삼국지 인물 찾아보기

Chapter 056-03 제 꾀에 속은 주유

曹操連飲盃,不覺沈醉,喚左右棒過筆硯,亦欲作銅雀臺詩。剛纔下筆,忽報:「東吳使華歆表秦劉備為荊州牧,孫權以妹嫁劉備,漢上九郡大半已屬備矣。」操聞之,手腳慌亂,投筆於地。程昱曰:「丞相在萬軍之中,矢石交攻之際,未嘗動心;今聞劉備得了荊州,何故如此失驚?」操曰:「劉備人中之龍也,生平未嘗得水。今得荊州,是困龍入大海矣。孤安得不動心哉!」程昱曰:「丞相知華歆來意否?」操曰:「未知。」昱曰:「孫權本忌劉備,欲以兵攻之;但恐丞相乘虛而擊,故今華歆為使,表薦劉備。以安備之心,以塞丞相之望耳。」

操點頭曰:「是也。」昱曰:「某有一計,使孫、劉自相吞併,丞相乘間圖之,一鼓而二敵俱破。」操大喜,遂問其計。程昱曰:「東吳所倚者,周瑜也。丞相今表奏周瑜為南郡太守、程普為江夏太守,留華歆在朝重用之,瑜必自與劉備為讎敵矣。我乘其相拚而圖之,不亦善乎?」操曰:「仲德之言,正合孤意。」遂召華歆上臺,重加賞賜。當日筵散,操即引文武回許昌,表奏周瑜為總領南郡太守,程普為江夏太守。封華歆為大理寺卿,留在許都。使命至東吳,周瑜、程普各受職訖。

周瑜既領南郡,愈思報讎,遂上書吳侯,乞命魯肅去討還荊州。孫權乃命肅曰:「汝昔保荊州與劉備,今備遷延不還,等待何時?」肅曰:「文書上明白寫著,得了西川便還。」權叱曰:「只說取西川,至今又不動兵,不等老了人!」肅曰:「某願往言之。」遂乘投荊州而來。

卻說玄德與孔明在荊州廣聚糧草,調練軍馬,遠近之士多歸之。忽報魯肅到,玄德問孔明曰:「子敬此來何意?」孔明曰:「昨者孫權表主公為荊州牧,此是懼曹操之計。操封周瑜為南郡太守,此欲令我兩家自相吞併,他好於中取事也。今魯肅此來,又是周瑜既受太守之職,要來索荊州之意。」玄德曰:「何以答之?」孔明曰:「若肅提起荊州之事,主公便放聲大哭。哭到悲切之處,亮自出來解勸。」計會已定,接魯肅入府,禮畢,敘坐。肅曰:「今日皇叔做了東吳女婿,便是魯肅主人,如何敢坐?」玄德笑曰:「子敬與我舊交,何必太謙?」肅乃就坐。茶罷,肅曰:「今奉吳侯鈞命,專為荊州一事而來。皇叔已借住多時,未蒙見還。今既兩家結親,當看親情面上,早早交付。」玄德聞言,掩面大哭。肅驚曰:「皇叔何故如此?」玄德哭聲不絕。孔明從屏後出曰:「亮聽之久矣。子敬知吾主人哭的緣故麼?」肅曰:「某實不知。」孔明曰:「有何難見?當初我主人借荊州時,許下取得西川便還。仔細想來:益州劉璋是我主人之弟,一般都是漢朝骨肉。若要興兵去取他城池時,恐被外人唾罵;若要不取,還了荊州,何處安身?若不還時,於尊舅面上又不好看。事出兩難,因此淚出痛腸。」孔明說罷,觸動玄德衷腸,真個搥胸頓足,放聲大哭。魯肅勸曰:「皇叔且休煩惱,與孔明從長計議。」孔明曰:「有煩子敬,回見吳侯,勿惜一言之勞,將此煩惱情節,懇告吳侯,再容幾時。」肅曰:「倘吳侯不從,如之奈何?」孔明曰:「吳侯既以親妹聘嫁皇叔,安得不從乎?望子敬善言回覆。」

49 After this oration Cao Cao drank many cups of wine in quick succession till he became very intoxicated. He bade his servants bring him brush and inkstone so that he might compose a poem.

50 But as he was beginning to write, they announced, "The Marquis of Wu has sent Hua Xin as an envoy and presented a memorial to appoint Liu Bei Imperial Protector of Jingzhou. Sun Quan's sister is now Liu Bei's wife, while on the River Han, the greater part of the nine territories is under Liu Bei's rule."

51 Cao Cao was seized with quaking fear at the news and threw the pen on the floor.

52 Cheng Yu said to him, "O Prime Minister, you have been among fighting soldiers by myriads and in danger from stones and arrows many a time and never quailed. Now the news that Liu Bei has got possession of a small tract of country throws you into a panic. Why is it thus?"

53 Cao Cao replied, "Liu Bei is a dragon among humans. All his life hitherto he has never found his element, but now that he has obtained Jingzhou: It is as if the dragon, once captive, had escaped to the mighty deep. There is good reason for me to quake with fear."

54 "Do you know the reason of the coming of Hua Xin?" said Cheng Yu.

55 "No, I know not," said the Prime Minister.

56 "Liu Bei is Sun Quan's one terror, and Sun Quan would attack Liu Bei were it not for you, O Prime Minister. Sun Quan feels you would fall upon him while he was smiting his enemy. Wherefore he has taken this means of calming Liu Bei's suspicions and fears and at the same time directing your enmity toward Liu Bei and from himself."

57 Cao Cao nodded. "Yes," he said.

58 Cheng Yu continued, "Now this is my plan to set Sun Quan and Liu Bei at one another and give you the opportunity to destroy both. It can be done easily."

59 "What is your plan?" asked Cao Cao.

60 "The one prop of the South Land is Zhou Yu. Remove it by memorializing that Zhou Yu be appointed Governor of Nanjun. Then get Cheng Pu made Governor of Jiangxia, and cause the Emperor to retain this Hua Xin in the capital to await some important post. Zhou Yu will assuredly attack Liu Bei, and that will be our chance. Is not the scheme good?"

61 "Friend Cheng Yu, you are a man after my own heart."

62 Wherefore Cao Cao summoned the emissary from the South Land and overwhelmed him with gifts. That day was the last of the feastings and merry-makings; and Cao Cao, with all the company, returned to the capital where he forthwith presented a memorial assigning Zhou Yu and Cheng Pu to the governorships of Nanjun and Jiangxia, and Hua Xin was retained at the capital with a post of ministry.

63 The messenger bearing the commissions for their new offices went down to the South Land, and both Zhou Yu and Cheng Pu accepted the appointments. Having taken over his command, the former thought all the more of the revenge he contemplated and, to bring matters to a head, he wrote to Sun Quan asking him to send Lu Su and renew the demand for the rendition of Jingzhou.

64 Wherefore Lu Su was summoned, and his master said to him, "You are the guarantor in the loan of Jingzhou to Liu Bei. He still delays to return it, and how long am I to wait?"

65 "The writing said plainly that the rendition would follow the occupation of Yizhou."

66 Sun Quan shouted back, "Yes, it said so! But so far they have not moved a soldier to the attack. I will not wait till old age has come to us all."

67 "I will go and inquire?" said Lu Su.

68 So he went down into a ship and sailed to Jingzhou.

69 Meanwhile Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang were at Jingzhou gathering in supplies from all sides, drilling their troops, and training their armies. From all quarters people of learning flocked to their side. In the midst of this they heard of Lu Su's coming, and Liu Bei asked Zhuge Liang what he thought.

70 Zhuge Liang replied, "Just lately Sun Quan concerned himself with getting you appointed Imperial Protector of Jingzhou: That was calculated to inspire Cao Cao with fear. Cao Cao obtained for Zhou Yu the governorship of Nanjun: That was designed to stir up strife between our two houses and set us fighting so that he might accomplish his own ends. This visit of Lu Su means that Zhou Yu, having taken over his new governorship, wishes to force us out of this place."

71 "Then how shall we reply?"

72 "If Lu Su introduces the subject, you will at once set up loud lamentations. When the sound of lamentation is at its height, I will appear and talk over your visitor."

73 Thus they planned, and Lu Su was duly received with all honor.

74 When the salutations were over and host and guest were about to be seated, Lu Su said, "Sir, now that you are the husband of a daughter of Wu, you have become my lord, and I dare not sit in your presence."

75 Liu Bei laughed. "You are an old friend," said he. "Why this excessive humility?"

76 So Lu Su took his seat. And when tea had been served, the guest said, "I have come at the order of my master to discuss the subject of Jingzhou. You, O Imperial Uncle, have had the use of the place for a long time. Now that your two houses are allied by marriage, there should be the most friendly relations between you two, and you should hand it back to my master."

77 At this Liu Bei covered his face and began to cry.

78 "What is the matter?" asked the guest.

79 Liu Bei only wept the more bitterly.

80 Then Zhuge Liang came in from behind a screen, saying, "I have been listening. Do you know why my lord weeps so bitterly?"

81 "Really I know not."

82 "But it is easy to see. When my lord got the temporary occupation of Jingzhou, he gave the promise to return it when he had got the West River Land. But reflect. Liu Zhang of Yizhou is my lord's younger brother, and both of them are blood relations of the ruling family. If my lord were to move an army to capture another region, he fears the blame of the ignorant. And if he yields this place before he has another, where could he rest? Yet while he retains this place, it seems to shame you. The thing is hard on both sides, and that is why he weeps so bitterly."

83 The close of Zhuge Liang's speech seemed to move Liu Bei to greater grief, for he beat his breast and stamped his feet and wept yet more bitterly.

84 Lu Su attempted to console him, saying, "Be not so distressed, O Uncle. Let us hear what Zhuge Liang can propose."

85 Zhuge Liang said, "I would beg you to return to your master and tell him all. Tell him of this great trouble, and entreat him to let us stay here a little longer."

86 "But suppose he refuses: What then?" said Lu Su.

87 "How can he refuse since he is related by marriage to my master?" said Zhuge Liang. "I shall expect to hear glad tidings through you."

삼국지 백과사전 인물, 지명, 병법, 전투, 무기, 관직, More...

한국 Korea Tour in Subkorea.com Road, Islands, Mountains, Tour Place, Beach, Festival, University, Golf Course, Stadium, History Place, Natural Monument, Paintings, Pottery, K-jokes, UNESCO Heritage, 중국 China Tour in Subkorea.com History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, J-Cartoons, 일본 Japan Tour in Subkorea.com Tour Place, Baduk, Golf Course, Stadium, University, History, Idioms, UNESCO Heritage, E-jokes, 인도 India Tour in Subkorea.com History, UNESCO Heritage, Tour Place, Golf Course, Stadium, University, Paintings,