出與甘寧交鋒。戰有二十餘合,洪敗走。寧奪了彝陵。至黃昏時,曹純,牛金兵到,兩下相合,圍了彝陵。

探馬飛報周瑜,說甘寧困於彝陵城中,瑜大驚。程普曰:「可急分兵救之。」瑜曰:「此地正當衝要之處,若分兵去救,倘曹仁引兵來襲,奈何?」呂蒙曰:「甘興霸乃江東大將,豈可不救?」瑜曰:「吾欲自往救之;但留何人在此,代當吾任?」蒙曰:「留凌公續當之。蒙為前驅,都督斷後;不須十日,必奏凱歌。」瑜曰:「未知凌公續肯暫代吾任否?」凌統曰:「若十日為期,可當之;十日之外,不勝其任矣。」

瑜大喜,遂留兵萬餘,付與凌統,即日起大兵投彝陵來。蒙謂瑜曰:「彝陵南僻小路,取南郡極便。可差五百軍去砍倒樹木,以斷其路。彼軍若敗,必走此路。馬不能行,必棄馬而走,吾可得其馬也。」

瑜從之,差軍去訖。大兵將至彝陵,瑜問:「誰可突圍而入,以救甘寧?」周泰願往,即時綽刀縱馬,直殺入曹軍之中,逕到城下。甘寧望見周泰至,自出城迎之。泰言:「都督自提兵至。」寧傳令教軍士嚴裝飽食,準備內應。

39 In the meantime Zhou Yu 주유 and Lu Su 노숙 returned to their own camp, and the latter said, "Why did you tell Liu Bei that he might attack Nanjun 남군?"

40 "I can take it with a flick of my finger," replied Zhou Yu, "but I just manifested a little pretended kindliness."

41 Then he inquired among his officers for a volunteer to attack the city. Jiang Qin 장흠 offered himself, and was put in command of the vanguard, with Xu Sheng 서성 and Ding Feng 정봉 as helpers. He was given five thousand of veterans, and they moved across the river. Zhou Yu promised to follow with supports.

42 On the other side Cao Ren 조인 ordered Cao Hong 조홍 to guard Yiling 이릉, and so hold one corner of an ox-horn defense 의각지세.

43 When the news came that the South Land's force had crossed the River Han, Cao Ren said, "We will defend and not offer battle."

44 But General Niu Jin 우금 said impetuously, "To let the enemy approach the walls and not offer battle is timidity. Our troops, lately worsted, need heartening and must show their mettle. Let me have five hundred of veterans, and I will fight to a finish."

45 Cao Ren could not withstand this offer, and so the five hundred went out of the city. At once Ding Feng came to challenge the leader, and they fought a few bouts. Then Ding Feng pretended to be defeated, gave up the fight, and retreated into his own lines. Niu Jin followed him hard. When he had got within the South Land's formation, at a signal from Ding Feng, the army closed round and Niu Jin was surrounded. He pushed right and left, but could find no way out. Seeing Niu Jin in the toils, Cao Ren, who had watched the fight from the wall, donned his armor and came out of the city at the head of his own bold company of horsemen and burst in among the forces of the South Land to try to rescue his colleague. Beating back Xu Sheng, Cao Ren fought his way in and presently rescued Niu Jin.

46 However, having got out, Cao Ren saw several score of horsemen still in the middle unable to make their way out, whereupon he turned again to the battle and dashed in to their rescue. This time he met Jiang Qin 장흠 on whom Cao Ren and Niu Jin made a violent attack. Then his brother Cao Chun 조순 came up with supports, and the great battle ended in a defeat for the troops of the South Land.

47 So Cao Ren went back victor, while the unhappy Jiang Qin returned to report his failure. Zhou Yu was very angry and would have put to death his hapless subordinate but for the intervention of the other officers. Then Zhou Yu prepared for another attack where he himself would lead.

48 But Gan Ning 감녕 said, "General, do not be in too great hurry. Let me go first and attack Yiling, the supporting angle of the ox-horn formation. After that the conquest of Nanjun will be easy."

49 Zhou Yu accepted the plan and Gan Ning, with three thousand troops, went to attack Yiling.

50 When news of the approaching army reached him, Cao Ren called to his side Chen Jiao 진교, who said, "If Yiling be lost, then Nanjun is lost too. So help must be sent quickly."

51 Thereupon Cao Chun 조순 and Niu Jin 우금 were sent by secret ways to the aid of Cao Hong 조홍. Cao Chun sent a messenger to the city to ask that they should cause a diversion by a sortie at the time the reinforcements should arrive.

52 So when Gan Ning drew near, Cao Hong went out to meet and engage him. They fought a score of rounds, but Cao Hong was overcome at last, and Gan Ning took the city. However, as evening fell the reinforcements under Cao Chun and Niu Jin came up, and the captor was surrounded in the city he had taken. The scouts went off immediately to tell Zhou Yu of this sudden change of affairs which greatly alarmed him.

53 "Let us hasten to his rescue," said Cheng Pu 정보.

54 "Our place is of the greatest importance," said Zhou Yu, "and I am afraid to leave it undefended lest Cao Ren should attack."

55 "But Gan Ning is one of our first leaders and must be rescued," said Lu Meng 여몽.

56 "I should like to go myself to his aid, but whom can I leave here in my place?" said Zhou Yu.

57 "Leave Ling Tong 능통 here," said Lu Meng. "I will push on ahead, and you can protect my advance. In less than ten days we shall be singing the paean of victory."

58 "Are you willing?" said Zhou Yu to the man who was to act for him.

59 Ling Tong said, "If the ten-day period is not exceeded, I may be able to carry on for that time. I am unequal to more than that."

60 Ling Tong's consent pleased Zhou Yu who started at once, leaving ten thousand troops for the defense of the camp.

61 Lu Meng said to his chief, "South of Yiling is a little-used road that may prove very useful in an attack on Nanjun. Let us send a party to fell trees and barricade this road so that horses cannot pass. In case of defeat, the defeated will take this road and will be compelled to abandon their horses, which we shall capture."

62 Zhou Yu approved, and the men set out. When the main army drew near Yiling, Zhou Yu asked who would try to break through the besiegers, and Zhou Tai 주태 offered himself. He girded on his sword, mounted his steed, and burst straight into the Cao Hong's army. He got through to the city wall.

63 From the city wall Gan Ning saw the approach of his friend Zhou Tai and went out to welcome him. Zhou Tai told him the Commander-in-Chief was on the way to his relief, and Gan Ning at once bade the defenders prepare from within to support the attack of the rescuers.

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,